Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2017, 1:49 pm

Because this is how they think:

-I have a guy friend
-He seems like a nice guy
-He asked me to go see a movie with him
-OH NO!! !! THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!! !
-BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX!! !
-HOW DARE THAT HE WANTS SEX WHEN I DON'T!!
-HE MUST BE A MISOGYNIST WHO FEELS ENTITLED TO A WOMAN'S BODY!! !
-I KNOW THIS BECAUSE ALL NICE GUYS JUST WANT TO GET LAID AND DON'T WANT TO DO OTHER FUN STUFF LIKE GOING TO MOVIES!
-I KNOW BECAUSE TUMBLR SAYD SO AND I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I READ ON IT!! !

-YOU'RE FRIENDZONED!! !
-YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST FOR GETTING PUT INTO THE FRIENDZONE!! !
-GETTING PUT INTO THE FRIENDZONE IS ALL ABOUT ENTITLEMENT!! !
-WOMEN ARE THE REAL VICTIMS OF THE FRIENDZONE BECAUSE THE FRIENDZONE IS NOT REAL!! !

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:29 pm

Aaendi wrote:

-I have a guy friend
-OH NO!! ! ! THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!! !
-I KNOW THIS BECAUSE ALL NICE GUYS JUST WANT TO GET LAID AND DON'T WANT TO DO OTHER FUN STUFF LIKE GOING TO MOVIES!

-YOU'RE FRIENDZONED!! !
-WOMEN ARE THE REAL VICTIMS OF THE FRIENDZONE BECAUSE THE FRIENDZONE IS NOT REAL!! !

What a winning personality! I don't understand why your lady "friends" wouldn't want to spend time with you........ :lol:

An odd contrast I'm seeing is that all my most outspoken liberal activist friends (the so-called SJWs) are married/engaged or in long term relationships despite most being very socially awkward and nerdy. Must be a conspiracy.......

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 4:39 pm

No critic wants to clearly define SJW. Thus, it seems like they just use the term for anyone who criticises their anti-social behavior.

It's deflection, like saying calm down when you mean shut up.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2017, 5:35 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

-I have a guy friend
-OH NO!! ! ! THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!! !

-YOU'RE FRIENDZONED!! !

What a winning personality! I don't understand why your lady "friends" wouldn't want to spend time with you........ :lol:

I'm only saying the truth.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm

A SJW is a woman who doesn't behave like you think she should?

Do you have other special powers besides omniscience?

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2017, 6:07 pm

No an SJW is a woman who f***s up every platonic relationship she has by accusing every male friend of being a rapist or stalker.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:10 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
No critic wants to clearly define SJW. Thus, it seems like they just use the term for anyone who criticises their anti-social behavior.

Seems silly to be honest. I have seen maybe one person that shows a distaste for discussing these issues, the vast majority of liberals I meet are individuals happy to discuss these issues.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:25 pm

Aaendi wrote:
No an SJW is a woman who f***s up every platonic relationship she has by accusing every male friend of being a rapist or stalker.

You don't sound creepy at all in this thread. ;-)

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2017, 6:49 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

And you don't sound like an SJW at all.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:59 pm

Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

So I had the correct definition in the first place. Thanks!

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2017, 7:28 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

You forgot to include the conditions that an SJW has to be a radical feminist and leftwing nutjob.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 7:33 pm

Well as I have said I see a lot more complaining about SJWs on the internet than I actually see SJWs out and about IRL going around harassing people and trying to make them walk on egg shells.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 7:38 pm

Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

You forgot to include the conditions that an SJW has to be a radical feminist and leftwing nutjob.

I meant this:
jrjones9933 wrote:

I feel like you confirmed it with that last post.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Obsession. People can't get their minds off of whatever boogieman they've chosen, whether it's SJWs, the alt-right, etc.

I can not speak for anyone else but their bullying for conformity I think is a dangerous thing for those of us Autistics who value "Daring to to be Different".

It's an ironic cycle, so-called 'SJWs' stick up for people bullied for 'daring to be different' through what you insist is bullying. Most of the time SJWs are obnoxious but not bullies - and if their obnoxiousness is an issue it should equally be an issue when the social injustice warriors behave obnoxiously.

How is public shaming on and off line, demanding you use certain language only, violently protesting to disinvite speakers and to get people fired, demanding you can not be in a certain formally public spaces or else, not forms of bullying?. If this is not bullying what is?

Oh I forget. I am just a old cis straight white male who is out of date and who has no right to an opinion about the new definition of bullying decided by the enlightened ones.

They only care about certain groups that are different from the mainstream. I have not seen much evidence that autistics are among their favored groups. Maybe because of stereotype of autistics as rich white boys, I don't know. If they are smart they should see us as a threat. "If you have have met one autistic you have met one autistic", can't have that type of individualist thinking.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 19 Jun 2017, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:14 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
First we'll have to clearly define the term. I've met lots of people who had total devotion to their social justice cause. It didn't pay well, and they worked almost all the time. You can count on people to volunteer for marching and shouting, and if they feel sufficiently motivated to change their situation, civil disobedience. But you have to train people to do civil disobedience in the classical sense. You have to work out the transportation to the site, and call people to confirm that they will drive and pick up other people. Someone needs to bring water, so people don't pass out on the march because they came unprepared, and on, and on and on to where it takes up most of their lives keeping the volunteers moving in the right direction.

Also, these marches don't just happen by themselves if they aim to accomplish anything. You have to write letters to representatives, have lucid people show up and testify at hearings, and build relationships with people on all sides of the issue so that you can negotiate the solution to the problem, or get the legislation passed, or whatever the social justice goal is.

If you don't think people ought to organize and do those things, then go hide in your hole and hate SJWs. Otherwise, it takes someone a little unhinged to dedicate years of their lives to changing society, and put up with all the inevitable setbacks. Who else would do it?

Some jackass shaking their finger at people on the internet? Many of the people who complain about SJWs do plenty of that.

Not all social justice activists are social justice warriors. One has to engage in the behaviors I mentioned above. One idiot shaking their fist or screaming on is not what I am talking about. I am talking about deliberate campaigns to get what they want by attempting to silence and defame those they disagree with. Gamergate from which the term "social justice warrior" emerged is still a good example.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
First we'll have to clearly define the term. I've met lots of people who had total devotion to their social justice cause. It didn't pay well, and they worked almost all the time. You can count on people to volunteer for marching and shouting, and if they feel sufficiently motivated to change their situation, civil disobedience. But you have to train people to do civil disobedience in the classical sense. You have to work out the transportation to the site, and call people to confirm that they will drive and pick up other people. Someone needs to bring water, so people don't pass out on the march because they came unprepared, and on, and on and on to where it takes up most of their lives keeping the volunteers moving in the right direction.

Also, these marches don't just happen by themselves if they aim to accomplish anything. You have to write letters to representatives, have lucid people show up and testify at hearings, and build relationships with people on all sides of the issue so that you can negotiate the solution to the problem, or get the legislation passed, or whatever the social justice goal is.

If you don't think people ought to organize and do those things, then go hide in your hole and hate SJWs. Otherwise, it takes someone a little unhinged to dedicate years of their lives to changing society, and put up with all the inevitable setbacks. Who else would do it?

Some jackass shaking their finger at people on the internet? Many of the people who complain about SJWs do plenty of that.

Not all social justice activists are social justice warriors. One has to engage in the behaviors I mentioned above. One idiot shaking their fist or screaming on is not what I am talking about. I am talking about deliberate campaigns to get what they want by attempting to silence and defame those they disagree with. Gamergate from which the term "social justice warrior" emerged is still a good example.

I don't know where you read about Gamergate. Do you mean the butthurt young men were SJWs? People who made vile threats and stalked women who write about games? They wanted no debate.