Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 8:45 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Devin Nunes, R, Chair of the House Intelligence Committee destroyed his credibility today trying to provide cover for DJT. He confirmed the theory I had previously favored, that campaign associates' communications were intercepted as part of legal foreign intelligence operations. Then he said, but it wasn't Russians. That doesn't make it clear who they were communicating with, and why they were communicating with people whom we have under surveillance.

Maybe he's telling the truth, but the other committee members seem irked by his public declaration of a conclusion in a matter they haven't finished investigating.

It's not legal to collect and retain surveillance on someone not being investigated, this information which should of never been collected being disseminated among the Obama administration implies a pretty serious crime to me. These leaks are evidence that somebody broke the law already and using another investigation as a roundabout way of surveiling your political opponents would be highly illegal.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

This whole thing is going to backfire and lead to the further demise of the Democrats.

jrjones9933 wrote:
Devin Nunes, R, Chair of the House Intelligence Committee destroyed his credibility today trying to provide cover for DJT.

I don't think that's whose credibility is being destroyed by this.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 12:34 pm

Tillerson has backtracked, and instead of skipping a NATO meeting to visit Russia, he will instead try to reschedule the NATO meeting. His priorities are still clear.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Tillerson has backtracked, and instead of skipping a NATO meeting to visit Russia, he will instead try to reschedule the NATO meeting. His priorities are still clear.

When you're in a hole you're supposed to stop digging. These guys just can't seem to help themselves.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
As a side note, I fully expected Dianne Feinstein to be extremely old. I had no memory of who she is or what she looked like, but I said to myself, "I bet she is in John McCain's age range".

Grow up Ezra. You seem to be shocked that things take place over time. Perhaps when you get a little older you will realize that instant gratification does not work for everything.

Lol Didn't see the rest of this. But Era raises a good point. Strom Thurmond was senator till the age of 100. A senile old segregationist voting on bills and deciding what direction the country went in. To me that doesn't seem like a good thing. A legislature needs experience but also energetic and competent people.

It wasn't about capability. It was more of whoever has been clinging on since the stone age with stone age ideologies should know when it's time to pass the torch. Politics should be about progress and fresh ideas, not someone in their 37th term in office.

Plus quite honestly, whenever there's a story like this, the person involved always seems to be older than WWII. I'm not sure even what it means, but that's always been the case.

I don't totally agree with that. Values can deteriorate for the worse. Hitler almost did not become Chancellor because an old WWI veteran who had experienced all the horrors, Von Hindenburg said no. If he didn't Hitler would have found becoming chancellor a piece of cake.

So John McCain is Von Hindenburg to Trump as Hitler. Or something like that. The historical Hitler analogies seem to know no bounds, there's always a fresh one around the corner.
They are in existence for a good reason.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 3:34 pm

EzraS wrote:
This whole thing is going to backfire and lead to the further demise of the Democrats.

jrjones9933 wrote:
Devin Nunes, R, Chair of the House Intelligence Committee destroyed his credibility today trying to provide cover for DJT.

I don't think that's whose credibility is being destroyed by this.

Certainty is the new facts.

Sunflower89
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2017, 9:12 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Oh o.k. I would characterize Fox as more than just relatively conservative. Fox is the messaging arm of the conservative movement.

I have my problems with Politifact but this is still pretty telling.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

Quote:
Statements made on FOX
True 17 (10%)
Mostly True 20 (12%)
Half True 31 (19%)
Mostly False 35 (21%)
False 49 (29%)
Pants on Fire 15 (9%)

If you get the chance and are interested I suggest you check out the film The Brainwashing of My Dad. It is actually a very good history of how Fox News started and how its biased and often false reporting effects it's viewers and even other news networks.

I'll check this out.