Woman throws autistic 6 year old son off bridge

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 2:54 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jil ... ge-n240606

Here we go again. :evil: :evil: Her husband had MS, and her son was severely autistic and nonverbal. Mom had talked about "pulling a Thelma and Louise" (after a 1990s movie where two women go on a rampage across the desert, then drive off a cliff at the end with cops in pursuit), and she had showed signs of mental illness. That doesn't excuse murder, but she apparently lacked the fortitude to deal with her life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 3:35 pm

her whole situation was a slow-motion train wreck that ended with her son prematurely dead and her incarcerated for life. beyond sad.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

Will someone please kill her...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:06 pm

she is probably wishing somebody would do that for her.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:25 pm

Maybe she should have thought about that before throwing her child off of a bridge. somehow the the image of a terrified child probably begging not to be thrown from the bridge if they where aware of what was going on gains more sympathy from me than the b*tch who threw him off.

'please mommy don't let go, I don't want to die' vs. "OMG my life is so horrible I'll kill my kid to'.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 04 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm

Wow.

This part

Quote:
Jillian was always so patient with him, and loving. She really had a lot of compassion for his condition. When he was screaming at the top of his lungs, which was the only way he could communicate, she didn't get upset at all. She would calmly comfort him, and I was amazed at how patient she was.

Makes me think "What the hell happened?"

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm

I just read about this. So sorry for that little boy. Words fail.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

I believe the boy is in heaven being cared for by angels, but that the mother is in hell right now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

I feel more sympathy for the boy than I do for that mother.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

Why couldn't she have killed herself instead? I'm being serious, why would you harm your own child? I swear some people are insane these days.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 5:48 pm

I feel sorry for both of them. I imagine the reason the mom always seemed calm amidst the screaming was that she was in a deep depression. I think I feel most sorry for the husband, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

just one more thing to make me wanna get soused.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I feel sorry for both of them. I imagine the reason the mom always seemed calm amidst the screaming was that she was in a deep depression. I think I feel most sorry for the husband, though.

I remember being so stressed out, with a husband who could barely move due to hurting his back and not working, and me with all the stress and anxiety, I felt like I wanted to kill myself, never my child, only me. This looks to me the is had less to do with the son's autism and more with the mother. I guess she was going to kill herself eventually since she wanted to do the Thelma and Louise thing and her plan failed because she was arrested and they do not allow them to kill themselves.

Did she not want to put the burden on her husband and everyone with her child when she does go kill herself? I was feeling that way about my NT son. if I killed myself I would be putting the burden on my husband and my family and his.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Wow.

This part

Quote:
Jillian was always so patient with him, and loving. She really had a lot of compassion for his condition. When he was screaming at the top of his lungs, which was the only way he could communicate, she didn't get upset at all. She would calmly comfort him, and I was amazed at how patient she was.

Makes me think "What the hell happened?"

Reminds me of this story some years back

Quote:
(Reuters) - A senior executive with insurance giant Swiss Re was sectioned under the Mental Health Act on Monday after his young daughter was found with life-threatening injuries, according to a police source.

Alberto Izaga was arrested on Sunday after police were called to his central London home at 8:30 a.m. and discovered his two-year-old daughter suffering from head injuries.

The girl was taken to hospital where she remains in a life-threatening condition, a police spokeswoman said.

The Daily Mirror reported that police found Izaga's daughter lying unconscious in her nightdress and bleeding from her nose, ears and mouth.

Police had been called to Izaga's Albert Embankment apartment near the Houses of Parliament after neighbours heard a child screaming, a woman crying and a man shouting amid loud thudding noises, the paper said.

Izaga, 36, is a member of Swiss Re's executive board and works in the company's landmark "Gherkin" tower in the City of London financial district, a company spokeswoman confirmed.

A Spanish citizen, he is married with one daughter, and was elected to the board of the Association of British Insurers last year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/06/0 ... 0720070604

It was a sunday morning and his 2-year old had jumped on the bed to wake her daddy up. He snapped and beat her into hospital. She died a few days later. He got sectioned and the story dissapeared of the radar.

People snap. It's a sick world we live in :x

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

Yeah. People snap. That's just it-- maybe if we didn't put so much pressure on ourselves (or each other), there would be a lot less snapping.

That's what I've learned from half a decade in hell-- Better "good enough," most days, than striving for perfection...

...and then, *snap*.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 8:52 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel more sympathy for the boy than I do for that mother.

What a horrible way for anyone to die never mind anyone with sensory sensitivities

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman