82 year old woman and 24 year old man get married

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 1:32 pm

http://video.aol.com/video/news-ageless ... ld/1976873

so...she obviously has a LOT of money. just look at her, and look at him! you think he could afford all that shiz on his own? especially with his mom gone, and no dad?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

30 Sep 2007, 1:33 pm

:lol: So that's why you asked shadexiii how old he was.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 1:36 pm

Nooo! How old is he anyway?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

30 Sep 2007, 3:24 pm

I told you. Twelve. 8)

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 3:35 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 4:11 pm

This story is creepy! :o

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 4:28 pm

The creepy part:

Quote:
Their love blossomed when Mr Waveqche went to live with her after his mother's death when he was 15.

:|

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 6:42 pm

Very weird.

Why marry a woman who's that old, and will die soon? I suspect that he's either doing it for the money, or he's into necrophilia.

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 6:51 pm

oh that is sick as hell. that is all i can say... :roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 7:48 pm

I bet the canny old bugger lives for another 20 years yet.

greatballzofire
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2007, 9:21 pm

He's kind of cute, but I think I'll just stick with cats. The last thing an old lady needs is a high maintainance pet.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 9:23 pm

Good luck to them, is all I can say. Who are we to judge them ?
It is very easy to be cynical and assume he is after her money etc, but there are surely rare instances where it is a true case of heartfelt love...I mean, in the end, she may be 82 physically, but not necessarily in personality and spirit. Maybe I prefer to believe there is a better side to nature than people like to paint.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 9:51 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
It is very easy to be cynical and assume he is after her money etc, but there are surely rare instances where it is a true case of heartfelt love...I mean, in the end, she may be 82 physically, but not necessarily in personality and spirit.

I do not disagree with any of this. My issue with any of it is the circumstances. He went to live with her when he was 15. She was effectively his caretaker, almost his adoptive mother. That concerns me a bit, that such a relationship would develop into a romantic one.

The age isn't the problem for me.

There could be nothing wrong with how their relationship developed, but with what little was said about the circumstances, and specifically those when he was around 15, it makes me wonder if it was legitimate, or if it was necessarily a healthy progression.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 9:53 pm

shadexiii wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
It is very easy to be cynical and assume he is after her money etc, but there are surely rare instances where it is a true case of heartfelt love...I mean, in the end, she may be 82 physically, but not necessarily in personality and spirit.

I do not disagree with any of this. My issue with any of it is the circumstances. He went to live with her when he was 15. She was effectively his caretaker, almost his adoptive mother. That concerns me a bit, that such a relationship would develop into a romantic one.

The age isn't the problem for me.

There could be nothing wrong with how their relationship developed, but with what little was said about the circumstances, and specifically those when he was around 15, it makes me wonder if it was legitimate, or if it was necessarily a healthy progression.

I suppose he might have become attached to her in a unhealthy way because she is the one who was around at that stage in his life... it is also possible though that it simply developed as he got older. I suppose we will not know unless they talk more of the circumstances.

purpletoupee

10 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

I shouldn't be getting involved with such an old thread, but it was true love...

I couldn't access the link so I couldn't read about that specific story, but I hate the knee-jerk way a lot of people react to outwardly unconventional relationships. There are endless numbers of couples who turn out to be totally mismatched regardless of the fact that they might be a similar age or similar attractiveness level or from a similar background. And they don't even have a load of people gawping, critizing, and waiting for the relationship to fail.

I think it's the best kind of love when people know they're going to get flack but cope with it because they have a strong connection. Yes, it might be unhealthy, there might be an ulterior motive from one or both sides... but that's not exclusive to these relationships.

I know that there are lots of people my age who I'd never have anything in common with (as well as those who I would, of course), and people older and younger who I would just click with. It's ridiculous how when I went somewhere with my brother people assumed we were together, but when I was out with my (now ex) boyfriend who looks a lot older (though there was only 6 years between us) we got endless stares and rude comments. So apparently incest is ok to these people, but not a 23 yr old with a 29 yr old. People are so ready to jump to conclusions and make these kinds of judgements that in the past I've struggled to talk to my own Dad in public without getting concerned looks. :roll: I know they weren't to know and probably just thought they were looking out for my safety but there are a million things actually affecting me that I wish they'd be more hypervigilant about...

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2017, 2:01 pm

Perhaps the groom (or the bride) is/was on the spectrum, since many of us aspies and autists aren't concerned with age and don't consider it important.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/