Trump's 1st Trip Abroad as President

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:07 pm

Israel is quietly on the side of the Sunni Muslims in their fight against Shia Muslims because the perceive the Sunnis as the lesser of two evils. ISIS is Sunni, Iran is considered by Israel as the biggest threat to what they want is governed by the Shia. The Trump foreign trip is designed to start forming a closer Sunni alliance against the Shia.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:58 pm

Washington Times: Trump Meets With Abbas, but Progress on Peace Remains Elusive

Quote:
A day after meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, Mr. Trump visited the occupied West Bank and sat down with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority. Mr. Trump and Mr. Abbas emerged from the meeting with hopeful but vague words, and no details of what might come next.

“I am truly hopeful that America can help Israel and the Palestinians forge peace and bring new hope to the region and its people,” Mr. Trump said as Mr. Abbas stood next to him. “I also firmly believe that if Israel and the Palestinians can make peace, it will begin a process of peace all throughout the Middle East, and that would be an amazing accomplishment.”

Mr. Trump offered no vision of what such a deal might look like or the process he intended to take to reach one. At one point, there was talk of trying to bring Mr. Netanyahu and Mr. Abbas together during this visit. But Mr. Trump will leave the region later on Tuesday without such a meeting, without any public concessions or movement by either side, nor even a road map for how negotiations might proceed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 6:32 pm

I just hope he doesn't get shot.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:02 am

Going viral: Melenia swats Donald's hand away on the Tel Aviv tarmac.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:34 am

androbot01 wrote:

One interpretation of that is that it was more of low five type of hand swat. Which I have seen done (but it's been two guys playing sports). A few comments said, "you can take Melania out of Slovenia, but you can't take the Slovenia out of Melania", meaning it was a cultural thing I guess. "What's the big deal about this? Maybe she thought it wouldn't be a good idea to hold hands when approaching foreign dignitaries. Such rabid obsession". "Putin gave a directive. It's his fault."

Last edited by EzraS on 24 May 2017, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:45 am

androbot01 wrote:

I think that's a window into the state of their marriage, and why she won't live in the White House.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I think that's a window into the state of their marriage, and why she won't live in the White House.

Oh lets hope so. That would be so delicious. I'm hoping they get divorced muhaha.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 5:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Oh lets hope so. That would be so delicious. I'm hoping they get divorced muhaha.

Hey, I've been married for almost sixteen years, and my wife and I still hold hands. On top of that, neither of us could stand to live apart from one another, as the Trumps are. I like to think I speak from experience.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Israel is quietly on the side of the Sunni Muslims in their fight against Shia Muslims because the perceive the Sunnis as the lesser of two evils. ISIS is Sunni, Iran is considered by Israel as the biggest threat to what they want is governed by the Shia. The Trump foreign trip is designed to start forming a closer Sunni alliance against the Shia.

An enemy of my enemy is my friend? again

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Hey, I've been married for almost sixteen years, and my wife and I still hold hands. On top of that, neither of us could stand to live apart from one another, as the Trumps are. I like to think I speak from experience.

I'm just saying how awesome it would be if Trump and his family are wallowing in as much misery as possible. I hope they have a horrible marriage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I'm just saying how awesome it would be if Trump and his family are wallowing in as much misery as possible. I hope they have a horrible marriage.

It's not that I hope they have a miserable marriage, I just think they probably do.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 4:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

It's not that I hope they have a miserable marriage, I just think they probably do.

I was doing a parody of people in general.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 10:18 am

Toronto Star: Trump meets European leaders as U.K. cuts off intel sharing over leaks. Manchester police have decided not to share further information with U.S. officials, a sharp rebuke that comes as Trump arrives in Brussels for meetings with European leaders.

I guess Theresa May had some sharp words about the leaking of information while the Manchester investigation was still going on.

Meanwhile, at the NATO meeting, Trump reiterated the need for members to pay up.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I was doing a parody of people in general.

I know; I was just making a point.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:04 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Toronto Star: Trump meets European leaders as U.K. cuts off intel sharing over leaks. Manchester police have decided not to share further information with U.S. officials, a sharp rebuke that comes as Trump arrives in Brussels for meetings with European leaders.

I guess Theresa May had some sharp words about the leaking of information while the Manchester investigation was still going on.

Meanwhile, at the NATO meeting, Trump reiterated the need for members to pay up.

Maybe if these other countries decide to start shutting out the US, they'll have to start doing the dirty work the US has always been expected to take care of for them.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 May 2017, 8:27 pm

kind of proves my point that the US 'intelligence community' is a joke, a bunch of glory seeking partisan ideological hacks. It would be better to purge the whole agency and start anew, corruption is deeply entrenched at all levels of government elected or bureaucratic.