Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:13 pm

Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:
This Article indicates that he was diagnosed with Aspergers.

Makes absolute sense that a living myth would be one of us.

First off, I dissaprove of what he was doing. If he had lived in the woods, been a productive member of society, I would have some respect for him. Instead, he spent nearly 30 years ripping off other people, and creating what was essentially a giant litter pile in woods that were fairly pristine.

I'm of about the same opinion, but I don't care if he'd been a productive member of society or not. As long as he could support himself I'd have no issues. What I don't hold with is the habitual stealing from others. In all that time it's a wonder no one ever shot his ass.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 12:18 am

I don't see any indication of Asperger's. Just his issues being a result of years of isolation. Being kept away from the real world will do stuff to your brain. Also saying Asperger's is possible is not a diagnosis. They were just cobsidering it and seeing it as a possibility but it didn't seem official.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 4:34 pm

Raptor wrote:
Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:
This Article indicates that he was diagnosed with Aspergers.

Makes absolute sense that a living myth would be one of us.

First off, I dissaprove of what he was doing. If he had lived in the woods, been a productive member of society, I would have some respect for him. Instead, he spent nearly 30 years ripping off other people, and creating what was essentially a giant litter pile in woods that were fairly pristine.

I'm of about the same opinion, but I don't care if he'd been a productive member of society or not. As long as he could support himself I'd have no issues. What I don't hold with is the habitual stealing from others. In all that time it's a wonder no one ever shot his ass.

Probably because he was stealing from what were most likely Masshole summer campers, not actual backwoods Mainers who would live in those camps year round. Since the 1970's all of the 'Volvo People' from away have bought up any property next to nearly any body of water in Maine. --If actual Mainers lived there, he would have at least gotten lit up with some rock salt demotivation.