Disabled Alleged Trump Supporter Kidnapped and Tortured

Page 2 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 3:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BuyerBeware wrote:
President Obama says we won't be seeing this for much longer because the next generation has "better, smarter, more thoughtful ideas about race."

Oh. Hell. These little thuggies are 18 years old. They are the next generation that's coming in.

If rats_and_cats has an accurate age stamp there, "no justice for the unjust" is the next generation that's coming in.

I hope President Obama is referring to the ideas of the current crop of 6- to- 12-year-olds. Young children generally have pretty good ideas about race.

Those are just four pieces of s**t, and so shouldn't be allowed to define a whole generation or group of people.

Hope we will have a generation that looks at it and goes, "Race? Sure. On the count of three. One, two, three, GO!!" "Skin color?? Pffffffffttttt. And??"

Because, yeah, the culture you are raised with matters-- but trust me, skin color isn't a very sure determinant of culture (the idea that it is is pretty much where racism comes from). Pretending it's about the color of someone's skin just lets us argue about stupid crap, while the problem of culture goes on.

I thought my generation was going to be the one. Up a holler in West Virginia in 1990-something, you could generally tell a race joke, but if you actually advocated treating someone differently based on their skin, that marked you as an ignorant skinhead and and idiot and a bunch of other stuff you didn't want to be.

Not looking too good any more, at least in the view from my kitchen table. :cry: :evil:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 3:48 pm

I dont care for trump but this is a racist act of violence plain and simple. Its Dispicable!

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm

Sure its terrible etc.

But white people do this to black people every day all over the world. Lets keep that in mind.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Sure its terrible etc.

But white people do this to black people every day all over the world. Lets keep that in mind.

You're wrong to try to downplay it by saying that, it would of been a much bigger story if the roles were reversed. I doesn't happen every day, terrible things like this happen far more frequently than we're aware of but usually race has nothing to do with it. I think the perpetrators of this are pretty much irredeemable, people like that are so broken they can't be fixed and are just a danger to others. It's hard for me to even watch since the victim reminds me of my brother and it brings back memories. They say we autistics lack empathy which couldn't be further from the truth, sociopaths like this are the ones that lack empathy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:36 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Sure its terrible etc.

Yes, black people have been brutalized by whites time after time. But that must not be allowed to diminish what was done by those racist dickholes. What makes this stand out is that the victim was mentally disabled, and was in no way responsible for their grievances.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 8:24 am

white_as_snow wrote:
Sure its terrible etc.

Really? Not that it's even relevant if true, but find me an episode where some whites kidnapped and tortured a black person for being black. Find me a few. Should be real easy when it's happening every day.

Sure it's terrible what Anders Breivik did, etc. But Muslims do this all the time all over the World. Let's keep that in mind.

Ffs man.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 1:39 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Sure its terrible etc.

So two wrongs make a right??

Not so much. Two wrongs make more wrong in the world.

Revenge makes a cycle that never ends.

It feels like s**t to not repay evil with evil, but that's the monkey talking.

It's one thing to defend yourself, something else entirely to just keep feeding the cycle, s**t without end amen.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Sure its terrible etc.

So if I looked I could find a youtube video similar to this one where whites captured and tortured a mentally disabled black person because Obama got elected? That would be the equivalent.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 2:30 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
underwater wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
underwater wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently the perpetrators where charged with a hate crime, in spite of all the people who were concerned it wouldn't be classed as a hate crime due to the perpetrators being black.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525549?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Good.

Very appropriate, if this is not a hate crime, the law is meaningless.

Is there in fact any evidence at all that this guy was a Trump supporter? So far, it seems he was picked because he was white and disabled.

I don't know about other states and nations, but the hate-crime laws that I helped write for my state don't have a provision stating that they apply only to one perpetrator or another.

Sorry, I didn't understand what this was a comment on?

Just an example of how good laws apply to all.

Even in this rather heinous case I'm still not in favor of hate crime laws for thier abuse potential. For a prosecutor it's all about putting someone in jail (a win for them) guilty or not, and if it takes misuse of the law to that end so be it. Yes, I am rather cynical.
In this case, those f*****s should be able to get long sentences in maximum security for abduction and torture alone, regardless of who they did it to.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 5:18 pm

I have mixed feelings about hate crime laws. There still needs to be an accounting for the reason why you did something. Say if instead this was because he'd been in the process of raping one of the two females when the other three found him. Handing down the exact same sentence in both scenarios is not right.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm

Autonomy is considered a human right, being demanded by BLM. The verdict is based on hate, but will be used to disparage a people group.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 3:21 am

Here a 19-year old white man with 2 other men attacked and raped a black, disabled football player with a clothes hanger, while taunting him with racial slurs, and the prosecutor makes clear there was no hate crime and the man after pleading out was sentenced to 2 years probation, no jail time:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -rk-howard

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 4:02 am

beneficii wrote:
Here a 19-year old white man with 2 other men attacked and raped a black, disabled football player with a clothes hanger, while taunting him with racial slurs, and the prosecutor makes clear there was no hate crime and the man after pleading out was sentenced to 2 years probation, no jail time:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -rk-howard

Goodness. Someone actually kicked a coat hanger into the boy's rectum.

"Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer said if the case had gone to trial, prosecutors would have been able to prove Howard kicked a coat hanger into his teammate’s rectum during the October 2015 attack"
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/e ... -1.2917313

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

Football players wanted me to rape someone, who I went to Sunday school with me.

So, there is another irony, in that prateorian types use hazings, yet are supposed to punish hazing.

I think that black autonomy and black racism are two separate issues.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 5:53 pm

I think in that other case, the main factor is that the attackers were football players, not that they were white. Football players could throw a basket of kittens off the Empire State Building and get away scot free.

Source: Went to a football-obsessed high school, currently work for a football team

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 6:08 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Football players wanted me to rape someone, who I went to Sunday school with me.

So, there is another irony, in that prateorian types use hazings, yet are supposed to punish hazing.

I think that black autonomy and black racism are two separate issues.

I hate friggin' jocks.