At least 17 dead in Florida School Shooting

Page 9 of 18 [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 10:34 pm

http://k12academics.com/school-shooting ... ojzCUxFyhw
above link shows there was plenty of school gun violence before 1950.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:36 pm

I am gobsmacked by the insincerity of your statement. You bald face lie about the history of mass school shootings.
The total number of school-children killed by bullets to date (as of 1 February 2018) is 219 school-children.
18th century
During the 18th century, 1 individual was killed.
19th century
totals
killed: 24, injured: 30 +
School-children killed: 14 (2 unintentionally)

You did not answer my question whether you support keeping children defenseless in "gun free" zones.

Last edited by Mudboy on 17 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:38 pm

you are impossible.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
You know what's missing? Those heartless, brainless idiots who scream that the shooting was a false flag operation, in which the the victims and shooter had never existed, and that the grieving families are just paid actors. I wonder if that's because their orange messiah has already confirmed that it did in fact happen.

those are the exact same type who deny the Shoah. that is who we are dealing with now.

Absolutely they are.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:14 am

Here is what one survivor has to say. This is Emma Gonzalez, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, witness to and survivor of Wednesday's shooting.

https://youtu.be/ZxD3o-9H1lY

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:25 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Here is what one survivor has to say. This is Emma Gonzalez, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, witness to and survivor of Wednesday's shooting.

A very well spoken young lady.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:31 am

And this is "Hero's Welcome", an editorial cartoon by Pia Guerra. Aaron Feis was the school football coach, and a shooting victim.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Typical Bible Belt response: "Stewpid dykey headed lesbo!" :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:44 am

Marknis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Typical Bible Belt response: "Stewpid dykey headed lesbo!" :roll:

they would say "Stewpid DAMNED dykey headed lesbo!" as all those psalm-singin' hypocrites believe that all LGBT will burn in hell forever.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

Thank God she's not in the Bible Belt. (And we need to get you out of there, Marknis, or at least figure out how to get you to Austin.)

Her father's pride in her - and gratitude for her survival and her fierce intelligence - made me cry as much as her own courage did.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:53 am

joseph n. welch needs to rise from the grave, take a shower, shave, haircut, and say to the shameless Dotard and his NRA boosters, "at long last, have you no sense of decency?"

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:02 am

while it took some effort to get through the video, i am very optimistic when i see that young people have not been consumed by apathy. while i hope it doesn't happen, i fully expect the wizened, corrupt old fatcats in charge to disregard her, and people like us because of our age. we may as well not exist in the eyes of some, but i have seen this tide begin to turn even within my short lifetime.

millenials and generation z will save us all.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:03 am

:roll: oh doodz, fer cryin out loud.

By all means, let us make the perfect the enemy of the good, form our usual lefty circular firing squad, and defeat ourselves before we even begin.

Sorry guys; to coin a phrase, in this particular fight, I'm With Her. I don't give a filing pluck why she has a buzz cut (political statement is one option. Given Wednesday, there's also possible scalp laceration and Shave-for-Stitches. Given contemporary society, there's also A-Friend's-Chemo-Solidarity). It's the superb intelligence under the fuzz that I care about, and the fierce heart, and the fact that she's still alive today to use them.

I'd be proud as hell if that young woman was my grandchild. With or without hair, or a same-sex sweetheart. She was one of several who spoke out, many of whom were more conventional looking, all of whom conveyed similar messages.

I hope you guys at least listened to what she had to say.

Sheesh.

(Edit in: yes, I still love all of you. I'm just mildly exasperated. These people are about to make history, and all we can do is criticize their hairstyle? Umm... isn't that a tad ironic, O We Children Of The Sixties?)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:07 am

i listened. i don't think many people care about her hairstyle.

in the past i was infatuated with girls who had buzzcuts, but that's beside the point. we need more people like her.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:09 am

I didn't notice her hairstyle at all. I noticed her poise. her poise pisses off the right. I admire it even more in light of that.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:12 am

hopefully the message transcends left/right divisions.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.