Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
"just that Gaddafi had been largely responsible for causing it."

Not remotely true.

You don't think living for decades under an emotionally unbalanced, fickle dictator for decades hadn't contributed to the eventual uprising?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 4:28 pm

Gaddafi supported terrorism at one time but he cared about his people and helped build a lot of infrastructure all across Africa, he's not a black and white figure. I think everyone in Libya besides the Islamists probably misses him, their country is now an ungovernable failed state in sectarian civil war with little possibility of the situation improving any time soon. It was a terrible terrible mistake by NATO to intervene, more people have died 20x over if we didn't stick our nose in it. Not only that but it was a total betrayal by the West to Gaddafi who had cooperated with our War on Terror and had given up his WMDs, lesson to other pariahs is to NEVER disarm.

also confirmed surveillance of Trump and associates by Intelligence Chair David Nunes, says FBI is not cooperating with the congressional investigation but the NSA is. I think the time to fire Comey as FBI director is coming soon.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Not remotely true.

You don't think living for decades under an emotionally unbalanced, fickle dictator for decades hadn't contributed to the eventual uprising?

Nothing to do with it. It's completely irrelevant. He was removed and the country destroyed because it's what the West wanted to happen. Have you ever thought about looking elsewhere for news and information? Cause you're being lied to.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:37 pm

Yep, straight as he did that regarding disarmament, the game was up. I'm afraid the only way to stop the West's destruction is if Iran had nukes.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Not remotely true.

Nothing to do with it. It's completely irrelevant. He was removed and the country destroyed because it's what the West wanted to happen. Have you ever thought about looking elsewhere for news and information? Cause you're being lied to.

Why would the west want to see a third world country destabilized like that? Not every disastrous event is preplanned.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Gaddafi supported terrorism at one time but he cared about his people and helped build a lot of infrastructure all across Africa, he's not a black and white figure. I think everyone in Libya besides the Islamists probably misses him, their country is now an ungovernable failed state in sectarian civil war with little possibility of the situation improving any time soon. It was a terrible terrible mistake by NATO to intervene, more people have died 20x over if we didn't stick our nose in it. Not only that but it was a total betrayal by the West to Gaddafi who had cooperated with our War on Terror and had given up his WMDs, lesson to other pariahs is to NEVER disarm.

also confirmed surveillance of Trump and associates by Intelligence Chair David Nunes, says FBI is not cooperating with the congressional investigation but the NSA is. I think the time to fire Comey as FBI director is coming soon.

No, he wasn't a black-and-white, Snidely Whiplash character, twirling his mustache in anticipation of the deviltry he can cause. Still, I think he was a bad man.
Getting rid of him ultimately proved to be a bad move, as the west overestimated the power of the street protesters calling for liberty, and didn't foresee fanatical killers fighting to take charge. But when a repressive dictatorship is removed after a number of years, it's often the case that all those influences that had been held under foot, both good and bad - probably especially bad - are suddenly let loose.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 8:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

No, he wasn't a black-and-white, Snidely Whiplash character, twirling his mustache in anticipation of the deviltry he can cause. Still, I think he was a bad man.
Getting rid of him ultimately proved to be a bad move, as the west overestimated the power of the street protesters calling for liberty, and didn't foresee fanatical killers fighting to take charge. But when a repressive dictatorship is removed after a number of years, it's often the case that all those influences that had been held under foot, both good and bad - probably especially bad - are suddenly let loose.

It's as big of 'mistake' as it was to invade Iraq, people don't fully appreciate how bad of shape Libya is in and how ISIS has gained a foothold in the country. Weapons from Libya destabilized northern Africa, from Mali all the way down to Nigeria with Boko Haram. Obama is a criminal just like Bush and Clinton before.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:23 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

It's as big of 'mistake' as it was to invade Iraq, people don't fully appreciate how bad of shape Libya is in and how ISIS has gained a foothold in the country. Weapons from Libya destabilized northern Africa, from Mali all the way down to Nigeria with Boko Haram. Obama is a criminal just like Bush and Clinton before.

I honestly think Obama thought removing Gaddafi was the right thing to do. His true error was assuming, as Bush had, that people with zero experience with democracy would take immediately to free government, and not understanding that in an illiberal society, the bad man in charge keeps the other bad men from the door.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:23 pm

John McCain is probably now saying "umm err, never mind".

Last edited by EzraS on 22 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:25 pm

EzraS wrote:

Why? As I understand it, the feds basically had picked up on how Trump's people were talking about him, but there's still no proof of wiretapping.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Why? As I understand it, the feds basically had picked up on how Trump's people were talking about him, but there's still no proof of wiretapping.

O'Reilly: "Bottom line congressman, would I be wrong in saying that the Obama administration surveilled the Trump transition team?"

Peter King: "I would say from all I know you're at least 99.5% accurate. And probably 100%."

Starting @ 7:40

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

O'Reilly: "Bottom line congressman, would I be wrong in saying that the Obama administration surveilled the Trump transition team?"

Peter King: "I would say from all I know you're at least 99.5% accurate. And probably 100%."

Leave it to Fox to blow this out of proportion. As I've already stated, the feds picked up on stuff said by Trump's people about Trump, but nobody tapped Trump's phone, or spied on him through his TV, or microwave oven.
And Roger King? This is a guy who used to give moral, and perhaps even financial, support to the IRA, a known terrorist organization, that has the blood of innocent people on it's hands. He only broke off this support after we went to war with terrorists. I trust Roger King as far as I can throw him.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Leave it to Fox to blow this out of proportion. As I've already stated, the feds picked up on stuff said by Trump's people about Trump, but nobody tapped Trump's phone, or spied on him through his TV, or microwave oven.
And Roger King? This is a guy who used to give moral, and perhaps even financial, support to the IRA, a known terrorist organization, that has the blood of innocent people on it's hands. He only broke off this support after we went to war with terrorists. I trust Roger King as far as I can throw him.

What difference does it make what specific type of eavesdropping surveillance equipment was used? It's still the same deed and has the same outcome.

That was Peter King. But I know from your perspective any Republican outside the likes of John McCain, is a Nazi criminal alt right thug etc.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:30 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

What difference does it make what specific type of eavesdropping surveillance equipment was used? It's still the same deed and has the same outcome.

That was Peter King. But I know from your perspective any Republican outside the likes of John McCain, is a Nazi criminal alt right thug etc.

It's hardly the same as tapping Trump's phone. I don't see anyone seriously scrambling to have anyone arrested for this, because I doubt there's much to it.
And no, I don't see all Republicans as Nazis. Unfortunately, Nazi types feel they have a home in Trump's Republican party today.
Why do you think the Democrats are always up to no good?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's hardly the same as tapping Trump's phone.

Before going on to the rest, what's the difference? How is it not the same thing via other surveillance eavesdropping devices used without a warrant?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It's hardly the same as tapping Trump's phone.

Before going on to the rest, what's the difference? How is it not the same thing via other surveillance eavesdropping devices used without a warrant?

I haven't even heard if this was purposeful, yet. It's possible that persons working as domestic contacts or informants might have overheard conversations, and simply reported them.