Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I just love Trump! He's so natural. He's going to be the one to put the news back in order. He sure put CNN in their place! :mrgreen: Good times!

The thing is though, the founding fathers understood that a free and even adversarial press was necessary for keeping a President in check, and insured a free society. Trump's BFF, Putin, has been cracking down on the Russian press critical of him, possibly even ordering assassinations of reporters. I for one am fearful for the future of our republic if the press is bullied into silence.

More like called into account for producing yellow journalism.

Yellow journalism is actually the business of Fox, Breitbart, and the like. Just because Trump calls CNN phony news doesn't necessarily make it so.

CNN is just the leftist version of Fox. I don't go to either source unless I'm looking for skewed sensationalism.

Seriously? MSNBC is far more to the left than the middle-of-the-road CNN.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
That golden showers thing is just yellow journalism :P

:D

As a Trump supporter you better get used to it.

I am not a Trump supporter per se. I'm just not anti-Trump. He could very well absolutely suck as president. But I'll wait until that actually happens. In the meantime I think many liberals are conducting themselves poorly. So I guess I'm doing what's called playing the devil's advocate.

I am anti-Trump, but I am not pro-Clinton.

I think people on both sides of the political fence have behaved poorly.

It seems to me that the largest segment of the popultion does not really have any firm morality, but will take on any belief that benefits them. :|

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jan 2017, 3:14 pm

The news-entertainment complex needs to be knocked down a peg, the fake news and partisan misinformation are becoming one I of the main problems in this country. Perhaps France is on to something with their privacy laws, that is a right that the SCOTUS says we have so what does that all apply to? I support the decision in the Hulk Hogan v Gawker case, there was obvious malicious intent and demonstrably damages. What the news media is essentially doing is yelling fire in a crowded movie theater and I'm not saying there should be censorship but these organizations should also be a little more cognizant of the fact that libel is not protected free speech.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

Here is some detailed commentary on Buzzfeed's supposed Trump "dossier," written by an ex_Navy intelligence officer:

http://libertyunyielding.com/2017/01/12 ... convenient

"Very little that the Russians reportedly said sounds like the Russians would have said it – at least not with a straight face. Too much of what’s in the dossier does nothing more than serve to confirm the suspicions raised by reporting in the U.S. media. It’s hard to pick one thing that the whole dossier comes off like. But here’s what it doesn’t come off like: intelligence."

There Are Four Lights!

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:59 pm

Trump is trying to silence his critics. So-called "fake news" is everywhere, not just mainstream media. People love to claim anything not mainstream is always right, but its not. Trump thinks anything not praising him is fake, even if sources are there for the information! I'm not talking all Russia news either, I'm talking the wall, I'm talking how many lies he has spouted, etc. The more he bashes the media, the more he discredits even facts! But sadly many of his supporters believe anything he says, no matter the proof of his lies anyway. He gaslights constantly- and people fall for it way too often. Sickening!

It's interesting to note- people cheering and clapping at the press conference were mainly paid actors to do it!

If things keep up this route- I honestly feel most of the press will stop going to these stupid conferences. I don't care if Trump = ratings to certain channels. The way he keeps treating people is horrible. Sorry but FREE SPEECH says they can ask anything. Trump has the right to not answer stuff (as he has done many times) but just yelling "fake news" is pretty immature. If Trump hates certain companies- then he can start just banning them. Let's see how long that lasts before the conferences are almost empty and Trump is whining about how lonely he is. :lol:

Also the conferences seem like a joke and Trump just backpedals and avoids serious questions most of the time. His taxes as a big example! Plus Mexico paying for a wall- when they have clearly said they will not! Sacrificing good relations (or any relations for that matter) with Mexico is a huge mistake. Also let's not forget- there is still no concrete plan about his companies! Sorry but just giving the companies to his sons does not equal a good plan. So it's clear he is using the presidency to help make more money for himself, family and friends.

I'm still calling it- Trump gets impeached 4-6 months into his first year as president.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:05 pm

What were you calling november 8th?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year. Also by then, TMC (Trump Media Corporation) will control at least 50% of the market. Then we can finally relax and receive 24/7 reports of Donald J Trump's accomplishments in making America great again.

Are you sarcastic? Or do you wish that media are controlled by your government, only a government you approve off?

My talking about the future Trump Media Corporation, which is something I made up, is satire.

Yes, but it sounds all too plausible. Just like Trumps golden showers.

:!:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 7:04 pm

feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:

:D

As a Trump supporter you better get used to it.

I am not a Trump supporter per se. I'm just not anti-Trump. He could very well absolutely suck as president. But I'll wait until that actually happens. In the meantime I think many liberals are conducting themselves poorly. So I guess I'm doing what's called playing the devil's advocate.

I am anti-Trump, but I am not pro-Clinton.

I think people on both sides of the political fence have behaved poorly.

It seems to me that the largest segment of the popultion does not really have any firm morality, but will take on any belief that benefits them. :|

I was holding the left to a higher standard before all this. Like the right was Goofus and the left was Gallant. So seeing the left go mega Goofus was substantial to me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 7:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's the thing....there's something called "Freedom of the Press."

Trump "putting CNN in its place" is dictator stuff.

If we lose Freedom of the Press, we lose accountability.

Leaders could then do what the hell they want, to the profit of them, and the loss of whom they are governing.

As much as I hate to post something from Fox, they did present an interesting montage of Obama basically doing the same thing:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:18 am

Earthbound wrote:

I'm still calling it- Trump gets impeached 4-6 months into his first year as president.

I am still waiting for predictions of Trump's demise to even come remotely close to happening. Even if they wanted to impeach him it would take Congress more like 4 to 6 years rather then 4 to 6 months.

If predictions of Trumps demise actually comes true it will be through the 25th Amendment, not impeachment.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 7:36 am

So much bloodthirst! Where was the outrage when Trump was making unfounded claims?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 8:29 am

MDD123 wrote:
So much bloodthirst! Where was the outrage when Trump was making unfounded claims?

Have you been living under a rock? I had to eliminate quite a few people on my Facebook page because of all the vitriol that was going around during the campaign. A lot of them were friends going back 40 years.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Earthbound wrote:

I am still waiting for predictions of Trump's demise to even come remotely close to happening. Even if they wanted to impeach him it would take Congress more like 4 to 6 years rather then 4 to 6 months.

If predictions of Trumps demise actually comes true it will be through the 25th Amendment, not impeachment.

The problem with impeachment, is that Pence is actually worse than Trump.

Trump is a narcisistic bufoon. Pence is a fundamentalist. Fudamentalist can justify the worst atrocities in the name of their particular belief.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 10:48 am

Trump is a moderate socially, moderate on entitlements, and isn't a neocon. He's independent of the GOP power structure which he has to wrestle with constantly, without Trump then you would have Mike Pence/Paul Ryan/Ted Cruz running this country. While maybe not as abrasive, someone like Marco Rubio or Mitt Romney or John McCain being president would be a far more dangerous scenario so be careful what you wish for. It's unprecedented what these entrenched establishment forces are doing in order to maintain their iron grip on power.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm

Worrying that some people think that BBC news is credible, it's probably worse than CNN and FOX put together. It prides itself on being 'impartial' yet it pumps out propaganda and lies on a daily basis, on an hourly basis. People hate it because they are forced by the BBC TV police to pay their £145 license fee so they can be indoctrinated with mostly awful programs and war propaganda news.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 10:41 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
MDD123 wrote:

Have you been living under a rock? I had to eliminate quite a few people on my Facebook page because of all the vitriol that was going around during the campaign. A lot of them were friends going back 40 years.

Still, I see a lot of people up in arms over one unfounded claim against Trump while ignoring his track record of making them himself.