Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 7:59 pm

Y'all sure love some strongmen.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm

Jacoby wrote:
How else is he suppose to get them to do what he wants? People complain that Trump isn't presidential enough

The irony is I agree that Trump never a had a choice but to kiss Saudi robes. Geopolitics again....
Jacoby wrote:
but apparently Trump isn't a man of his word because he didn't punch out King Salman.

LOL! Trump supporters probably expecting him to kick "mussie backside"...his alt-right buddies would probably think he is quite spineless

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Right this minute on CNN, they are talking about evidence for the Russians planting fake stories to connect Qatar to terrorists, in order to create this new Middle East crisis. If the Devil lives on earth, his name is Vladimir Putin.

Oh for God's sake...

Anyone who not only watches CNN, but also believes what they say without question, just can't be taken seriously.

Maybe you were just being sarcastic. Yes, I'll believe that.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2017, 9:48 pm

Lintar wrote:
Oh for God's sake...

Anyone who not only watches CNN, but also believes what they say without question, just can't be taken seriously.

Maybe you were just being sarcastic. Yes, I'll believe that.

And, I wouldn't take too seriously anyone's opinion concerning Qatar on this message board. Some are overly predictable.

But, I would take the BBC seriously.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40297809

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2017, 9:23 pm

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:05 pm

Demands include closing Al Jazeera
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN19E0BB

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2017, 12:47 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Demands include closing Al Jazeera
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN19E0BB

Al Jazeera is MUCH better than RT.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:33 pm

I consider AJ very reliable, except as regards Qatar of course. The US should promote press freedom, not continue the Obama policy of selectively treating reporters as enemy agents.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 10:20 pm

StinkyDog wrote:

I just can't laugh, though. I notice they only get F-15s. I trust the Saudis get F-16s? It makes the US position as international arms merchant very clear. They may have some difficulty in practicing with those, given the limited airspace at their disposal.

If I take anything away from this, I would guess that no one with power in the WH knew both about this deal and about the tone of the visit to the Kingdom of Saud.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:37 am

Quite evidently Trump isn't particularly concerned about integrity who how he is perceived when he lauds Saudi Arabia for boycotting the "evil" state of Qatar and then allows 12 Billion dollars of US weapons to pass into Qatar's hands??

I guess he'll blame Obama (conveniently again) if Qatar use the aforementioned US weapons in a terrorist act

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 12:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Quite evidently Trump isn't particularly concerned about integrity who how he is perceived when he lauds Saudi Arabia for boycotting the "evil" state of Qatar.
I guess he'll blame Obama (conveniently again) if Qatar use the aforementioned US weapons in a terrorist act

I think this is very worrying, but again, that is probably why the U.K forced Quatar to drop their coal shares in investment for fuel in the Hinkley Point Project, as the money being invested would seem forged from the hands of terrorists into our local economy and media, it's got to be morals above all else, and who's to say without May, there wouldn't be an oil trade off for armed munitions with Trump and the Saudis if that is indeed what deal Trump, had in mind. A very dangerous plot with the Saudis to enter into armed munitions agreements with indeed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 6:51 pm

Empathy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Quite evidently Trump isn't particularly concerned about integrity who how he is perceived when he lauds Saudi Arabia for boycotting the "evil" state of Qatar.

I think this is very worrying, but again, that is probably why the U.K forced Quatar to drop their coal shares in investment for fuel in the Hinkley Point Project, as the money being invested would seem forged from the hands of terrorists into our local economy and media, it's got to be morals above all else, and who's to say without May, there wouldn't be an oil trade off for armed munitions with Trump and the Saudis if that is indeed what deal Trump, had in mind. A very dangerous plot with the Saudis to enter into armed munitions agreements with indeed.

The level of engagement with Saudi Arabia is particularly unhealthy, it reminds me that the US was also very cosy with South Africa's apartheid regime and with Neo-Nazi regimes in South America due to geopolitical (anti-communism) reasons and in the case of South Africa trade in minerals and weapons. Therefore the whole "war on terror" business was always just propaganda when many OPEC countries support terror.

I guess you can look at in the context of managing multiple global interests despite conflated conflicts of interests.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:00 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The Arab states are all using little Qatar as a Shiite whipping boy - to beat up on Iran in effigy- because the bunch are all too weak and wimpy to mess with Iran itself.

This may, or may not, be some indirect outcome of the Trump trip.

The Middle East has been sliding toward a region wide all out war between the Sunni allies of the Saudies, and the Shiite allies of Iran (with Israel in an under the table alliance with the Saudi axis). Obama tried to be somewhat even handed between Iran and the Saudies, but Trump just went whole hog into backing the Saudi side publicly and exclusively. Though its none of America's business to favor one branch of Islam over the other beefing up the Saudi side might actually buy some time of stability and stave off the coming all out war between the two alliances. But its the Saudies, and not Iran, who bankroll the terrorist who attack the US and attack Western Europe. So we would be protecting Israel and at the same time sponsoring ISIS terrorism against ourselves.

If we did the opposite: favor Iran, it would favor Hamas and threaten Israel, but we would be backing the worst mortal enemy of ISIS and Al Queda.

So take your pick.

BTW: April Second was "World Autism Awareness Day".

Guess what country persuaded the UN, and the World, to create "Autism Awareness Day"?

Take a WILD guess.

That country was Qatar (of all places). It was the Sheik's wife's idea and he proposed it to the UN in '09.

So I don't like em beating up on little Qatar for that reason!

Qatar is 99.5% predominantly Sunni, not Shiite; but Qatar's rulers are very close to Muslim Brotherhood.

Muslim Brotherhood are enemies of Wahabbists (Saudi Arabia), but they're VERY close allies of Iran.

That's why Qatar, Egypt's Muslim brotherhood and Hamas were always allies of Iran - Iran isn't really innocent from the Sunni Fundamentalist Terrorism. Each of KSA and Iran have their own dirty hands in this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:12 am

Jacoby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That, and Trump made no mention of Saudi sponsorship of terror during his visit to their country, as he was more concerned with schmoozing it up with them.

In the lead up to the US election Trump referred to the Saudi's as "evil sponsors of terror" and made a "big" point ridiculing Obama for bowing to a Saudi prince

Fast forward to the present and he's not only schmoozing but bowing and scraping to the same people?? really not a man of his word is he...

How else is he suppose to get them to do what he wants? People complain that Trump isn't presidential enough but apparently Trump isn't a man of his word because he didn't punch out King Salman. The Saudis warmly welcomed our new president and seem quite elated the arrogant neophyte Muslim Brotherhood supporter Obama is no longer in power, I see these moves against Qatar as a fulfillment of their new commitment to cracking down on the financiers of terrorism. Hard to believe this wasn't discussed during Trump's trip.

So the big question is; which side is the worse source of terrorism: MB or Wahabism?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 8:27 am

Mercedes Benz supports terrorism?

Since when?