John McCain Wants Trump To Retract Wiretapping Claim

Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

I think calling McCain a traitor is really going overboard.

One might not agree with how he is attacking Trump. But he's no traitor. He does have an axe to grind with Trump because of Trump's comments about prisoners-of-war.

McCain served our country well. He's not perfect, though. Being imperfect doesn't make one a traitor.

I wish we would stop this "traitor" talk.

Even if Trump, etc. had discussions with the Russians, that doesn't make him a traitor. Trump believes an alliance with Russia, versus one with China, would gain the US more benefit. I don't think he's a traitor to his country.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm

B19 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Seriously, McCain should retire.

People are going to have to learn that like Trump's Tweet about Sweden, there is going to at the least be a ring of truth to it.

What ring of truth...?

The same one as Trump's birther claims?

The same one as Sweden, like I said above.

I have a feeling if Trump had said the Russians had been tapping his phones, people saying he's being ridiculous, would be demanding an investigation.

And was Trump the initiator of the birther movement? If not, I don't think it can be pinned on him - even though that's what it seems like people try to do.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

EzraS wrote:
B19 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Seriously, McCain should retire.

People are going to have to learn that like Trump's Tweet about Sweden, there is going to at the least be a ring of truth to it.

What ring of truth...?

The same one as Trump's birther claims?

The same one as Sweden, like I said above.

I have a feeling if Trump had said the Russians had been tapping his phones, people saying he's being ridiculous, would be demanding an investigation.

And was Trump the initiator of the birther movement? If not, I don't think it can be pinned on him - even though that's what it seems like people try to do.

I could care less if Trump had originated the birther movement; he had made use of spurious, and out right racist charges that the first African American President wasn't a citizen by birth solely for political gain. He appealed to the worst in Americans to perpetuate an ugly lie, and that's what matters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

EzraS wrote:

Which didn't stop him from giving strong credence to that right wing inspired myth. Trump seems to rely on psuedoscience when it comes to Obama's birthplace, terrorism threats or global warming. Not surprising really given his primary source of information is Breitbart and right wing twitter sites

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 6:52 am

What I'm thinking though is, hypothetically speaking, if there was a suspicion that Trump had been born in Canada or whatever, I bet the Democrats/left would be all over that and demanding a birth certificate etc. Just like they've been all over Russia this that and the other conspiracy.

It seems like the idea in either the case of Obama or Trump is, to come up with anything, absolutely anything, no matter how far fetched, to get the President you don't like out of office or from being elected/reelected.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
What I'm thinking though is, hypothetically speaking, if there was a suspicion that Trump had been born in Canada or whatever, I bet the Democrats/left would be all over that and demanding a birth certificate etc. Just like they've been all over Russia this that and the other conspiracy.

It seems like the idea in either the case of Obama or Trump is, to come up with anything, absolutely anything, no matter how far fetched, to get the President you don't like out of office or from being elected/reelected.

Even if the Dems had, there wouldn't have been the ugly spectre of racism that was the primary motivation behind the birtherism on the right, regarding Obama's birth certificate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:15 am

EzraS wrote:
if there was a suspicion that Trump had been born in Canada or whatever, I bet the Democrats/left would be all over that and demanding a birth certificate etc. Just like they've been all over Russia this that and the other conspiracy.

I recall Trump was making overtures to Scotland about his "ethnic" connections through his mother (who was born in Scotland) which he enthusiastically advertises. Similarly Obama's father was born overseas in Kenya. The difference is that Obama's father is African and so in the minds of most Republican voters automatically makes Obama "not American"...contrast that to Trump's foreign born mother or his series of foreign born wives...no problems there apparently (and we know why)

It's not really rocket science to know why the birther myth was spawned...I'll spell it for you Ezra - r.a.c.i.s.m...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Even if the Dems had, there wouldn't have been the ugly spectre of racism that was the primary motivation behind the birtherism on the right, regarding Obama's birth certificate.

it kinda seems like you see an ugly specter of racism in anything agaist anyone who's not white.

cyberdad wrote:
I recall Trump was making overtures to Scotland about his "ethnic" connections through his mother (who was born in Scotland) which he enthusiastically advertises. Similarly Obama's father was born overseas in Kenya. The difference is that Obama's father is African and so in the minds of most Republican voters automatically makes Obama "not American"...contrast that to Trump's foreign born mother or his series of foreign born wives...no problems there apparently (and we know why)

It's not really rocket science to know why the birther myth was spawned...I'll spell it for you Ezra - r.a.c.i.s.m...

You and Bill often seem like twins separated at birth :P

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

Did McCain ever retract the claim that Iraq had WMDs?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 4:28 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

it kinda seems like you see an ugly specter of racism in anything agaist anyone who's not white.

cyberdad wrote:

You and Bill often seem like twins separated at birth :P

Why is it that you conservatives shut your eyes to obvious racism?
How can you seriously tell me that anyone could legitimately believe Obama wasn't an American by birth, without there being a racist element to it? Say, for the sake of argument, that Obama had been born in Kenya, he would still be born an American, as his mother was an American citizen.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Why is it that you conservatives shut your eyes to obvious racism?

I'm not sure yet if I am a conservative. I think that in the long run I will end up as a libertarian or something like that. Right now I'm just giving my natural reaction to things. I don't shut my eyes to obvious racism. I just don't see anything directed at a person who's not white as automatically being racist. Or anything being directed at a woman as automatically being misogynistic etc. I think some people just like to play that card any chance they get.

Kraichgauer wrote:
How can you seriously tell me that anyone could legitimately believe Obama wasn't an American by birth, without there being a racist element to it?

I have read/heard more than once how Arnold Schwarzenegger can never run for President because he was not born in America. And the thing is it seems to me that if he had been born in a "non-white" country, certain people would be going on about that being racist.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Say, for the sake of argument, that Obama had been born in Kenya, he would still be born an American, as his mother was an American citizen.

So you are saying if he had been born in Austria, no one would have said anything. That they only said something is because it was Kenya? I have seen both John McCain being born in Panama and Ted Cruse being born in Canada being challenged as them being eligible to run for POTUS.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:06 pm

EzraS wrote:
So you are saying if he had been born in Austria, no one would have said anything. That they only said something is because it was Kenya? I have seen both John McCain being born in Panama and Ted Cruse being born in Canada being challenged as them being eligible to run for POTUS.

Bingo! give the boy a cigar!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Once again... what about people say Schwarzenegger can't be President because he was born in Austria? Or saying McCain should have been intelligible because he was born in Panama? Or saying Cruse should have been ineligible because he was born in Canada?

So what am I being given a cigar for? Editing out most of what someone wrote just to make a "clever" quip is lame.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Once again... what about people say Schwarzenegger can't be President because he was born in Austria? Or saying McCain should have been intelligible because he was born in Panama? Or saying Cruse should have been ineligible because he was born in Canada?

So what am I being given a cigar for? Editing out most of what someone wrote just to make a "clever" quip is lame.

No because you have eventually educated yourself...need a reminder
Austria - Schwarzneggar is "all American" lets make him governor of California
Scotland - Trump is "all American" let make him president
Panama - McCain is a war hero - let him run for POTUS
Cruse - He's got a Mexican sounding name but ...well... he look's white (at least) so let him run for POTUS
Obama - not white and his dad's from Africa! he's a foreigner!! ! he's not American!! he's probably muslim!! !

As I said it's not rocket science to read the mind of the average dumb "schmuck" who votes republican

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No because you have eventually educated yourself...need a reminder
Austria - Schwarzneggar is "all American" lets make him governor of California

Obama is [what?] lets make him a United States Senator.

cyberdad wrote:
Scotland - Trump is "all American" let make him president
Panama - McCain is a war hero - let him run for POTUS
Cruse - He's got a Mexican sounding name but ...well... he look's white (at least) so let him run for POTUS
Obama - not white and his dad's from Africa! he's a foreigner!! ! he's not American!! he's probably muslim!! !

As I said it's not rocket science to read the mind of the average dumb "schmuck" who votes republican

This is not any kind of science or anything displaying education or logic, it's just pure hyperbole.

It's completely ignoring the fact that, as I am saying for the third time now, Swarzenegger, McCain and Cruse have all been changed as being ineligible to become POTUS due to not being natural born citizens.

Can you contribute anything to this other than your usual hyperbole and sensationalism?

Last edited by EzraS on 15 Mar 2017, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:45 pm

EzraS wrote:
Can you contribute anything to this other than your usual hyperbole and sensationalism?

Explain why a standing POTUS and his millions of supporters would accuse a former POTUS of faking his birth certificate without valid reason? what reason do you think they need?