Disabled Alleged Trump Supporter Kidnapped and Tortured

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 7:46 pm

I used to have a friend who was very right-wing. BNP supporter, Daily Mail reader, the works. Further to the right than the average Trump supporter.

He was also HFA. He advertised his views quite openly in class (at a school approaching 40% Muslim and/or ethnic minority to boot) and many people who wouldn't otherwise tolerate (what is now known as) alt-right views tolerated what he had to say or only debated it slightly because they knew he was disabled. He was a great guy apart from the politics.

These people on the other hand are ANIMALS. Listen, many of us don't like that Trump got in but we're learning to live with it. Taking it out on a poor autistic kid is nothing short of barbaric.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

DailyCaller.com wrote:
Crazy CNN Panelist Blames TRUMP For Kidnapped, Tortured White Man — 'That Is Not A Hate Crime' [VIDEO]

Christian Datoc
January 5, 2017

'...That is not a hate crime,' [Symone Sanders, former national press secretary for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders] blindly stated. 'Hate crimes are because of a person's racial ethnicity, their religion, their gender, a disability, it isn't your political leanings, because someone doesn't like [your] political leanings and they do something bad to you, that is not a hate crime.'

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/05/crazy ... ime-video/

Haha! I love how too many politicos know so little about hate-crime laws. It makes me doubt all the other things they say publicly. And, she was a presidential campaign press secretary?!?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

As I see it, this is collateral damage from the nasty presidential campaign.

I'm sure Trump meant no harm by stirring things up, but angry people often do stupid things.
Perhaps there was to other way for him to get elected, so maybe it was necessary to stir things up.

One of the realizations I've made is that these days, you can't go by literal words to figure out what
people want when they say something. More likely, they want what people collectively want, but they
don't know how to express it--so you need to figure it out using more holistic methods.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm

Was this kid actually a Trump supporter? I thought those racist pricks were using him as a surrogate for Trump and whites in general. Not that it matter who he supported for President or not. :(

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm

I keep seeing my friends post things like "no justice for the unjust" and it scares me because this is what that mentality really leads to. It doesn't hurt the actual racists.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2017, 1:31 am

Just woke up to this news and it immediately made my blood boil :evil:
There is no excuse for what those racist bigots did and they should be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

FML, what a great start to 2017...

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 2:21 am

President Obama says we won't be seeing this for much longer because the next generation has "better, smarter, more thoughtful ideas about race."

Oh. Hell. These little thuggies are 18 years old. They are the next generation that's coming in.

If rats_and_cats has an accurate age stamp there, "no justice for the unjust" is the next generation that's coming in.

I hope President Obama is referring to the ideas of the current crop of 6- to- 12-year-olds. Young children generally have pretty good ideas about race.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 2:42 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
President Obama says we won't be seeing this for much longer because the next generation has "better, smarter, more thoughtful ideas about race."

Oh. Hell. These little thuggies are 18 years old. They are the next generation that's coming in.

If rats_and_cats has an accurate age stamp there, "no justice for the unjust" is the next generation that's coming in.

I hope President Obama is referring to the ideas of the current crop of 6- to- 12-year-olds. Young children generally have pretty good ideas about race.

Those are just four pieces of s**t, and so shouldn't be allowed to define a whole generation or group of people.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:06 am

EclecticWarrior wrote:
I used to have a friend who was very right-wing. BNP supporter, Daily Mail reader, the works. Further to the right than the average Trump supporter.

He was also HFA. He advertised his views quite openly in class (at a school approaching 40% Muslim and/or ethnic minority to boot) and many people who wouldn't otherwise tolerate (what is now known as) alt-right views tolerated what he had to say or only debated it slightly because they knew he was disabled. He was a great guy apart from the politics.

These people on the other hand are ANIMALS. Listen, many of us don't like that Trump got in but we're learning to live with it. Taking it out on a poor autistic kid is nothing short of barbaric.

What does HFA stand for?

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:12 am

Charge with hate crime. This is intolerable and disgusting and proper action needs to be taken. Of course there is going to be hidden bias in the works but if the right people do the right thing, we will see proper justice and this gut-wrenching act can be handled properly.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2017, 5:17 am

beneficii wrote:
What does HFA stand for?

High-Functioning Autism

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:46 am

Adamantium wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently the perpetrators where charged with a hate crime, in spite of all the people who were concerned it wouldn't be classed as a hate crime due to the perpetrators being black.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525549?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Good.

Very appropriate, if this is not a hate crime, the law is meaningless.

Is there in fact any evidence at all that this guy was a Trump supporter? So far, it seems he was picked because he was white and disabled.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:57 am

underwater wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently the perpetrators where charged with a hate crime, in spite of all the people who were concerned it wouldn't be classed as a hate crime due to the perpetrators being black.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525549?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Good.

Is there in fact any evidence at all that this guy was a Trump supporter? So far, it seems he was picked because he was white and disabled.

I don't know about other states and nations, but the hate-crime laws that I helped write for my state don't have a provision stating that they apply only to one perpetrator or another. Despite several concerns I have with our laws, they are blind to any status of the perpetrator.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 06 Jan 2017, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:58 am

AspieUtah wrote:
underwater wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Good.

I don't know about other states and nations, but the hate-crime laws that I helped write for my state don't have a provision stating that they apply only to one perpetrator or another.

Sorry, I didn't understand what this was a comment on?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

underwater wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
underwater wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Good.

I don't know about other states and nations, but the hate-crime laws that I helped write for my state don't have a provision stating that they apply only to one perpetrator or another.

Sorry, I didn't understand what this was a comment on?

Just an example of how good laws apply to all.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 3:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BuyerBeware wrote:

Those are just four pieces of s**t, and so shouldn't be allowed to define a whole generation or group of people.

Hope we will have a generation that looks at it and goes, "Race? Sure. On the count of three. One, two, three, GO!!" "Skin color?? Pffffffffttttt. And??"

Because, yeah, the culture you are raised with matters-- but trust me, skin color isn't a very sure determinant of culture (the idea that it is is pretty much where racism comes from). Pretending it's about the color of someone's skin just lets us argue about stupid crap, while the problem of culture goes on.

I thought my generation was going to be the one. Up a holler in West Virginia in 1990-something, you could generally tell a race joke, but if you actually advocated treating someone differently based on their skin, that marked you as an ignorant skinhead and and idiot and a bunch of other stuff you didn't want to be.

Not looking too good any more, at least in the view from my kitchen table. :cry: :evil: