Deadly violence at white nationalist demonstration

Page 4 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:00 am

Just checking in to let you all know a what an absolute batsh*t crazy country you live in. Seriously, the rest of the world is quite staggered that there is a 1st world country that still hasn't moved on beyond this kind of shenanigans.

Warm regards,
Biscuitman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:53 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Just checking in to let you all know a what an absolute batsh*t crazy country you live in. Seriously, the rest of the world is quite staggered that there is a 1st world country that still hasn't moved on beyond this kind of shenanigans.

So, the U.S. is the ONLY "1st world country" to have racial tensions? Really?

U.K.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/23/britain-more-segregated-15-years-race-expert-riots-ted-cantle

And, if that's not good enough, for ya:

Australia
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/09/cronulla-summer-simmering-tension-race-riots-10-years

And these, particularly, made me smile:

Canada

This one discussing Canada's slave-era, and mistreatment of slaves, and rioting because of it:

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/the-shelburne-race-riots/

This one, confirming, IMO, the last:

http://www.cbc.ca/firsthand/m/features/the-first-recorded-race-riot-in-north-american-happened-on-canadian-soil

And this one, gets BONUS points, cuz it discusses BAD race relations in Canada AND Britain:

http://www.cbc.ca/firsthand/blog/dont-believe-the-hype-canada-is-not-a-nation-of-cultural-tolerance

Are you "staggered" by them, as well?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:18 am

KagamineLen wrote:
But on the other hand, I have to admit that it stung when I told my liberal family about a time I was a victim of homophobic violence, and all they had to say was "you're a white guy and privileged, so it wasn't real discrimination".

I'm so sorry that you had to endure this----both, the violence, and your family's reaction.

This is one of the reasons I'm so passionate about this topic----because there are entirely TOO MANY Liberals who, seemingly, believe they don't have a right to shout "discrimination", when it's a white person; and, that's just BEYOND wrong, IMO, cuz NO race should think / perpetuate that they're superior (meaning, IMO, black people [or non-gay people] who discriminate are, in essence, saying that their race [or lifestyle, for lack of a better word, in relation to non-gays] is superior).

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:24 am

Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
One of things that I found really interesting in the OP article, was where it said: "Attendees and journalists at the scene had said that police were not intervening to break up many of the fights, which were shared on social media.". I find that really interesting, and am wondering if it was because the cops agreed with the "FOR Lee Monument" people.

With all the visibility the cops don't want to put themselves at risk of crucifixion by doing their jobs and cracking some heads. One of these days sh!t like this is going to spill over into middle class neighborhoods and the residents won't put up with it. I for one won't tolerate having my house vandalized by mobs regardless of thier cause.

Yep, I hear ya.....

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:54 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
One of things that I found really interesting in the OP article, was where it said: "Attendees and journalists at the scene had said that police were not intervening to break up many of the fights, which were shared on social media.". I find that really interesting, and am wondering if it was because the cops agreed with the "FOR Lee Monument" people.

With all the visibility the cops don't want to put themselves at risk of crucifixion by doing their jobs and cracking some heads. One of these days sh!t like this is going to spill over into middle class neighborhoods and the residents won't put up with it. I for one won't tolerate having my house vandalized by mobs regardless of thier cause.

Yep, I hear ya.....

The law enforcement officers might have withheld their personal opinions, yes. But, years ago when I was a hate-crime adviser to the U.S. Office of the Attorney for the District of Utah, I learned that LEOs also withhold confronting or arresting outspoken individuals until crimes are committed (see the Constitution). During the same time (and since), I learned from former supremacists that, to a person, they all believed that they were encouraged by undercover LEOs to "get attention without violating any laws" (in advance and at the moment). So, their actions are largely bark without the bite, but can escalate quickly if rogue elements go off script. Most supremacists get older and regret their old ideologies and actions. Some speak out occasionally about their own involvement with manufactured "events." They admit that they were unwittingly used.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:22 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

no it is not, but I am not aware of others where folk walk around the street waving nazi flags and wearing kkk outfits

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:29 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

no it is not, but I am not aware of others where folk walk around the street waving nazi flags and wearing kkk outfits

http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2 ... s.html?m=1

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qbna ... rive-in-bc

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
NO person alive, TODAY, is a former slave owner----

Whites in the US are beneficiaries of a slave economy that basically helped build America

And, blacks are NOT beneficiaries of America?

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
and, most former slave owners, back-in-the-day, didn't call the slaves, "black".

I can't print what slaves would have been called back in the day. Suffice to say the average white American treated their pet animals better than how slaves were being treated (of course people love their pets)

WHY can't you print what slaves, were called? Darnedest thing I've ever heard----a non-American allowing themselves to be intimidated by American blacks!! Now, grant it, I'm not gonna use the word "n!gger" in a derogatory way, against black people, because that hurts them----but, I'll be dog-gone if I'm not gonna use that word, in THIS regard (and HAVE----right to black people's faces----and, the funniest thing, happened..... The black people I've encountered, have MUCH more respect for that).

As for how those whites treated those blacks: When one knows better, they DO better. As I've said, before, if you pooped in your pants, as an infant, would you STILL wanna be reminded of it, throughout the rest of your LIFE? That's how it is, for ME----and, I imagine, alot of whites living in major metropolitan areas----we're reminded on almost a DAILY basis, that we "pooped in our pants, in our infancy" (slavery).

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I'm descended from Native Americans----but I, nor none of my relatives (still on the reservation), don't still live with the legacy of slaughter, because we choose NOT to; and, if you think we're not still discriminated against, you need to think again. Just about any group one can think-of, has a legacy----the Native Americans have "The Trail of Tears", the gays have Stonewall, the Jewish have the Holocaust, etc.----but, ANY group can choose NOT to "live with" that legacy (as in, have it be a part of their near-every breath/thought).

Well this is a positive outlook and I agree with the philospohy

Then, why can't you agree with black people, ALSO, choosing this philosophy? (Not ALL black people, of course, DON'T choose it.)

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
If a black person can get-off a plane, here, from Barbados, and be called "brother", by an American black, then whites can call anybody a patriot, that they want----what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. At least when an American white calls a "white foreigner", a patriot, the foreigner doesn't LAUGH at them (because they're grateful / proud, to be accepted), like alot of foreign blacks laugh at American blacks, for calling them "brother", because, IME, alot of foreign blacks think most American blacks that they meet, are BEYOND ignorant. Foreign blacks don't NEED to be accepted by American blacks (they want to be accepted by Americans, as-a-whole, and do their best to acclimate)----and, the LAST thing they wanna do, generally speaking, is be like an American black; and, BECAUSE they want to acclimate, is the reason they're accepted, better, than alot of American blacks, who want to self-segregate.

Are you sure all of them want to self-segregate? you need to give people more time, it may take a few more generations for people to feel healed from social oppression. Heck my Irish brother in law tells me the Irish still feel hard done by by the English but they have had a few more hundred years than blacks to overcome this opression

Of COURSE, I can't prove that ALL of them want to self-segregate----that's why I said "alot", instead of "all".

As for giving people more time to heal: Unfortunately, I don't see some blacks healing, anytime soon, cuz as long as there's despicable / hateful people like these white supremacists, the people that they are against, are gonna get hurt / feel oppressed----but, here's the thing..... NO one, in this day-and-age, HAS TO allow themselves to be oppressed, because they can CHOOSE to NOT let it affect them / rise-above it.

It's funny that you mentioned the Irish, cuz I'm also of Irish descent----and, when I was a little kid, aside from being told, on a regular basis, not to tell anyone that we were Native Americans (cuz they were still considered, slime, in-those-days), NO one wanted to admit their Irish ancestry, either, because we were considered "scum of the earth", in those days (drunks, and lazy); but, guess what? NONE of us, let it get us down!! Then, you add "slow" or "ret*d", in the mix, as I (as well as most ASDers) was often called, and it would seem that I didn't have a snowball's chance, in Hell----but, gosh darn-it, here I AM; and, with nary a bitter bone, in my body.

The point IS, that ANYONE can CHOOSE to let their legacy roll-off of them----and, there are ALOT of blacks, that HAVE----OR, they can continue to waller in it, cuz, let's face it..... The squeaky wheel, gets the oil----but, those of us, who are self-respecting, can get our OWN oil, thankyou very much!!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:36 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

That's because America is "land of the free".

Most nations ban free speech.

Personally, I find pro-tax left wingers to be the scum of the Earth, but I don't think we should ban them from speaking their minds.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:51 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Maybe that's because the KKK and neo-Nazis are, AFAIK, "an American thing", so other countries would "walk around the street", in a DIFFERENT way----OR, you're just not aware, PERIOD, because there are plenty of KKK chapters in Europe (and even Canada and Mexico). Betcha didn't know THAT, huh?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:56 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Um, this ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4170083.stm ) happened years ago. Not surprising when one considers his grandmother showed off her skill with a Nazi salute ( https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/worl ... itain.html ) in 1933 with the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother and the future King Edward VIII. Prince Philip attended his older sister Cecile's funeral in 1937 Germany surrounded by high-ranking Nazis ( https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 01274.html ).

If these are the standards of political and racial diversity in the United Kingdom, the United States must have good company. Of course, unlike the United Kingdom where free speech isn't so free, the United States allows for such stupidity explicitly.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:10 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Yep, I hear ya.....

The law enforcement officers might have withheld their personal opinions, yes. But, years ago when I was a hate-crime adviser to the U.S. Office of the Attorney for the District of Utah, I learned that LEOs also withhold confronting or arresting outspoken individuals until crimes are committed (see the Constitution). During the same time (and since), I learned from former supremacists that, to a person, they all believed that they were encouraged by undercover LEOs to "get attention without violating any laws" (in advance and at the moment). So, their actions are largely bark without the bite, but can escalate quickly if rogue elements go off script. Most supremacists get older and regret their old ideologies and actions. Some speak out occasionally about their own involvement with manufactured "events." They admit that they were unwittingly used.

Yep, that's why it's bad when someone as horrible as this person, who drove over these people, does what they do, because then ALL people of whatever group are painted, with the same brush----and, even ALL people who are NOT of / in-agreement-with a certain group (ie, white conservatives - and you and me, for instance)----and, are not allowed their First Amendment right.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:13 am

Canadian Library Hosts Neo-Nazi Memorial Despite Outcry

Am I nitpicking in an attempt to unfairly disparage whole nations? Absolutely. Most American's are not Nazi's. The groups represent maybe 5% of the people. That is not to say most people everywhere do not fear difference and have prejudices, they do, but are not proud or open about it.

You see more open displays of it here because we are a much more extroverted culture and more protective of free speech. Running around with Nazi flags and KKK uniforms is perfectly legal. Even with all the talk of Islamophobia there has been no proposals I am aware of to ban the wearing of burka's.

You are not going to see much KKK support in Europe for the same reason you do not see Tory symbols in America.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:10 pm

/\ WOO-HOO, ASPartOfMe----you are, IMO, our resident "MASTER of Finding Internet Articles"----and, I wish I could've thought-of a more simple line, like "for the same reason you do not see Tory symbols in America.", cuz that was PERFECT!!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
(they) justify their hatred with all sort of claims that straight white Christians are getting shafted by those who very often have it worse than them.

Those racists who claim to be christian are the worst hypocrites.

Absolutely they are.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

I bet I can find the UK equivalent to that though.

Maybe you spend so much time focusing on America, you don't realize what's going on in your own homeland.