Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:27 am

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2017/08/27/stormfront_has_been_kicked_offline.html

Well ... Stormfront is finally dead.

... and nothing of value was lost.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:11 am

Nope, it just moved to the dark web.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 4:08 am

They only got kicked off godaddy.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

They'll pop up somewhere else maybe under a different name but with the same MO...

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm

Raptor wrote:
They'll pop up somewhere else maybe under a different name but with the same MO...

Sadly, they already have ... even before the site got shut down.

This is significant because Stormfront was the first major white supremacist site. It was the most infamous hate site on the internet for a long time. As a result, this almost feels like a historical event.

Sadly, there are plenty of other hate sites nowadays. That being said, this still feels significant because Stormfront was considered the hate site until recently.

Nowadays, most white nationalists use 4chan's /pol/ board, which is worse than Stormfront.

Interestingly, vnnforum.com is still running. That's a site for people who got booted off Stormfront for being too sexist and racist.

History has taken a step forward, but the battle is far from over.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:42 pm

Interesting fact: r/stormfront ... is about the weather. :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stormfront/

Remember when peta.org was claimed by "People Eating Tasty Animals"? This might be even better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 3:13 pm

Sure, Stormfront might resurface under a new name, or join the pedophiles, Islamist terrorists, and drug dealers on the dark web, but at the very least they've been given notice that their lives have just been made uncomfortable, and that they may very well expect this to happen to them from now on.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 7:57 pm

Why should we care if hateful people say hateful things? To me the bet way to deal with bigots is ignore them. Let them do their thing and the rest of us live real lives.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:04 pm

Well good riddance I say.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Why should we care if hateful people say hateful things? To me the bet way to deal with bigots is ignore them. Let them do their thing and the rest of us live real lives.

Yes but the trouble is to have a website you need some kind of host...if a company does not want to host a racist hate site, then they don't have to. I mean what do you suggest the government mandates that website hosts have to provide services to racist hate sites?

Lol this is ignoring them, they lost one of their main online platforms, and life goes on.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 28 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

This is one site that I can willingly say "Good riddance" to.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

BettaPonic wrote:

Because hateful words can turn into hateful actions.

Though to some degree I do agree bigots should be ignored in the instances where they represent a small, fringe group for whom not ignoring would serve to give them publicity and a platform which they can use to spread their hate and attract people to their cause.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, Stormfront might resurface under a new name, or join the pedophiles, Islamist terrorists, and drug dealers on the dark web, but at the very least they've been given notice that their lives have just been made uncomfortable, and that they may very well expect this to happen to them from now on.

Yeah they can have all the freedom of speech in the world....

However they are not protected from sabotaging themselves with it and gaining extreme public disapproval and such. Freedom of speech also means people who disagree with disgusting nazis don't have to host their websites, and businesses don't have to hire nazi employees.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 28 Aug 2017, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:10 pm

^^^ You have a nice first name.

My first name is drab.....Don.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah they can have all the freedom of speech in the world....

However they are not protected from sabotaging themselves with it and gaining extreme public disapproval and such. Freedom of speech also means people who disagree with disgusting nazis don't have to host their websites, and businesses don't have to hire nazi employees.

Absolutely.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:24 pm

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Because hateful words can turn into hateful actions.

Though to some degree I do agree bigots should be ignored in the instances where they represent a small, fringe group for whom not ignoring would serve to give them publicity and a platform which they can use to spread their hate and attract people to their cause.

I still believe anyone should be able to spread there ideas. I personally would not censor hateful opinions. I agree companies and websites have a right to block them. I just wouldn't. Censoring opinions to me is more likely to lead to violence. When people feel oppressed they get violent.