AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 6:57 pm

God, that a$$hole is trying to lose our allies, now!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm

the truth will be known in due time

dont ever trust spy agencies to be truthful, you should probably believe the opposite of whatever they say

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 9:52 am

Why would the British spy on the election when the two countries were already buying and selling secrets to each other. He is being downright disrespectful. Also why would Obama trust another country with american secrets? Cant help but feel like Trump is covering something up by making this claim

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

Do DJT supporters accept this? Is it really okay to say, "Even though we have access to all the legitimate information, we cited another source. Even though we cited this other source, it doesn't mean that we believe it to be true. Why should we apologize for spreading false information we could easily check on our own?"

Oh, never mind. He has the same playbook as his supporters.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

Alliekit wrote:
Why would the British spy on the election when the two countries were already buying and selling secrets to each other. He is being downright disrespectful. Also why would Obama trust another country with american secrets? Cant help but feel like Trump is covering something up by making this claim

look up the Five Eyes and what Edward Snowden said about it

these people are liars and are lying now, these 'intelligence' agencies are spying on literally everyone and operate outside the laws of any country. Trump was spied on by an intelligence agency that is now leaking material to the media, there isn't an argument that this didn't happen but everyone is denying responsibility for this is a grave and seditious crime. They lied about Russia hacking as revealed by Wikileaks, they're lying about not targeting Trump now. The whole intelligence state needs a massive purging, we are not a free country and only have the vestige of a democracy.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

Every major nations spies on other nations, whether the spying is admitted or not.

At the very least NSA is busy working on decrypting coded data produced by other nations and private citizens. For years NSA fought against inexpensive encryption schemes so tough that even NSA could not crack them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

these people are liars and are lying now, these 'intelligence' agencies are spying on literally everyone and operate outside the laws of any country. Trump was spied on by an intelligence agency that is now leaking material to the media, there isn't an argument that this didn't happen but everyone is denying responsibility for this is a grave and seditious crime. They lied about Russia hacking as revealed by Wikileaks, they're lying about not targeting Trump now. The whole intelligence state needs a massive purging, we are not a free country and only have the vestige of a democracy.

There isn't an argument Trump was spied on?!?!?! Of course there is an argument that he wasn't spied on, as there's absolutely no evidence that he was, save for his insistence that he was. I could make the argument that aliens give me a dental exam every night, but if I have no evidence to back it up, then such an outlandish claim should be taken at face value.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 1:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

There isn't an argument Trump was spied on?!?!?! Of course there is an argument that he wasn't spied on, as there's absolutely no evidence that he was, save for his insistence that he was. I could make the argument that aliens give me a dental exam every night, but if I have no evidence to back it up, then such an outlandish claim should be taken at face value.

Conversations don't record themselves, how do you think the media is getting these leaks? That's evidence in of itself, now you have all the liars trying to pretend it didn't happen in the most lawyerly ways.

Obama personally signed off on spying on Angela Merkel's personal phone but he pretends he didn't authorize anything.

LIES LIES LIES!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Conversations don't record themselves, how do you think the media is getting these leaks? That's evidence in of itself, now you have all the liars trying to pretend it didn't happen in the most lawyerly ways.

Obama personally signed off on spying on Angela Merkel's personal phone but he pretends he didn't authorize anything.

LIES LIES LIES!

All we have is Trump's word, and his word is pretty much worthless. Remember how he promised how his investigators were finding "interesting things" in Hawaii about Obama's birth certificate? Then when Obama released it, all of a sudden, Trump forgot all about those "interesting thing."

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

LIES LIES LIES!

So what makes trump more believable? It's already been proven he lies

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

His lies have a lot of truthiness to certain ears. His sources sound correct, even when they don't exist.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:41 am

It would be the truth if he said Russia was spying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 5:11 am

EzraS wrote:
It would be the truth if he said Russia was spying.

But Trump won't say that, for obvious reasons.
I think Britain has proven time and time again how they are a reliable ally, while Putin has done nothing to demonstrate any reason why we should trust him.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:08 am

I looked up the jury instructions for assessing the credibility of witnesses, and they indeed indicate that if a witness has made false statements, the jury may disregard all of their testimony. They have a long list of other factors, too.

On a side note, to this aspie it looks like a very useful list indeed. Since I have had difficulties discerning who has my best interests at heart in new social situations, I may put a copy on my phone for reference.

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Obama asked the UK to spy on Trump? Incredible claims require incredible evidence. With all the three letter agencies at his disposal in the US already, which operate without oversight, why would he need to do this? Did they spy on him to serve their own purposes? I wouldn't doubt it. It is absolutely fair game for them to do so if the US is also going to spy on other nations.