Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The s

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:45 pm

A beaver builds a dam and is considered a keystone specie.
In other words, all the others rely on it.

Why can't human activity be considered, not only benign, but a necessary part of our ecosystem. Why are we considered apart from nature, instead of the most important part.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 6:35 pm

Because many ask the question, but none have come up with the answer.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

I believe we are the most important part. Mankind's activity might be considered just as natural as when animals make houses for themselves. It's not called sprawl and pollution.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 7:55 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I believe we are the most important part. Mankind's activity might be considered just as natural as when animals make houses for themselves. It's not called sprawl and pollution.

Correct, but if other animals were as intelligent as we think we are, and saw how little we cared for the environment we are passing to our next generation, they would think we were brain dead and heartless bastards.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 8:19 am

After a certain point, you can no longer flush, wash, or burn enough of it away.

But, what if people put to good use, what it is impossible to throw away.

What if matériel, in general, is meant for human use.

And, the things we don't care for, serve a useful purpose.

Then, it wouldn't be gnosticism. It wouldn't be a trap. it would be the product of an intelligent, benevolent design.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 9:40 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Quote:
After a certain point, you can no longer flush, wash, or burn enough of it away.

I know of no product that cannot be dealt with in an intelligent way. All we need do is suffer the cost.

If you know of such a product, name it.

Quote:
But, what if people put to good use, what it is impossible to throw away.

I understand the situation but fail to see the problem in that.

Quote:
What if matériel, in general, is meant for human use.

Again. I understand the situation but fail to see the problem in that.

Quote:
And, the things we don't care for, serve a useful purpose.

If serving a useful purpose then we would care for it would we not?
Quote:

Then, it wouldn't be gnosticism. It wouldn't be a trap. it would be the product of an intelligent, benevolent design.

You lost me on this one buddy. I have no idea of what you are trying to say.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 11:26 am

Doesn't gnosticism say that the physical world is evil? A trap set by the Creator? How were you supposed to solve that problem, a world full of sh-.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 12:19 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Doesn't gnosticism say that the physical world is evil? A trap set by the Creator? How were you supposed to solve that problem, a world full of sh-.

No. That is not our belief.

There are two aspects to the old Gnostic Christianity. One where we invented a myth to put against the Christian myth, when Christians knew it was a myth, --- before they became idol worshipers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

The second aspect is out true beliefs. Those are expressed, on matter, this way.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBe ... r_embedded

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

Making yourself the point of reference.

But, you tend to blame human intervention, of any kind, then, you give up, on solving the problem.