Page 3 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 5:39 pm

I feel that anybody who would call Obama "The Messiah" has a screw loose somewhere.

I think Obama would think so, too.

I know Obamacare sucks. My feelings about it are well-documented.

But what is it about Trump that makes people feel he's going to effect any sort of change in this country? He's just a guy that "goes with the flow."

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 5:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's worrying about Trump, frankly, is that he seems to have created a personality cult.

LOL. You mean like this?

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 6:01 pm

It's just that I've come across many Trump supporters who don't believe he can do any wrong. Like he is a source of salvation or something. Some people (not many) thought the same thing about Obama. Like I said, even Obama would probably think there's something wrong with them.

People who support Obama, the Bushes, Reagan, etc., usually are able to acknowledge the mistakes of these previous Presidents. They have a more objective, multifaceted view of them.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 6:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's just that I've come across many Trump supporters who don't believe he can do any wrong. Like he is a source of salvation or something. Some people (not many) thought the same thing about Obama. Like I said, even Obama would probably think there's something wrong with them.

People who support Obama, the Bushes, Reagan, etc., usually are able to acknowledge the mistakes of these previous Presidents. They have a more objective, multifaceted view of them.

As far as that goes, I really am not sure what to think of President Trump's answer to Obamacare.
I know I want Obamacare gone.
Beyond that, what will Trump's new plan be like?
There's all kinds of rumors, some of them including possible details I would strongly dislike.
So I can't really say I support Trump's healthcare plan
until I have more solid information about it,
and depending on whether I like what I see.
For now, the jury's still out.

As for Reagan, I was always a strong supporter. And still am. 8)

As for the Bushes, the first one lost me at "Read my lips, no new taxes" ... and then going back on his word.
The second one, I disagreed with how he handled the war with Iraq.

I think one reason why I support Trump so strongly here on Wrong Planet
is because of the ferocious attacks I see in these forums against him,
and I would like to present an alternative view.
There's another political forum I visit where the vast majority of people are pro-Trump,
so I tend not to post as often, or, as spiritedly there.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 8:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Many Trump detractors have acted considerably stranger. Even before he took office, they were calling him the worst president in history, calling him Hitler, calling for his impeachment, the riots and on and on. No signs of objectivity. No signs of holding a multifaceted view.

People who support Trump have seen and heard so much over the top vitriol spewed from the beginning, they probably don't believe much if any of what's being said against him for that reason. They probably see it all as an ongoing witch hunt by kooks and therefore automatically dismiss or argue against anything negative said about Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 10:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
They probably see it all as an ongoing witch hunt by kooks and therefore automatically dismiss or argue against anything negative said about Trump.

Which is often referred to as blind faith.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 10:08 pm

androbot01 wrote:
But why now?

Very simple. To avoid Comey being dragged into an investigation over Trump himself. While many former democrat voters fell for the ruse over Hillary Clinton's emails they must feel rather sheepish that they have helped vote into power an individual who has perfected corruption to an artform.

In any case Trump has a free pass for at least 4 years from the white American "heartland". People were sick of secrecy so trump answered their prayers by being openly corrupt.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 11:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
They probably see it all as an ongoing witch hunt by kooks and therefore automatically dismiss or argue against anything negative said about Trump.

Which is often referred to as blind faith.

I'm thinking more along the lines of automatically dismissing the negativity, because it was so overdone from the very beginning. And not just against Trump, but against them too calling them deplorables, racists, nazis, white-supremacists, physically attacking them, making death threats against them. All that stuff.

Which I suppose can be referred to as blind hatred.

Last edited by EzraS on 12 May 2017, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 12:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
But why now?

Very simple. To avoid Comey being dragged into an investigation over Trump himself.

So we should just disregard the fact that umpteen democrats said they thought Comey was unfit to hold the position of FBI director and wanted him replaced?

Disregard all that in favor of a conspiracy theory?

cyberdad wrote:
While many former democrat voters fell for the ruse over Hillary Clinton's emails they must feel rather sheepish that they have helped vote into power an individual who has perfected corruption to an artform.

In any case Trump has a free pass for at least 4 years from the white American "heartland". People were sick of secrecy so trump answered their prayers by being openly corrupt.

What corruption is that?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 5:16 am

EzraS wrote:
People who support Trump have seen and heard so much over the top vitriol spewed from the beginning, they probably don't believe much if any of what's being said against him for that reason.

That's a pretty lame reason to back Trump.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 May 2017, 5:50 am

like Steve Bannon said

the media is the opposition party, there is no such thing as a 'objective fact based journalism' on their part just propaganda

Comey should of been fired day 1 along with anybody else that could of been fired from previous administrations. Corrupt or incompetent, his games are over. Comey was the reason there wasn't a proper investigation into the Clinton's, he acted to protect them and was previously associated with the Clinton's thru business interests.

Also, last president to fire an FBI director... *drum roll*

Bill Clinton!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:04 am

Jacoby wrote:
the media is the opposition party,...

That's crap. 'The media" is not one thing, and is not ruling the country. If there was only one media outlet, state controlled, that would be a propaganda machine.

You are not wrong that media is biased. Each reporter clouds the report with his own experience of it. People often assume documentaries are fact, but they are not. They are one presentation of a subject. The point is that there should be lots of media outlets, acting independently of each other. And now, with the internet, information sources are even more available. So to say that the media is acting as one against Trump is ridiculous.

You may be interested in the works of Marshall McLuhan. He wrote that "the medium is the message."

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:19 am

serious CNN headline

not the entire media, just the MSM as ordered by their superiors

Most of our political media are former/current politicos in one way another in some sort of incestuous back and forth relationship so obviously not to be trusted. They wouldn't say something if it was positive and would lie to make something negative, they most definitely are the opposition party and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. Political media and Hollywood media are pretty much the same thing at this point, do you trust Hollywood?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:27 am

Jacoby wrote:
...Most of our political media are former/current politicos in one way another in some sort of incestuous back and forth relationship so obviously not to be trusted. They wouldn't say something if it was positive and would lie to make something negative, they most definitely are the opposition party and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. Political media and Hollywood media are pretty much the same thing at this point, do you trust Hollywood?

I don't trust any of them, that's my point. That's why it's better to have a lot of them, so many viewpoints are expressed. Then each of us has to make up our own minds.

While I agree that the agendas of some of the outlets are so obvious as to be funny, like the ice cream story you cited, I would rather have that then only one outlet.

Trump needs to stop whining about all the people who are out to get him and step it up a notch. This nonsense with Rosenstein's memo being the reason for the firing and then it turns out Trump was going to fire him all along. He needs to communicate with his people so they are on the same page.

And saying that Comey assured him on 3 occasions that he was not under investigation is totally inappropriate. Inappropriate if Comey told him that and inappropriate for Trump to ask.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:41 am

Trump has to do battle with the deep state, there are people quite literally out to get him who are working or formerly government officials. This isn't paranoia as evidence by the obvious spying on Trump & his associates by the previous administration and the 'mystery' of where all these leaks are coming from. How did they get the conversation from General Flynn again? The MSM and the deep state are closely related, we already know this to be true from the revelations from Wikileaks which showed the high level collusion between the DNC, Clinton campaign, and the MSM.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:45 am

The Trump ship is springing enough leaks to sink it. He will have to start plugging holes with his tiny fingers.

I am sure there are people who are out to get Trump, but that is always the way with strong leaders. There is nothing special in that.

It is Trump's own erratic behaviour that will be his downfall.