Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:20 am

smudge wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

No, it's pointless.

The thread or the 13 quotes about mental illness?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:23 am

Having three threads.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 12:20 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Yes, the year did get worse.

Carrie Fisher, Actress, Author and 'Star Wars' Rebel Princess, Dies at 60

Rest in peace, Princess Leia.

This one got to me. Carrie was only a year and a half older than my oldest son. Sixty years of age to die of natural causes is so perverse.

I read that she had had a substance abuse problem with cocaine and other drugs. I have read that this often eventually results in a fatal heart attack later in life because of the damage done to the heart. I noticed that her mother Debbie Reynolds is still alive at 84 and her father, Eddie Fisher lived to the age of 82, so this was probably not a hereditary.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:48 pm

Given the reported severity of the heart attack (dead for ten minutes, no oxygen to the brain) it seemed inevitable despite her condition apparently stabilising.

Why did it have to be my favourite character from the original trilogy who was also a standout despite her relatively minor role in TFA?

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

It's a shame, at least she went out with a last recent appearance.

So many people dying of heart attacks lately. :(

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:41 pm

:cry:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:57 am

EzraS wrote:
I noticed that her mother Debbie Reynolds is still alive at 84

Well scratch that.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:50 pm

May the Force be with her.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 7:52 pm

I read that she had had a substance abuse problem with cocaine and other drugs. I have read that this often eventually results in a fatal heart attack later in life because of the damage done to the heart. I noticed that her mother Debbie Reynolds is still alive at 84 and her father, Eddie Fisher lived to the age of 82, so this was probably not a hereditary.[/quote]

She used to hang with Belushi and supposedly de Niro was gonna do coke with Belushi the day he died. Maybe de Niro was scared straight after this re : drugs ?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

I heard today that they haven't been able to bury Carrie yet, because they have to have a death certificate to do so, and the coroner is holding-off on issuing a death certificate because "something just wasn't right". As we all know, there's a difference between a heart attack (what has been widely reported) and the heart just stopping, and the coroner said he didn't see any sign of anything that would cause a heart attack (ie. clogged arteries), and has ordered a Tox Screen.

Now, as we all know from past cases, Tox Screens take WEEKS----so, I'm guessing the coroner will put "Cause Unknown", maybe, so they can bury her.

Also, as someone else said (I can't remember if it was on this site, or another one): I believe she died on the airplane----and, somebody brought her back and gave her a few more days; and, even though she never regained consciousness after she died on the plane (what's been reported), it gave her family a chance to say "Good-bye".

In regard to Debbie dying a day after Carrie: I thought to myself, "I bet Carrie is ticked-off at her mother, for that"----I can imagine her telling her mother: "OMG, you can't even let me have DEATH, alone!!" (meaning, going-by "Postcards from the Edge" [which I own and have watched MANY times----including, this past weekend], Debbie couldn't stand one MINUTE of the spotlight being on Carrie, and not on her [Debbie]----so, Debbie died to bring the spotlight to HER [Debbie]).

I've heard that they have been on better terms, in the last several years----but, it may only have been because Carrie figured-out how to put-up with Debbie, not that Debbie had changed her ways (meaning, Debbie being jealous, seemingly, of Carrie).

Don't get me wrong, I ADORED Debbie ("The Unsinkable Molly Brown" being my fav, of hers)----but, I can certainly see how it could have been a difficult relationship for BOTH of them (Carrie, thinking she could never be any better than her mother's shadow----and, Debbie trying to hang-on to the spotlight, as she aged).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 7:49 am

That's a very interesting observation considering the relationship of mother to daughter. Seems possible.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:23 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I heard today that they haven't been able to bury Carrie yet, because they have to have a death certificate to do so, and the coroner is holding-off on issuing a death certificate because "something just wasn't right". As we all know, there's a difference between a heart attack (what has been widely reported) and the heart just stopping, and the coroner said he didn't see any sign of anything that would cause a heart attack (ie. clogged arteries), and has ordered a Tox Screen.

Now, as we all know from past cases, Tox Screens take WEEKS----so, I'm guessing the coroner will put "Cause Unknown", maybe, so they can bury her.

Also, as someone else said (I can't remember if it was on this site, or another one): I believe she died on the airplane----and, somebody brought her back and gave her a few more days; and, even though she never regained consciousness after she died on the plane (what's been reported), it gave her family a chance to say "Good-bye".

In regard to Debbie dying a day after Carrie: I thought to myself, "I bet Carrie is ticked-off at her mother, for that"----I can imagine her telling her mother: "OMG, you can't even let me have DEATH, alone!!" (meaning, going-by "Postcards from the Edge" [which I own and have watched MANY times----including, this past weekend], Debbie couldn't stand one MINUTE of the spotlight being on Carrie, and not on her [Debbie]----so, Debbie died to bring the spotlight to HER [Debbie]).

I've heard that they have been on better terms, in the last several years----but, it may only have been because Carrie figured-out how to put-up with Debbie, not that Debbie had changed her ways (meaning, Debbie being jealous, seemingly, of Carrie).

Don't get me wrong, I ADORED Debbie ("The Unsinkable Molly Brown" being my fav, of hers)----but, I can certainly see how it could have been a difficult relationship for BOTH of them (Carrie, thinking she could never be any better than her mother's shadow----and, Debbie trying to hang-on to the spotlight, as she aged).

Reminds me of an anecdote about Metternich (the Napoleonic era Austrian diplomat, and notorious double dealer) who heard that "the Russian embassador had just died". The news caused him to fall into a funk because he couldnt figure out what the Russian embassador's "motive" could be for doing that!

Dying is a high price to pay for a little limelight. But if there is a hereafter the two of them might well be bickering about that issue as we speak. Lol!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:10 pm

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/carrie-fisher-autopsy-cocaine-heroin-ecstasy-1202470282/

Quote:
Carrie Fisher had cocaine, methadone, heroin and ecstasy in her system when she died in December, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

The coroner’s report listed sleep apnea as the primary cause of death, with drug intake as a contributing factor. The report stated that Fisher’s family objected to a full autopsy, and coroner’s investigators had access to limited toxicology specimens. The conclusions were based on toxicology results and an external examination of Fisher’s body.

In addition to the illegal drugs, Fisher was also taking Prozac, Abilify and Lamictal under prescription. She was also taking oxycodone without a prescription.

Based on the available toxicological information, we cannot establish the significance of the multiple substances that were detected in Ms. Fisher’s blood and tissue, with regard to the cause of death,” the report states.

The report also notes that Fisher had a history of bipolar disorder and a long history of drug use.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:25 pm

Wow ... that's disappointing.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 3:14 pm

Princess Lethargia.

Ah, well, ya gets yer money and ya takes yer drugs - er, chances. Or something like that.

Bye-bye, Bouncy. My tribute:

Last edited by will@rd on 19 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

there's always drugs.

:roll:

at least she wasn't 27.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.