Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 6:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But if you say everyone is guilty, then really, nothing will get corrected. It's only when you identify wrong doers that you can do something to enact change.

Which is why you blame the individuals for their actions if it's shown there's no problem with policy.

If there's a problem with policy that enables the bad behavior (being detained and physically assaulted without good reason and/or little in the way of punishment for the same), then you petition to change it.

You don't blame all cops, though. It's the same thing as the racist that blames an entire group because he or she was attacked by an individual of that group; this is a dangerous stance.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 7:02 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But if you say everyone is guilty, then really, nothing will get corrected. It's only when you identify wrong doers that you can do something to enact change.

Which is why you blame the individuals for their actions if it's shown there's no problem with policy.

If there's a problem with policy that enables the bad behavior (being detained and physically assaulted without good reason and/or little in the way of punishment for the same), then you petition to change it.

You don't blame all cops, though. It's the same thing as the racist that blames an entire group because he or she was attacked by an individual of that group; this is a dangerous stance.

No, not all cops should be blamed for bad behavior, but there are more than just a few cops who are behaving badly.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 12:39 am

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And who is it that does that? :chin: Oh, yeah, the police, with their racial profiling.

The police are a gang of government thugs. It's the type of people who are attracted to the job, bully thugs. Saying not all cops are bad, is like saying not all of the Nazis were bad, or not all of the KKK are bad. When any organization attracts bully thugs to their membership, the KKK, the police, whatever, it becomes reasonable to conclude that virtually all of the membership is bad.

People don't join a racial group. They do join a gang, like the police, and they join it to go out and bully people. Trying to make generalization of the police a civil rights issue, like they are a racial minority group is perverse logic. Joining the police department is a choice that people made, for a reason. They were not born into it. That's a very big difference.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 2:34 am

0regonGuy wrote:
to make generalization of the police a civil rights issue, like they are a racial minority group is perverse logic. Joining the police department is a choice that people made, for a reason. They were not born into it. That's a very big difference.

It doesn't matter if you join a group or not; we're all individuals and should be treated as such, whether you're born Anglo-Saxon or you join the girl scouts. If one bad Anglo-Saxon or girl scout does something bad, you can't blame those not involved in it from the same groups. KKK? If a member of the KKK lynches a black man, you can't blame other KKK members that aren't a part of it.

It's exactly the same as civil rights, as civil rights is about equal treatment for all. All included are groups you may not like. You'll note "religion" is under civil rights. That's a choice. Lots of Muslim terrorists around lately, right? I'm sure I should blame all Muslims for those.

The perverse logic is this: "police join because they're bully thugs!" That's a bold claim, and you'd need to provide actual evidence for such (peer reviewed sociology studies? No idea where that would be, but hey, it's not my claim :P). That claim looks like bias to me, but hey again, I might be wrong. All I've seen have been pretty cool in person, but that might be my white privilege or something.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 2:50 am

Dillogic wrote:
If one bad Anglo-Saxon or girl scout does something bad, you can't blame those not involved in it from the same groups.

Hey Dill, I don't plan to take a time machine and go back to King Harold's England?

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:09 am

Dillogic wrote:
The perverse logic is this: "police join because they're bully thugs!" That's a bold claim, and you'd need to provide actual evidence for such (peer reviewed sociology studies? No idea where that would be, but hey, it's not my claim :P). That claim looks like bias to me, but hey again, I might be wrong. All I've seen have been pretty cool in person, but that might be my white privilege or something.

How about studies that show that 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence. That number is four times greater then the general population. Which means that LEOs are four times more prone to unjust violence, then average citizens. Do you think that these vermin who beat up their wives and girlfriends are going to leave their violent tendencies at home? Of course not. They bring their violence to work with them, and take it out on any citizen they come in contact with. Just like these two bully thugs are doing in this video.

The police are the most violent members of our society. They take the job, because they want to beat, torture, and kill people without going to prison for it, and law enforcement offers them the best chance of that. They are nothing but bully thugs.

Police Family Violence Fact Sheet

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 3:05 pm

I grew up in a neighboorhood of police and firemen. A lot more of them fit the profile(irony intended) of racists and bullies then other groups of people but more then a few of them are the most unselfish people I know.

Joining the police is not the same as joining the KKK or the Nazis. Those main purpose of the last two organizations is racial and religious separatism. 95 percent of the people joining them are racists. The purpose of the police is maintain safety and order. Of course some people join the police to bully people or get an action high. People join also for idelistic and financial reasons. Some are idealistic when they join and because of the system or just the fact that as part of the job they see people at thier worst they turn into cold non caring people. But as I said a lot still are vary caring.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Hey Dill, I don't plan to take a time machine and go back to King Harold's England?

Anglo-Saxon = specific British/German descent

Pretty sure they still call people that today if they have said genealogy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 9:03 pm

Dillogic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Anglo-Saxon = specific British/German descent

Pretty sure they still call people that today if they have said genealogy.

In my books Anglo-Saxon hasn't been spoken since the Latin speaking William the Conqueror stuck a pike in Old King Harold's head.

The people of Britain after 1066 are English, Irish, Scottish or collectively British. The Anglo-Saxon alliance of northern German tribes founded by Hengist and Horsa have long since disappeared except in memory.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I grew up in a neighboorhood of police and firemen. A lot more of them fit the profile(irony intended) of racists and bullies then other groups of people but more then a few of them are the most unselfish people I know.

Joining the police is not the same as joining the KKK or the Nazis. Those main purpose of the last two organizations is racial and religious separatism. 95 percent of the people joining them are racists. The purpose of the police is maintain safety and order. Of course some people join the police to bully people or get an action high. People join also for idelistic and financial reasons. Some are idealistic when they join and because of the system or just the fact that as part of the job they see people at thier worst they turn into cold non caring people. But as I said a lot still are vary caring.

You said it yourself, more of them fit the profile of racists and bullies. Thats because a 100 years ago bully white thugs joined the KKK so they could lynch black people. Today they joint the police department so they can do the exact same thing.

I disagree that the purpose of the police is to maintain safety and order. The real purpose of the police is to act as government thugs to suppress people's constitutional rights, and to collect revenue for the government. Most cops in the US spend their entire day robbing people on the side of the road for stupid s**t like driving 10 mph over the speed limit or having a burned out tail light. That and fighting the Republican's "war on drugs" which also is nothing but a excuse to rob people of their money and property. Cops are robbing American citizens of hundreds of billion of dollars a year.

The police are criminal thugs for the government, that is all.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 11:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The people of Britain after 1066 are English, Irish, Scottish or collectively British. The Anglo-Saxon alliance of northern German tribes founded by Hengist and Horsa have long since disappeared except in memory.

Yes, you can exchange British for Anglo-Saxon here. I don't use British itself as an ethnic group simply because it can include the various Celtic peoples, which often like to be separated.

Moving back:

The increase in domestic violence among police, could technically have several reasons; benevolent (higher self-reporting) to malevolent (higher percentage of psychopaths, for example). Assuming that's it's entirely malevolent simply due to positions of power being appealing to say psychopaths and other controlling/violent people, it's still wrong to blame the collective, as the majority probably aren't violent controlling people.

Perhaps we should apply personality tests to all positions of power (mental health ones that is), so that it filters out the psychopaths [and similar]. The sad thing is: those types of people are good at faking normality, so I don't know if it'd have an appreciable effect. It probably should be done, though. They after all deny people with autism many positions of power, so it's not actually being unfair to the psychopaths and similar.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 4:08 am

0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

You said it yourself, more of them fit the profile of racists and bullies. Thats because a 100 years ago bully white thugs joined the KKK so they could lynch black people. Today they joint the police department so they can do the exact same thing.

I disagree that the purpose of the police is to maintain safety and order. The real purpose of the police is to act as government thugs to suppress people's constitutional rights, and to collect revenue for the government. Most cops in the US spend their entire day robbing people on the side of the road for stupid s**t like driving 10 mph over the speed limit or having a burned out tail light. That and fighting the Republican's "war on drugs" which also is nothing but a excuse to rob people of their money and property. Cops are robbing American citizens of hundreds of billion of dollars a year.

"Stupid s**t" like making sure taillights are working and ticketing people for going over the speed limit saves people from getting injured and dying as well enhancing government revenues. Maintining safety and order saves people from dying and getting injured and personal financial ruin and also prevents business from moving thus enhancing goverment revenues. Multiple purposes like many things in life. The police who commit crimes are criminals, the others are not.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 6:20 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

"Stupid s**t" like making sure taillights are working and ticketing people for going over the speed limit saves people from getting injured and dying as well enhancing government revenues. Maintining safety and order saves people from dying and getting injured and personal financial ruin and also prevents business from moving thus enhancing goverment revenues. Multiple purposes like many things in life. The police who commit crimes are criminals, the others are not.

They are all criminals. They are all out there robbing people, and that is BS. Nobody has ever been injured or killed because one tail light was out. More traffic accidents are caused by cops stopped on the side of the road while robbing people, then are caused by what they are writing the tickets for. Like the one below. But that doesn't matter because, because safety has nothing to do with it. It's all about robbing people to raise over ten billion dollars a year of revenue for the government. If it was about safety like you claim, there would be no fines for traffic offenses. Everybody who would get a ticket would instead be required to go to traffic school, to make them better drivers. But that will never happen because safety has zero to do with it. It's 100% about legal highway robbery to raise revenue for the government. And the victims are the poor and minorities, because those are the victims who the bully thug cops pick out to rob. Other cops, and the politicians get professional courtesy, and don't have to worry about being robbed on the side of the road.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 11:37 am

0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

They are all criminals. They are all out there robbing people, and that is BS. Nobody has ever been injured or killed because one tail light was out. More traffic accidents are caused by cops stopped on the side of the road while robbing people, then are caused by what they are writing the tickets for. Like the one below. But that doesn't matter because, because safety has nothing to do with it. It's all about robbing people to raise over ten billion dollars a year of revenue for the government. If it was about safety like you claim, there would be no fines for traffic offenses. Everybody who would get a ticket would instead be required to go to traffic school, to make them better drivers. But that will never happen because safety has zero to do with it. It's 100% about legal highway robbery to raise revenue for the government. And the victims are the poor and minorities, because those are the victims who the bully thug cops pick out to rob. Other cops, and the politicians get professional courtesy, and don't have to worry about being robbed on the side of the road.

Just watched the video - - OUCH!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 11:49 am

0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Money and the threat of losing your drivers licence is much more of a deterrent then some mandated traffic school. Insurence companies and states and localities do mandate driving refresher courses every few years. Taillight out, a poorly lit road, a driver drunk, tired or texting etc together cause accidents and the the subsequent deaths and injuries. If the tailgate light was on and a few of these would be prevented.

As of 2008 there were 17,985 state and local law enforcement agencies employing 765,000 sworn personel in the United States. They are a part of various govenments. Be it the politicians who oversee them, the chiefs, and various levels of management who run them, to the cop on the beat they are people with differing attitudes, beliefs, and personalities.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Aug 2016, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The cop accused her of being a prostitute.

... which only shows how outlawing prostitution is an excellent form of institutionalized bullying. Had it been legal, the cop would have needed a better excuse to manhandle her than sticking his nose into what she does or does not do with her own body. He'd also be less encouraged to feel entitled to grope or rape her; in fact, he might even fear being charged with harassment, like most mere mortal men do these days.

I would somewhat agree with you here, and would take it a step further and say it should be legal and regulated.

Then no more 'well she looked like she could be a prostitute' as an excuse for cops manhandling women at the bus-stop.