Deadly violence at white nationalist demonstration

Page 2 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

James Alex Fields, Jr. identified as suspect.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/james-alex-fields-jr-charlottesville-suspect-arrested-driver-crashed-rally-republican-age-bio-video/

Quote:
15 injured at the rally 19 in the crash. Later that evening, UVA Health System shared that five patients were in critical condition, four in serious condition, six in fair condition, and four more in good condition.

James Alex Fields, Jr. was booked and charged with one count of second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit-and-run, Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Washington Post. Fields is 20-years-old. Police have not yet officially announced if they believe he was the one driving the car that hit the protesters in Charlottesville.
The car that rammed into the crowd in Charlottesville was registered to a man with the same name, according to the Post.

Fields last lived in Maumee, Ohio, about 15 miles southwest of Toledo, the Post reported.

The Daily Beast reported that Fields was a registered Republican in 2016, according to public records. His plates were expired and he had been cited for expired plates in May 2017.

Some officials and politicians are urging that the case be investigated as an act of domestic terrorism. Sen. Ted Cruz tweeted this evening that the Department of Justice should “immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism.”

Protests have erupted a number of places around the country

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
I believe in people's right to free speech, free expression, and free assembly ...
regardless of whether or not I agree with the politics or the message ...
as long as it remains peaceful.

What if your group's manifesto is to harass minorities till they leave the county lines or (even better) leave the country?
I have a simple solution, islamic fanatics calling for jihad and right wing supporters calling action against minorities be collectively tagged with ankle bracelets much the same as they do with pedophiles.

I think its highly naive to think advocates of violence against non-whites, gays, communists or muslims should be allowed to roam the streets without monitoring??

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 10:25 pm

Hmmm ...

Maybe he's not a bad guy after all.
Still ... I prefer a soldier who doesn't get caught. :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 10:30 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

Well at least he has that correct, unlike Trump...I mean I'd rather have him for president than Trump. At least he has some sense...

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:03 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

My step father who is military and my mother would still hate him. They consider him to be a traitor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 12:51 am

Marknis wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

My step father who is military and my mother would still hate him. They consider him to be a traitor.

What did McCain do to deserve that type of harsh judgement?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
I believe in people's right to free speech, free expression, and free assembly ...

What if ...

It isn't.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:09 am

the_phoenix wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

What if ...

It isn't.

the group

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 1:25 am

"Presented for your consideration, in light of recent attacks upon due process and the rule of law, a scene from the 1966 film A Man for All Seasons, about the famed English lawyer Sir Thomas More.

"William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

"Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

"William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

"Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!"

~~ A Man for All Seasons, 1966

https://fee.org/articles/id-give-the-devil-benefit-of-law-for-my-own-safetys-sake/

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Marknis wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

Are you actually going to comprehend what I say instead of pulling a bunch of stupid s**t out of thin air?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:49 am

Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Marknis wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

Are you actually going to comprehend what I say instead of pulling a bunch of stupid s**t out of thin air?

Since you haven't actually "said" anything how can anyone "comprehend" what you "said"? :lol:

Okay...

So...somehow McCain is a "traitor".

So walk us all through it. How is he a "traitor"?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:10 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Marknis wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hmmm ...

Since you haven't actually "said" anything how can anyone "comprehend" what you "said"? :lol:

Okay...

So...somehow McCain is a "traitor".

So walk us all through it. How is he a "traitor"?

You took my first post out of context. I don't think he's a "traitor", it's my mother and stepfather who think he is. They think he turned against the Republican party for not supporting Trump.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:10 am

With Charlottesville being somewhat progressive this comes as a surprise.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:24 am

Raptor wrote:
With Charlottesville being somewhat progressive this comes as a surprise.

There has been an issue with the city ordering the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. Richard Spencer is a graduate of the University of Virgina whose campus is in Charlottesville. The "progressiveness" of the city probably had something to with the violent reaction to the Confederate/white supremacist/nationalist/alt right protest.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:26 am

Woman Killed in Charlottesville Was ‘Murdered While Protesting Hate’

Quote:
The young woman killed when James Alex Fields, Jr. drove a Dodge Challenger into a group of anti-racist protesters yesterday in Charlottesville, has been identified as 32-year-old Heather Heyer, of Virginia.

The crash left Heyer lying on the pavement alongside another victim, the Daily News reports. It’s not clear if she died at the scene or not.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 10:37 am

I wish I could say I was shocked by this, but it's the USA in a nutshell. With the accent on "nut" i.e. crazy person.