Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2017, 12:09 am

Alex Jones is simply using the law of polarity... to get a reaction. Any attention is profitable. The media does the same thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 12:12 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Because Russia had nothing to do with Brexit?

As with the last American Presidential election, the Russians had manipulated popular British opinion with their professional trolls, emphasizing growing xenophobia.

:lol: I have the benefit of living here to know that is absolute tripe. You need to get back in touch with reality and try to accept that every political loss isn't because of Russia.

But is xenophobia in Britain tripe? Because where there's hate and fear of the "other," those who are controlled by such negative emotions are easily manipulated. I'm an American, so trust me, I know how hate and fear make people susceptible to control, as it happens here way too often.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
But is xenophobia in Britain tripe?

Absolutely not. Britain is very good at putting on a polite, fair & classy exterior for show, but try living here for a short while and you will see the real Britain start to show. There is a very good reason the Leave.eu campaign when down the path of race, immigration, Islam etc - because it knew what a high % of the population it resonated with.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:07 am

Eu immigration is white immigration so its not about race. The majority of people do believe we have too much immigration something like 70% according to YouGov. No one ever voted for mass immigration.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:55 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Eu immigration is white immigration so its not about race. The majority of people do believe we have too much immigration something like 70% according to YouGov. No one ever voted for mass immigration.

Successive UK governments had the power to change our EU immigration at any moment but chose not to. They are the ones to blame if anyone is.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 3:17 pm

Very true most immigration is from outside the EU, politicians ignore the people because they can.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

Daniel89 wrote:

Xenophobia doesn't have to be about race, just fear and hatred of the outsider.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm

Most people who are against mass immigration do not hate or fear immigrants they just don't want to compete with them for housing or jobs.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:08 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Most people who are against mass immigration do not hate or fear immigrants they just don't want to compete with them for housing or jobs.

I won't argue there are such people, but I will say that there are plenty who do fear and hate the outsider, and who use that pretext to deny immigration to the outsider.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:30 pm

Yeah there are those people but I doubt many Brits fear Polish and Spanish people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 9:54 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Yeah there are those people but I doubt many Brits fear Polish and Spanish people.

Maybe they were directing their fear toward dark colored Middle Easterners.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

That partly was it, people were worried that the EU would force us to take in Muslim refugees and I think there are very legitimate concerns with that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 10:44 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
That partly was it, people were worried that the EU would force us to take in Muslim refugees and I think there are very legitimate concerns with that.

What's the alternative? Turn away thousands of desperate people fleeing certain death for fear of a few terrorists?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 11:01 pm

A government must prioritise its own people, its not just about terrorism but the values that these people hold, Muslims believe a man who at 53 married and molested a 6 year old girl is morally perfect to most western people that is disgusting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 12:30 am

Daniel89 wrote:
A government must prioritise its own people, its not just about terrorism but the values that these people hold, Muslims believe a man who at 53 married and molested a 6 year old girl is morally perfect to most western people that is disgusting.

Expose them to western culture, and they'll eventually come around to our values.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 3:54 am

I genuinely believe that's what the government thought would happen sadly the opposite is true many 2nd generation British Muslims are in fact more conservative than their parents.