Page 1 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 1:33 pm

For employees of the intelligence services with a security clearance, any contact with a known or suspected agent of foreign intelligence must be reported in something like a suspicious contact report.

Public officials with security clearances don't have the same requirement, but they should practice good counterintelligence awareness because it's the right thing to do! Sessions has been doing his job long enough to know this. That he also didn't mention those contacts in written answers during his confirmation hearings is a bigger problem.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jun 2017, 2:01 pm

Nobody does that tho, it's not standard practice. Nothing has been inappropriate about any of these alleged encounters, it's now just after the fact there is a witch hunt for any passing connection with Russia regardless of the circumstances. If Trump and his administration gets held to this standard then so should everybody else I think there is a CLEAR case of obstruction with Loretta Lynch and I think James Comey is also guilty of a crime too for leaking. Do you think that was the only time Comey did that? One thing about that whole process of getting that information "out there" is how routine it seemed.

This is the deep state right in front of your eyes, people talk about the KGB ruling Russia as if that is anything different than what goes on in our country. Neocons are a faction within our intelligence community and have been so since the 70s when the CIA was under Bush Sr, look up CIA Team B! Clinton had deep ties with the CIA while AG and governor of Arkansas and likely before that. A Rhodes Scholar at Oxford during the Vietnam War is exactly the type of person they'd be interested in recruiting. We know about the CIA activity in Arkansas smuggling in cocaine, you think 'the boys on the tracks' happened for no reason? These are bad bad people! Obama and his mother both likely have connections as well judging by where they worked.(known fronts) You don't think they 'groom' future leaders?

What OTHER foreign entities have "meddled" with our elections to same standard that we're holding Russia to? Mind you, we've put sanctions on Russia because of it so if some other country did the same they'd get the same treatment right?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 2:15 pm

Although this is a shrill and hyper-politicized narrative, it was done in an official capacity, and I am not represented by it, in what claims to be a representative republic. What personal interest of mine was being pursued with the Russians.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 4:55 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:
^ Says RT News.

^ troll and decided trump was guilty because hurt fee fees over the election

IT WAS HER TURN!

Here's how stupid and dishonest Democrats are, when they thought they were going to win they went on to try to create this narrative that Trump wouldn't accept the results of the election and how it was dangerous to our democracy. They mocked the very idea that our elections got be rigged or 'hacked' but barely a week later they start crafting this Russian fiction, the media thinks you are stupid(and a lot of people apparently are) and have no long term memory so they pretend they never said what they said. It's the same thing with the fake news stuff, they were trying to paint opposition news sources like Breitbart and Drudge as 'fake news' meanwhile they've unleashed the greatest torrent of fake news & yellow journalism this country has seen since the Spanish-American War all the while saying that the term they made up 'fake news' is the equivalent of the 'n-word' to journalists. You can't take these people seriously and shouldn't give them any credibility, they will say and do anything to push their narrative. The MSM has been exposed straight up lying over and over and over again, you can predict how they'll lie about something in real time.

Breitbart and Drudge are fake news.
I remember once a photo appearing in Drudge, of when Obama, along with with the French President, were descending a staircase, had caught Obama turning his head at the right moment, while in the background, a young lady had already passed them and was ascending said stairs. Drudge published the photo with the caption: Mr President! The implication being, Obama was checking out this woman (and so what if he was). Well, Drudge had taken an innocuous picture, and implied something about it, bringing about a storm of racist comments by Drudge's readership - as I believe was expected and planned on.

CNN runs 10 new stories like this a day about Trump

The only difference is, Trump admitted in an interview how he had fired Comey to stop the Russian investigation. Same as he had been caught on tape making light of what amounts to his own sexual assault on women. I fail to see how the stories CNN reports on is at all similar to the fake news presented on Breitbart, Drudge, or Fox.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:05 pm

What part of "Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everybody else gets one" is real news? Not even the flag pin nonsense has been as inane and childish as that. Where did all those October surprises that the MSM thought would sink Trump go after the election? The MSM has desperately thrown everything they had against the wall hoping anything sticks, when the BS Russian narrative is finally put to rest they won't acknowledge it and will just seamlessly transition to next new narrative that they think will finally be the end of Donald Trump.

I miss old CNN, when they use to cover plane disappearances for weeks on end and speculated about black holes or aliens beaming them up. Such journalistic integrity. Biggest joke on TV.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What part of "Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everybody else gets one" is real news? Where did all those October surprises that the MSM thought would sink Trump go after the election? The MSM has desperately thrown everything they had against the wall hoping anything sticks, when the BS Russian narrative is finally put to rest they won't acknowledge it and will just seamlessly transition to next new narrative that they think will finally be the end of Donald Trump.

As I remember, Fox, Drudge, and Breitbart had attacked Obama with every facetious charge for the length of his whole two terms, but your side of the aisle never seemed to have had a problem with this.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

EzraS wrote:
When Sessions and whoever else is being asked if they have communicated with Russians / the Russian government, does that mean simply meeting a Russian ambassador at a convention or some other Russian at a populated event where people brush shoulders, or are they asking about some secret meeting behind closed doors? I mean they're looking for collusion as in secret cooperation right? So how would two people happening to be at the same convention or similar be pertinent?

I suppose it's not so much the nature of the interaction, but what was communicated. Sessions neglecting to disclose his meeting is suspicious because he didn't disclose it. It is Session's actions that are drawing attention to him, just like Trump's.

His tweet regarding being the subject of an FBI special investigation is interesting. His lawyers are suggesting it was a sarcastic reaction to the Washington Post story and that Trump is not being investigated. It's all very confusing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As I remember, Fox, Drudge, and Breitbart had attacked Obama with every facetious charge for the length of his whole two terms, but your side of the aisle never seemed to have had a problem with this.

I see this sort of argument from different people and to me it's saying team L is just doing what team R has done. Like 'we are the same as team R now'. Such as you're essentially matching CNN to Breitbart and Drudge. Team L is going around matching it's self to team R in many ways in their apologetics. "That's what they do, so that's how we decided operate and be just like them".

As far as CNN goes, it's more like a tabloid in how it delivers news about the President. If I want actual news I go to Reuters, AP and such. If I want gossip and sensationalism I'll go to CNN, MSM and such.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:45 pm

I find this investigation confusing and that's why I started this thread. As far as the nature of the interaction, it seems like it would be the same as any other interaction with others attending a convention or similar. It's not like such a public event is the only way someone on Trump's staff could talk to a Russian.

What I would find very suspicious and incriminating is if any clandestine meetings had taken place.

And what makes the whole investigation seem fishy is the fact that there was a huge outcry to have Trump removed from the very beginning starting last November. How he never should have been elected. How unfair it was that he won. That there's got to be some way to get him removed from office because of that. So naturally all the attempts at doing just that seem like a plot.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Nobody does that tho, it's not standard practice.

Wrong. A government employee who has a security clearance will lose his security clearance (and probably his job) if he does not report contacts with just about anyone connected to the Russian government.

Jacoby wrote:
Nothing has been inappropriate about any of these alleged encounters,

They absolutely were inappropriate.

Jacoby wrote:
it's now just after the fact there is a witch hunt for any passing connection with Russia regardless of the circumstances. If Trump and his administration gets held to this standard then so should everybody else

Everyone else is held to those standards.

Jacoby wrote:
I think there is a CLEAR case of obstruction with Loretta Lynch

So, don't tell us. Tell Jeff Sessions.

Jacoby wrote:
and I think James Comey is also guilty of a crime too for leaking.

Nope.

Jacoby wrote:
Do you think that was the only time Comey did that?

Yes.

Jacoby wrote:
This is the deep state right in front of your eyes,

You're just throwing around nonsensical buzzwords that you've heard.

Jacoby wrote:

people talk about the KGB ruling Russia as if that is anything different than what goes on in our country. Neocons are a faction within our intelligence community and have been so since the 70s when the CIA was under Bush Sr, look up CIA Team B! Clinton had deep ties with the CIA while AG and governor of Arkansas and likely before that. A Rhodes Scholar at Oxford during the Vietnam War is exactly the type of person they'd be interested in recruiting. We know about the CIA activity in Arkansas smuggling in cocaine, you think 'the boys on the tracks' happened for no reason? These are bad bad people! Obama and his mother both likely have connections as well judging by where they worked.(known fronts) You don't think they 'groom' future leaders? What OTHER foreign entities have "meddled" with our elections to same standard that we're holding Russia to? Mind you, we've put sanctions on Russia because of it so if some other country did the same they'd get the same treatment right?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
When Sessions and whoever else is being asked if they have communicated with Russians / the Russian government, does that mean simply meeting a Russian ambassador at a convention or some other Russian at a populated event where people brush shoulders, or are they asking about some secret meeting behind closed doors? I mean they're looking for collusion as in secret cooperation right? So how would two people happening to be at the same convention or similar be pertinent?

I feel that they are NOT asking if Sessions just merely "brushed shoulders" with someone at a convention, or something----and, that they ARE asking if he had any "secret / closed door" conversations with any Russian(s). I feel that that's why they're, ALSO, after Jared Kushner----because, IIRC, there was a report that he had a meeting with some Russian bank guy, at a hotel, or something.

Also, it is a tactic, sometimes, of people in authority to ask something in a round-about way----or, to ask a question without caring about the answer----just to see what someone's reaction, will be. (Ever heard someone say, something like: "UGH, somebody broke my..."; and, the first person, within earshot, to speak-up, will say: "I didn't do it!"? LOL The person didn't say "Did YOU do this?". I've asked round-about questions, more-than-once, as a teacher, and I am AMAZED that I catch someone, almost every single time----and, I was teaching ADULTS!! LOL)

IMO, Sessions was lyin' his butt, off, at his hearing----every little question seemed to fluster him; thus, IMO, making him look guilty (of what, IDK), even if he isn't. A PRIME example, IMO, of him getting easily flustered, was when some attractive black lady (I can't remember who she was), fired-off a whole long list of questions, and he 'bout pooped a brick (he even admitted that she made him nervous)----the problem, IS, IMO, that she did the EXACT SAME THING to James Comey, and he didn't falter, ONCE, in his answers (I think, IIRC, that lady even finished her questioning, WAY before her time was up); so, that was, pretty much, IMO, the icing on the cake that said that Comey was NOT lying. (In Sessions defense, though, Comey had already been fired, and was not fighting to keep his job, as Sessions was----but, IMO, Comey is so upstanding, that it wouldn't have mattered.)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I see this sort of argument from different people and to me it's saying team L is just doing what team R has done. Like 'we are the same as team R now'. Such as you're essentially matching CNN to Breitbart and Drudge. Team L is going around matching it's self to team R in many ways in their apologetics. "That's what they do, so that's how we decided operate and be just like them".

As far as CNN goes, it's more like a tabloid in how it delivers news about the President. If I want actual news I go to Reuters, AP and such. If I want gossip and sensationalism I'll go to CNN, MSM and such.

No, in my past posts, I maintained Trump was actually guilty of something, and so I believe the CNN reports on him are legit.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Nobody does that tho, it's not standard practice.

You're just throwing around nonsensical buzzwords that you've heard.

Nope, that's what you're doing on top of being factual wrong about about these 'security clearances'. Not standard, not the rule, not required, no obligation to report. That's all congress would be doing if they had to report every chance encounter they have with a foreigner. Cold War ended over 25 years ago! You are blinded by hate.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 10:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No, in my past posts, I maintained Trump was actually guilty of something, and so I believe the CNN reports on him are legit.

People across the globe were proclaiming that Trump must be guilty of something he can be impeached for the second he won the election. There's gotta be something. It's imperative that they come up with something to get rid of him. That's a fact.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 10:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

People across the globe were proclaiming that Trump must be guilty of something he can be impeached for the second he won the election. There's gotta be something. It's imperative that they come up with something to get rid of him. That's a fact.

Just like there always had to be something the media had to declare was the end of Trump's candidacy but never was. It is so old and desperate at this point, these people have no intention whatsoever of reciprocating in our democracy therefor it's not really a democracy at all.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 11:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Only because Putin's finger prints were found all over Trump's victory from the start.
As Trump has a long history of cheating his workers and contractors of pay, and cheating on his taxes, it doesn't take a rocket scientist that that behavior wouled continue into the White House, and so people were prepared.