Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:55 am

smudge wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
smudge wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
smudge wrote:
Also, consider the bias of the type of people who come to those support groups, they are likely going to be the worser cases, not the people who have managed to adapt and fit in amongst their NT friends. Even then, those groups attract the jerks and those who sexually assault too. Not the majority, sure.

The person that comes to a support group has to be "high functioning" enough to be able to get to the location of the meeting. They have to have some desire to go to a strange location and have social interactions with people they have never met.

I've known very high functioning aspies who couldn't get out the house, and I'm talking Oxbridge type education, who also speak like NTs but with huge vocabularies.

The ones I've seen at the support groups I've been to, are often obviously different. Most of them are fine, and may have moderate learning difficulties or other co-morbids. Some are a***holes. I don't mean people who I've argued with, bitchy people or trouble makers, I mean physically violent and or have other problems. There are creepy men sometimes that go to those groups and scare the women and higher functioning off. That's not uncommon either. When I ran a support group, this woman came along and was very inappropriate. She obviously had other issues too, but she took the piss out of the new rules we set so we could accommodate her, and we had to ask her to leave.

Dare I ask what some examples of that behavior by creepy men might be? I want to know, so I can avoid doing it myself. Just kidding. :lol: But I'd seriously like to know.

Sure. One guy somehow found out this other group I went to, and followed me to it. He made out to my then boyfriend on Facebook that I was the kind of person to make people want to commit suicide. There was this other man who again followed me to the group I went to when he found out I went there, and he would keep staring at me. He was about 20 years older than me, and his eyes "lit up like lanterns" when he heard I was going to visit this group...so I didn't go. He put off other women too.

That is creepy, indeed! :pale:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I played soccer on the school team for a year,not sure if that qualifies me as a jock.I like kicking stuff better than catching it.No fear of a soccer ball,but a base ball hurtling towards me at a high speed,no way can I catch that.
I think in some cases it would depend on the school and how high they prioritize athletics.If they set it above all else then you would have a scenario where jocks have free reign to be jerks.

I should have been more explicit: I was talking about male jocks who have bullied people they deemed weak, or figured they could get away with sexually assaulting girls. And yes, schools that tolerate that sort of behavior from jocks are the enablers.

I always think of Revenge of the Nerds.lol Those jocks had it coming.I think schools are moving away from the jock "free for all",one of the local Ozark college just penalized a jock for animal cruelty.He punched a girls dog so hard he knocked some of its teeth out.He has also been charged in court for animal cruelty.I doubt he gets laid anytime soon.Girls hate animal abusers.

Why the hell did he punch the dog?!?!?!

I think he was just a natural born as*hole.Seems like there was no reason.
http://www.ky3.com/content/news/MSU-QB- ... 63251.html

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:22 pm

^ The truth is that I have more empathy for dogs than people.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:48 pm

Raptor wrote:

I can understand that,mine are better company than most people.They make me laugh everyday.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

Misslizard, you and Raptor are so right. Dogs are usually better company and just want to be loved. Politics and religion don't matter to them.

I've seldom met a dog I didn't like!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I can understand that,mine are better company than most people.They make me laugh everyday.

My neighbor just told me this morning how last night, after a stray kitten had scratched his daughter's face, his psycho brother had picked it up, and threw it to the ground, knocking it unconscious. Now he's going to have to come up with money to get it to a vet. I don't know why he even allows his brother over.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

My neighbor just told me this morning how last night, after a stray kitten had scratched his daughter's face, his psycho brother had picked it up, and threw it to the ground, knocking it unconscious. Now he's going to have to come up with money to get it to a vet. I don't know why he even allows his brother over.

Ugh,people like that are dangerous.Anyone who did that to a kitten in a fit of anger would probably hit a toddler for crying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Ugh,people like that are dangerous.Anyone who did that to a kitten in a fit of anger would probably hit a toddler for crying.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did.