For those in the US fed up with the same old political s**t

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

Well, after getting some inspiriation from the whole sopa protest stuff and how the country was originally was supposed to be run 'For the People By the People", I came up with a plan to get a point across. Most people don't know that you can fill in any random name you choose on the actual ballots (at least in pennsylvania. Ive seen the option on local/state/national level elections.) Should really try getting an internet movement together and tell everyone to put their own name in to get a damn message across to the idiots in office. So what if your too young to "campaign." If you see the option on your ballot machine, use it. Tell everyone you know to enter their own name. In fact spread awareness of it online if you have to.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

Might make a good news story, but what exactly would it really accomplish?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

I have been planning to write in Bozo the Clown. At least it would be more entertaining, at least for those who don't have clown phobia.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Might make a good news story, but what exactly would it really accomplish?

Nothing. Write-in candidates are not usually noted unless one will accumulate at least as many votes as any registered candidate. So a million ballots, each with a different write-in, won't amount to anything significant.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

At my highschool during the obama election supposedly 5% of people voted chuck norris

RobotGreenAlien2
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

Here in Ireland when there was a vote for the (simplifying for brevity) the good friday agreement that meant peace in norther Ireland. Some people marked the ballet in blood to show how serius they were. Of course those ballets were spoiled but it was deffinatly noticed.

BT

RobotGreenAlien2
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

Here in Ireland when there was a vote for the (simplifying for brevity) the good friday agreement that meant peace in norther Ireland. Some people marked the ballet in blood to show how serius they were. Of course those ballets were spoiled but it was deffinatly noticed.

BTW The peace is still holding

RobotGreenAlien2
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2012, 7:33 pm

BTW The peace is still holding

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

02 Feb 2012, 9:27 pm

I think we should get a campaign started online....spread it on facebook, twitter, and you-tube to write in Oprah. She would be perfect and has great business know how.

Jojo