Why do people think the "Young Turks" are important?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

The young Turks were die hard Hillary and obama supporters. They don't uncover Hilary's corporate shillness

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 2:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
The young Turks were die hard Hillary and obama supporters. They don't uncover Hilary's corporate shillness

Not really. They support Sanders.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 3:06 pm

sly279 wrote:

Yes they did.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 3:08 pm

I like the "Jimmy Dore" show, YTs are OK.

They're entertaining because ...
-they bash Democrats
-they give you an uncommon perspective, of the plight of the working poor
-they're hopeless , yet they keep their chins up , always thinking that something is about to change.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

Useful Fact
VVV
HILLARY
CLINTON
IS
NOT
A
REAL
LIBERAL

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

marshall wrote:
sly279 wrote:

They seemed super supportive of her during the election. And they turned a blind eye to every bad thing Obama did, the young Turks are super progressives.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:13 am

I don't know anything about them but my (Nazi) dad said they really broke down when Hillary lost, and he was laughing at them.

I'm staying away from the alt-right and the alt-left, personally. When something becomes so extreme that it defeats the purpose of its own existence, it's time to look elsewhere.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:02 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
I don't know anything about them but my (Nazi) dad said they really broke down when Hillary lost, and he was laughing at them.

I'm staying away from the alt-right and the alt-left, personally. When something becomes so extreme that it defeats the purpose of its own existence, it's time to look elsewhere.

They had s tantrum and meltdown for sure. So did graciegreen lol. Though i dont know why I laugh althouh it's funny it's quite sad. Millions of liberals had meltdowns they then created the alt left, they refuse to accept the democratic process cause they lost.
The young Turks are alt left or super far left. I dont know if there is any middle ground news source sadly. Best to look at both sides and then figure out what is the truth between them. I was upset when McCain lost to obama and again with romeny but imdidnt have a meltdown, I'd didn't throw a tantrum, I didn't start a resesntance movement and say obama isn't my president , impeach obama . Really it just makes a fool of them
What a complete 180 from when she thought Hilary was going win, telling trump supporters what to do , to hillary lost.
http://m.imgur.com/oIw7vyK?r

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:52 am

sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:
sly279 wrote:

They seemed super supportive of her during the election. And they turned a blind eye to every bad thing Obama did, the young Turks are super progressives.

They criticized Obama plenty. It sounds like you get your information from right-wing Trump supporters who don't actually watch TYT.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 4:02 am

marshall wrote:
sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:
sly279 wrote:

They criticized Obama plenty. It sounds like you get your information from right-wing Trump supporters who don't actually watch TYT.

I get it from their own clips. Always praising obama and pushing gun control.i can't stand them. The lies he tells inbtween his cussing. I've never seen them criticize obama or Hilary.

Also Marshall I'd like to thank you for being more civilized and kind in our disagreements, I may be wrong but I can't remember too many times you call me names or slander me. I think we ageee on the poor people issues.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 6:19 am

sly279 wrote:
marshall wrote:

I get it from their own clips. Always praising obama and pushing gun control.i can't stand them. The lies he tells inbtween his cussing. I've never seen them criticize obama or Hilary.

I suppose I just haven't watched the the clips about gun control. It's not really an issue I care about. I understand if you have a hobby and don't want that to be effected by new laws.

Quote:
Also Marshall I'd like to thank you for being more civilized and kind in our disagreements, I may be wrong but I can't remember too many times you call me names or slander me. I think we ageee on the poor people issues.

I don't think you are a bad person. You don't take pride in being mean/nasty in order to prove you are strong/hardass like I see a lot of conservatives doing (mostly other places online though).

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

08 Sep 2017, 8:11 am

from Wikipedia

Quote:
The term "Young Turk" is now used to signify "a progressive, revolutionary, or rebellious member of an organization, political party, etc., especially one agitating for radical reform",[11] and various groups in different countries have been named Young Turks because of their rebellious or revolutionary nature.

I thought the name was clever, not so sure if the show will live up to it though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 11:15 am

Raptor wrote:
Yep, just cuss a lot and tell people BS they've already heard, truth or not, and you'll be Alex Jones or Mark Levin.

Fixed that for you.

Raptor wrote:
I call them The Young Turds

There's that wit the far-right is known for.

The only reasons TYT matters is because they have a large viewer base and they're willing to criticize issues both with establishment Democrats and within other parts of the left when they find them disagreeable. While I don't agree with their condemnation of antifa type groups (for example) I do believe they do a good job of making that argument and that it's an argument that needs to be made.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 11:16 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Yes they did.

You'll get tired disagreeing with every piece of nonsense posted.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

They have lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

A good example was when Cenk instead of getting someone who knew what they talking about decided to talk about the British Parliamentary system anyway, getting pretty much everything wrong. It wasn't even about politcal opinion, it was just total BS. Why do it? It is not as if he doesn't employ people who should know better.

Then they have the audacity to criticise other journalists when they are hacks themselves.

It is extremely weak on journalistic standards. I think they deserve the criticism they get. They are a commercial entity, pretending to be different from other media outlets when they are no better.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 4:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
They seemed super supportive of her during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irj8JvfRkIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izl0e4xvgGA

There's a whole bunch more related to that scandal, which TYT broke before any mainstream, right-wing or left-wing media mentioned it.

You might also watch to pay attention to Jimmy Dore, who's regularly as critical (or more) on the establishment/corporocratic Dems as he is on the right.

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

There is no "alt-left". It's a term created by the far-right in an attempt to create equivalency between the self-proclaimed alt-right (named after the white supremacist website Alternative Right) and their opponents. It's not objective to call things even when they're not.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う