I'm afraid there will be a militar coup on my country

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ltcvnzl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 9:57 pm

we already had a very controversial impeachment, which some people call a kind of soft-coup (which honestly I agree). now there is a scandal involving the new president and i'm afraid on how things will turn :/ our democracy is quite weak.

BaronHarkonnen85
Raven
Raven

17 May 2017, 10:11 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
we already had a very controversial impeachment, which some people call a kind of soft-coup (which honestly I agree). now there is a scandal involving the new president and i'm afraid on how things will turn :/ our democracy is quite weak.

I doubt he'll actually be impeached, and even if he is, the trial in the Senate requires a 2/3 to convict. I've seen no convincing evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians. It's just the media and intelligence community saying "believe us." Well, I don't believe them.

You can't trust the intelligence community. The NSA spies on the American people. The CIA has overthrown governments, and they imported cocaine into southern California in the 80s as part of Iran-Contra.

ltcvnzl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 10:13 pm

i'm not from USA – sorry, I should had been clear about it on the post.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:32 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:

In which country do you reside?

ltcvnzl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 10:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

In which country do you reside?

brazil

sorry i often forget to complete the informations i already know

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:39 pm

Bom dia. I am hoping and praying for peace in Brazil.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 4:17 am

On the bright side, you can at least be thankful that you're not in Venezuela.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 3:34 pm

Fogman wrote:
On the bright side, you can at least be thankful that you're not in Venezuela.

True but what would happen if they were from Venezuela?

MagicKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2017, 4:14 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:

You came a long way off the mainstream social media to talk about Brazilian politics to foreigners, eh?

-- Um aspie brasileiro ;)

Almajo88
Toucan
Toucan

18 May 2017, 4:27 pm

As a Brit, I'm reasonably aware of the situation in Brazil, but it's not really reported in the mainstream news here. Perhaps because Temer's government is broadly allied with the interests of our own (and America's). It's increasingly apparent that the 'constitutional coup' was carried out to prevent a corruption scandal, and Temer was obviously never elected as president; it's a situation that would be unimaginable to much of the west.

To the OP, understand that there is some solidarity with the people of Brazil, even if it's not expressed by our governments. Also, anybody who is unaware about what's happening in Brazil should read this to begin with: https://theintercept.com/2017/05/18/aft ... democracy/

ltcvnzl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 4:27 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

You came a long way off the mainstream social media to talk about Brazilian politics to foreigners, eh?

-- Um aspie brasileiro ;)

I just like here and I was really afraid yesterday although today I'm starting to guess things will just vanish. Is it wrong?

BaronHarkonnen85
Raven
Raven

18 May 2017, 4:28 pm

Wan't it a military coup that ended the monarchy in Brazil?

Bring back the Emperor. Republicanism is the rule of lesser men.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:00 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Trolling or just an enemy of the Enlightenment and western civilization?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:48 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:

Trolling or just an enemy of the Enlightenment and western civilization?

So you believe that if a person happens to be a monarchist they are, by default, "an enemy of the enlightenment and Western civilisation"? This is what's known as a non-sequitur. Republics tend to be politically unstable, and often result in tyranny.

MagicKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2017, 8:17 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
I just like here and I was really afraid yesterday although today I'm starting to guess things will just vanish. Is it wrong?

Hello again.

The political perception of people is actually the perception conveyed by the press. We never know for sure how things work behind the curtains. The landscape looks much quieter overnight because the media considered the strength of those news to have been depleted. Still our well-known political figures must be out there working to full powers, doing whatever is necessary to keep their agendas on tracks, despite the silence of the media, above all because they are all in danger - both left and right wings alike.

I don't believe there will be a military coup. The chances are very small in that sense imho. The military gave up on this country and they don't want to come back, no matter how much the people are claiming for a military revival. The closest to a military threat right now would be Jair Bolsonaro winning the next election - something I really wish won't happen but anyway, he was once a military but not anymore. He just keeps that same closed mindset, what is probably as deadly as a military coup.

Anyway we're pretty much out of alternatives here and this is why I never believed politicians of whatever party, shape or smell. That's a game for the powerful people, not a game to empower the people, and it's always been. People who still believe in the left are as blind as those who ever believed the right wing.