Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:36 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-22/snap-royalty-kylie-jenner-erased-a-billion-dollars-in-one-tweet

Short Version: Some useless celebrity tweeted "sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore?" Despite the fact that she didn't even begin her sentence with an uppercase letter, Snapchat has lost $1.3 billion dollars.

Man, I hate celebrities. Why are so many people so impressionable?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:20 am

so like that's sooo out of it evbody instas these days :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:23 pm

If Kylie had her life savings invested in shares of stock in SnapChat then it WOULD be "stupid".

Otherwise its just a curious sign of the times.

Have never even gotten around to using twitter, SnapChat, nor Instagram myself. I barely even understand what any of them are.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:28 pm

well they kinda ruined snap with the latest update so i can see where she's coming from.

somewhat.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

People are eating Tide Pods, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:47 pm

I sometimes wonder if we're in an over competitive environment both socially and economically. I guess the recent Bitcoin roller coaster comes to mind when people run to something following hype and run away at signs of trouble causing the thing to have a massive value collapse.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:00 pm

^^^^
That IS something to wonder about in this internet age. How news travels so fast, and how crowd mentality is able to grip the planet like never before.

The biggest battle of the War of 1812 was fought AFTER the war was officially over. News traveled SO slowly back then that neither the British attackers, nor the American defenders, of the city got the news that both sides had already officially agreed to an armistice.

In the 1830's an American farmer turned lay preacher studied the Bible, and derived some creative math from the scriptures and concluded that the world was going to end in 1846. So he went around preaching. And on newyears eve of the year 1846 all of New England was dressed up white robes and sitting outdoors in their village squares waiting to be taken up in the Rapture.

The preacher got all of New England caught up in his own personal hysteria without the help of any electronic media.

And then in 1938 Orson Welles DID use the then new tech of radio to dramatize the World of the Worlds and got , not just a region, but the whole USA whipped up into hysteria.

And today with the new Net based medias?

Well...we are all dancing "Gangum Style", eating Tide Pods, and seriously wondering if the world really is round, and are all convinced that Baron Trump is a time traveling autistic kid! :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:04 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
People are eating Tide Pods, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Fun Fact: We could potentially end global warming and save the environment by replacing beef with fried crickets. Most insects are high in protein and low in fat ... and insects cannot feel pain since they have no central nervous system.

Despite this, people don't want to eat bugs because "That's gross! I'd rather eat a laundry pod!"

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:18 pm

Today my mother said there's some KFC chicken shortage in the UK or somewhere (while we were eating at KFC by mere coincidence), and that people are actually calling 911 because they can't get any chicken.

Seriously? That's almost as bad as that "lady" who called 911 because she didn't get her Chicken McNuggets and people rioting over their lack of Schezwan sauce. I guess it's true, fast food IS unhealthy. Because hearing these stories of idiocy is just sickening.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:33 pm

^ that reminds me of a bit of apocrypha i read about a huge power outage that apparently happened in LA in the 90s. nobody's lights were working, for miles around and people were calling 911 because they thought there were alien spaceships out to abduct them. and take over the world (or something).

in fact, they had lived with urban light pollution for so long, they had no idea what the real night sky looked like. they were seeing stars and the milky way.

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Despite this, people don't want to eat bugs because "That's gross! I'd rather eat a laundry pod!"

yeah. bugs and other insects are really not much different than other arthropoda like crabs and lobsters which we have no qualms with eating. bugs have always been associated with disease and filth which is where most of the stigma comes from i think. then again, crustaceans literally eat s**t off the ocean floor so they're no different, but we don't SEE that.

when we eat them, we take care to pick apart the meat and seperate it from the hard exoskeleton, but since insects are so damn small we don't bother to do the same with them and so they don't taste remotely as good.

i think if lobsters and crabs lived on land, nobody would think about serving them with butter.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Today my mother said there's some KFC chicken shortage in the UK or somewhere (while we were eating at KFC by mere coincidence), and that people are actually calling 911 because they can't get any chicken.

Seriously? That's almost as bad as that "lady" who called 911 because she didn't get her Chicken McNuggets and people rioting over their lack of Schezwan sauce. I guess it's true, fast food IS unhealthy. Because hearing these stories of idiocy is just sickening.

Kentucky Fried Crickets is the solution.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm

eck.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:53 pm

ms. jenner strikes me as one of those classic insouciant types who set avalanches in motion then walk away nonchalantly, whistling a happy tune.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:59 pm

^i find those types irresistible. :skull:

still wouldn't touch any jenner with a 10 foot pole though.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:01 pm

how 'bout a shorter pole? ;)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:17 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-22/snap-royalty-kylie-jenner-erased-a-billion-dollars-in-one-tweet

Short Version: Some useless celebrity tweeted "sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore?" Despite the fact that she didn't even begin her sentence with an uppercase letter, Snapchat has lost $1.3 billion dollars.

Man, I hate celebrities. Why are so many people so impressionable?

There you have it. People who are famous for nothing making billions of dollars that never existed disappear.