Fnord wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Davvo7 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Davvo7 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
You won't drag me any further into your debate. Good day.
As I thought. No response to my request for clarification about your casual and implied racism? No? I'll bid you a fond farewell and adieu then Fnord.
Where was the racism?
I asked for clarification of why the term British was written British when there is no grammatical or common sense reason to do so. Therefore the only reason I can assume is that is was meant as a slight to my nationality. Would he have put, "Oh he is Mexican or "Oh he is an Arab"? It is the written equivalent of those irritating "air quotes". So it was the implication there that troubled/troubles me. I would never use the term, "Oh he's an American!" in way that was clearly intended to dismiss a point or opinion as I think that using a nationality in that way is far more than semantics. I guess I'll never know as he/she has flounced off the thread when I asked for what that actually meant amongst other things. Thank you to the Moderators for changing the Thread title and thanks to Wilburforce for the suggestion.
A bit of a stretch to assume that was racism.
Not uncommon ... accusing someone of a greater crime than they may have allegedly committed seems to be a common police tactic in the Euro Zone. :roll:
I would take it as a compliment.
I see your point. Being accused of stealing the Crown Jewels when you've only jumped the turnstile might give you a few moments of glory ... right before the bobbies bludgeon you to death with their truncheons ... :wink:

I see you popped back in to carry on with your childish and xenophobic behaviour. That is sad.

It says everything I need to know about you that you are more concerned about trying to 'score points' through mockery than addressing the questions you have been asked. This is a thread about a young person in the type of distress that many of us face on a daily basis, reacting and then being shot dead for it; yet your contribution has been to minimise this, tell people to ignore it, then post dismissive 'jokey' (but seriously not funny) little comments with comedy winks attached about me and now, bizarrely, the entire Euro Zone. Unbelievably crass and uncouth in all honesty.

Try to learn some humanity and respect for the dead. I accept this suggestion could be difficult for you as I don't know whereabouts on the spectrum you fall, but try to do [b]something[/b] about enlightening and educating yourself about the appropriate response in this type of circumstance. I'm sure there are resources available near you; if not I can suggest a couple of excellent websites you could access. It may just serve you well in the future when this type of thing (inevitably) happens again.

If you do know what you are doing on this thread then in my opinion you should be truly ashamed of yourself, your behaviour does not befit somebody who is old enough to know better (if the age on your profile is the truth). This is a global resource and you are demonstrating exactly the type of behaviour that some people would despise the stereotype of your country for. The irony isn't lost on me that I, as a British person seems to be more distressed about the tragic and senseless death of a young american than you are.

For the record I have been to America on a number of occasions and enjoyed myself. As an officer I did a ride-along with a police patrol for an evening, fortunately the officer I was with was open to discussion and it was an enlightening experience. I also attended a police barbecue and met many different ranks and postings. Whilst that isn't much, it is more hands-on experience than most will ever get. There is a serious debate to had about societal and authority awareness, acceptance and inappropriate response to fellow autists in a meltdown. Kayden was failed by many people, agencies and authorities but the only way to bring any kind of meaning to his short life is to address those failings. We all stand to gain from that, all of us.

In respect to Kayden, his family, his friends and loved ones who may just read this site, I'm not going to respond to you or other such posts again; I suggest you simply do the same.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 8:27 am

Fnord wrote:
I see your point. Being accused of stealing the Crown Jewels when you've only jumped the turnstile might give you a few moments of glory ... right before the bobbies bludgeon you to death with their truncheons ... :wink:

It's called ethnocentrism. Look it up. And why are you refusing to address any of the arguments presented against you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 9:00 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The 12 year old was name Tamir Rice
Two police officers, 26-year-old Timothy Loehmann and 46-year-old Frank Garmback, responded after receiving a police dispatch call "of a male black sitting on a swing". The officers reported that upon their arrival, Rice reached towards a gun in his waistband. Loehmann fired two shots, hitting Rice once in the torso. Rice died the next day. No one told the cops that (1) the gun was probably a toy, and (2) the person was probably a juvenile. The police responded to a reported threat with only the knowledge they were given, and then responded to a perceived threat based only on what they saw - someone reaching for a gun in his waistband. Where were the parents? Why didn't they keep their kid at home and teach him to not point toy guns at police officers?
Only someone like you could blame the parents of a 12 year old boy for their son being murdered by two trigger happy cops. Victim blaming at it's finest. Your type of attitude is the reason we have this problem.
The "victim" pointed a gun at the cops. The parents had no concern for where their son was or what he was doing. The cop-haters blame only the cops.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 9:02 am

androbot01 wrote:
... why are you refusing to address any of the arguments presented against you?
I'm not on trial.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 9:06 am

Fnord wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I'm not on trial.

I think you just don't want to concede the point. It's not the end of the world to be wrong about something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

androbot01 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I'm not on trial.
I think you just don't want to concede the point. It's not the end of the world to be wrong about something.
I'm not wrong, and your "Appeal to Humility" is obvious. Stick to the facts like I do, instead. Example ...

Say all you want against those "Yankee Pigs" (a.k.a., those "Trigger-happy Cowboy Cops" :roll: )and people will praise you for it; but say anything against those "Limey Swine" (a.k.a., "HRM's Finest" :roll: ), and suddenly you're a racist, a bloody wanker, and an ethnocentrist.

This is called "Hypocrisy". Someone may want to look that up.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 10:18 am

Fnord wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I'm not on trial.
I'm not wrong, and your "Appeal to Humility" is obvious. Stick to the facts like I do, instead. Example ...

Say all you want against those "Yankee Pigs" (a.k.a., those "Trigger-happy Cowboy Cops" :roll: )and people will praise you for it; but say anything against those "Limey Swine" (a.k.a., "HRM's Finest" :roll: ), and suddenly you're a racist, a bloody wanker, and an ethnocentrist.

This is called "Hypocrisy". Someone may want to look that up.

I'm not sure what you're talking about now. You're conflating my posts with those of others I think. Your use of hyperbole and ad hominem attacks is clouding things.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 11:07 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Raptor wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
Then maybe the police should be renamed the Assisted Suicide Squad. Because that's about all they are good for.

Yeah, if you threaten or come after them with a weapon it's pretty much a given. What's your suggestion?

Quote:
That and killing 12 year old black boys playing with toy guns.

Got a link to this story?

Educate yourself man. Don't make me do it for you.

Shooting of Tamir Rice

1) I'm a conservative and we don't believe in education. I only have a 3R (reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic) education from the log schoolhouse on Tobacco Road here in Dogpatch. Anyone with more education than that is a g@y commie. I thought you knew that about me.

2) You could have put your progressive little heart on a shelf and stopped sobbing long enough to at least put a name or location down. I'm sure this wasn't the only 12 year old in history who's been capped by a cop.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 11:29 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The 12 year old was name Tamir Rice
Two police officers, 26-year-old Timothy Loehmann and 46-year-old Frank Garmback, responded after receiving a police dispatch call "of a male black sitting on a swing". The officers reported that upon their arrival, Rice reached towards a gun in his waistband. Loehmann fired two shots, hitting Rice once in the torso. Rice died the next day.

No one told the cops that (1) the gun was probably a toy, and (2) the person was probably a juvenile. The police responded to a reported threat with only the knowledge they were given, and then responded to a perceived threat based only on what they saw - someone reaching for a gun in his waistband.

Where were the parents? Why didn't they keep their kid at home and teach him to not point toy guns at police officers?

Only someone like you could blame the parents of a 12 year old boy for their son being murdered by two trigger happy cops. Victim blaming at it's finest. Your type of attitude is the reason we have this problem. :(

The kid had an Airsoft hangun (not a real one) that he was pointing at people. Just for the sake of argument let's say it was a Glock, probably the most common brand.

This is an airsoft Glock handgun:

This is a real Glock handgun:

Cut off that orange thingy on the muzzle of the Airsoft one and it looks like the real McCoy at a glance. There's no reason to believe that a 12 year old can't shoot someone with a handgun. I've seen them that age shoot very well with a handgun.

According to the article the kid had been pointing this airsoft hangun at people and the cops were called. When the cops approached the kid reached for the gun. I'm no lover of cops but I at least give them a pass to respond with deadly force in that situation, including 12 year olds.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 11:52 am

Thanks, Raptor.

So, whose fault was it that the kid was pointing a gun at people, including the police? The kid.

Whose fault was it that the kid had a realistic-looking toy gun in the first place? The kid and his parents (likely).

Whose fault was it that the kid was away from his parents and threatening everyone with what looked like a real gun? The kid and his parents.

Whose fault was it that the police were not informed that it was just a kid playing with a toy gun? The dispatchers.

Based on what the police knew at the time, it is clear that they perceived a real threat and acted in self-defense.

[speculation]

Had the parents kept a closer rein on their kid, he would likely have been at home. Had the kid not had a realistic-looking toy gun, he would not have been pointing it at anyone. Had the kid not pointed the gun at anyone, no one would have reported him for it. Had the dispatcher relayed all of the necessary information, the kid may have only ended up with a free ride home in the back of a patrol car.

[/speculation]

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 12:26 pm

This was very likely a suicide by cop. He even admitted he has tried it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyCIkW ... e=youtu.be

I think this was all due to gender issue. No medical professional would let him transition because of his autism. They said he had to fix it first before he could transition. No wonder he was suicidal.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 12:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Thanks, Raptor.

So, whose fault was it that the kid was pointing a gun at people, including the police? The kid.

Whose fault was it that the kid had a realistic-looking toy gun in the first place? The kid and his parents (likely).

Whose fault was it that the kid was away from his parents and threatening everyone with what looked like a real gun? The kid and his parents.

Whose fault was it that the police were not informed that it was just a kid playing with a toy gun? The dispatchers.

Based on what the police knew at the time, it is clear that they perceived a real threat and acted in self-defense.

[speculation]

Had the parents kept a closer rein on their kid, he would likely have been at home. Had the kid not had a realistic-looking toy gun, he would not have been pointing it at anyone. Had the kid not pointed the gun at anyone, no one would have reported him for it. Had the dispatcher relayed all of the necessary information, the kid may have only ended up with a free ride home in the back of a patrol car.

[/speculation]

I had always heard when I was a kid "Don't point a gun at people."

The reason for this is because kids can find a real gun and thinking it's a toy, they could play with it and if they know the rule about pointing it at people, deaths would be less likely.

Also some toy guns look like real guns and real guns look like toys so if you point it at someone, it could cause chaos.

I never blamed the cops for it and I felt very sad for the parents and for the child and for the officers. It must suck to think a kid had a real gun and they were going to shoot it so you shoot them only to find out it was a toy gun. That is why parents need to teach their children about playing with toy guns and no wonder some parents don't allow their kids to have any. We were allowed nerf guns and cap guns and my brothers didn't have BB guns until they were in their pre teens but they were old enough to know how to handle a fake gun.

Also parents should teach their kids to never touch a gun they see even if they think it's a toy.

I am not going to assume the parents never taught their kid gun safety because it's a possibility he could have been a dumb kid who didn't listen to his parents but I don't know that either. I didn't understand that stuff at 12 either despite what I was told because I didn't know there were toy guns that looked like real guns so the rule of never pointed a gun at people never made sense. I could never find the reason behind it for me to take that rule seriously. I was a young adult when I found the real reason I said in this post and gee why didn't they just tell me that before? :roll:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 2:33 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This was very likely a suicide by cop. He even admitted he has tried it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyCIkW ... e=youtu.be

I couldn't watch it as it made me too sad, so I'm going to take your word for it. If he was aware of the consequences of attacking the police, and as you've demonstrated, he was, then it was most likely suicide by cop.

Fnord, the above link is an example of evidence. Too bad you were busy doing other things and didn't have time to stumble on it yourself.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 2:43 pm

People who want to kill themselves should do it themselves, not involve others like the police.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

To me it's just sad. I think such a person must be very desperate to do that. Extremely lonely, unhappy, feeling as if there is no way out.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Feb 2016, 2:59 pm

same city

pretty sad story :(