Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:30 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:
It's not terrorism because it's just one dude. There's no terror because the threat is dealt with. To be terrorism you need to have a group that endorses and attempts to carry out further such attacks. I feel the same way about the BLM guy who killed police. As bad as I think BLM are, I'm not yet ready to call them a terrorist group for the same reason, it was a lone murderer acting of his own volition.

It is called "lone wolf" terrorism. As long as it violence aimed at intimidating others for social or political reasons it is terrorism it should not matter if it one person or a group.

Probably the BLM guy was a lone wolf. From what I see the BLM is not really a group but more like each chapter doing its own thing. Some BLM folks want violent revolution some want to go the civil disobedience route. The Charlottesville guy is going to make a lot of people more reluctant to counter protest an "alt right" protest. The Dallas guy had to increase fear among cops in that city.

Like most of these incidents, this is probably a mental illness issue, not terrorism.

Unless, we judge people based on outcome, rather than motivation?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:33 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:
It's not terrorism because it's just one dude. There's no terror because the threat is dealt with. To be terrorism you need to have a group that endorses and attempts to carry out further such attacks. I feel the same way about the BLM guy who killed police. As bad as I think BLM are, I'm not yet ready to call them a terrorist group for the same reason, it was a lone murderer acting of his own volition.

It is called "lone wolf" terrorism. As long as it violence aimed at intimidating others for social or political reasons it is terrorism it should not matter if it one person or a group.

Probably the BLM guy was a lone wolf. From what I see the BLM is not really a group but more like each chapter doing its own thing. Some BLM folks want violent revolution some want to go the civil disobedience route. The Charlottesville guy is going to make a lot of people more reluctant to counter protest an "alt right" protest. The Dallas guy had to increase fear among cops in that city.

Like most of these incidents, this is probably a mental illness issue, not terrorism.

If this was done by a member of Daesh, it would've been called terrorism. But because it was done by a "mere" neo Nazi, he gets a free pass and gets labeled a murderer instead. b***h, please. This is domestic f*****g terrorism.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:38 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

If this was done by a member of Daesh, it would've been called terrorism. But because it was done by a "mere" neo Nazi, he gets a free pass and gets labeled a murderer instead. b***h, please. This is domestic f*****g terrorism.

He has a history of taking anti-psychotic medicine.

Like me, and many of us here.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:40 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

That doesn't mean he isn't still somewhat in control of his actions. And for the record, I've taken antipsychotics too. I'm actually waiting to be prescribed one for my OCD.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

On a side-note this is really gross, both the hacking and some of what he mentions seeing at the march, between the permit pull and the surrounding details. They still don't know who pulled down the website, I don't think they'd let it happen twice though and for as much as it might bother people the last thing anyone should be doing is trying to rip down people's right to do interviews and go over the issues, even worse make any attempt to dox their listeners/subscribers.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

Another interesting thing (back directly on topic).

As the narrative below stands - security details were worked out with the local police that ANTIFA protesters would be kept on the south side of the park and, if things got particularly rough or hostile, the event organizers and attendees would be moved out through the north side of the park. At a certain given point not only was the permit pulled but all of the speakers and attendees were pushed into the south WITH the counter-protesters.

All of that, if true, raises a lot of questions.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 3:39 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

Oh, we all know how you judge people in America.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:15 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

Are you suggesting if you were to engage in politically motivated violence it wouldn't be terrorism simply on the basis that you suffer a mental health concern? #mentallyillpeoplecancommitterrorismtoo

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 4:26 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

Oh, we all know how you judge people in America.

I do not know the car terrorists mental state but he is a Nazi.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Drake wrote:

Are you suggesting if you were to engage in politically motivated violence it wouldn't be terrorism simply on the basis that you suffer a mental health concern? #mentallyillpeoplecancommitterrorismtoo

I absolutely agree. And you know, terrorists often take advantage of the mentally ill in order to further their goals. I don't know what the driver's exact motivation was however, if he was instructed to run down counterprotestors, or if he decided to do it himself, but regardless, it's still an act of terrorism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

It was an act of terrorism because the guy targeted his political "enemies."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:31 pm

...Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk. Ya dingbat! <strikes> Pow! 8)

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
I too stand by my fan base.
Probably wouldn't stand by his fan base but I do stand by my fan base.
ImageIMG_6147
:wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

...I presume you've seen since that his mum was found, seemed honestly bewildered & sad? (& not the meatiest meatball in the oven, neither...but that doesn't make her a killer! :| )

ote="ASPartOfMe"]From what I saw both sides were prepared, eager, and willing to brawl yesterday. The "alt right/neo nazis/white nationalist" goons were readily identified by the media, beyond "counter protester" the goons brawling with them have not been identified.

While it is a good assumption to believe the car terrorist was some sort of righest beyond registered republican we are not being told anything about this guy's politics and background. Not even the usual interview with family, neighbors etc, very odd.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:35 pm

Yeah...sometimes it seems like the White House has a bunch of Stooges in it LOL

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It was an act of terrorism because the guy targeted his political "enemies."

I think what's still under review is whether this was premeditated murder or aggravated manslaughter. There seems to be some suggestion that he was under attack and that the protesters were hitting his car, along with others in the area, with baseball bats, rocks, etc. prior to him trying to ram his way through the crowd. Pax commented in his interview with Tara (posted above) that he and the other organizers made it a point to park several blocks away and to ride in by van because they knew it would be unsafe to have their vehicles nearby, also that the guy who did this was on his own and had neither their sympathy nor support in his actions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:43 pm

But why was he in his car near the protests? You would think he would try to find a parking space, and protest along with his buddies.

Unless he accidentally got into the throes of the protest somehow.

And why did the protestors attack the car in that way? Was there some sort of provocative action on the driver's part?