Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:33 am

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/p ... 35561.html

I was expecting to see footage of the actual explosion, but it's just the after effects of this bucket in a bag that was on fire.

I wouldn't have gone right up to the doors like those passengers did. 8O Were they mad?

I don't like this, obviously. There are too many incidents happening in London for me. I've been avoiding going into London at all, the only time I did recently was to see my friend. I remember reading a few weeks ago of this bang sound at Holborn station, either on the tube or in the station itself. I used to use that line all the time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 8:28 am

Luckly the bomber(s) this time were not to sophisticated.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 2:16 pm

^

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 47781.html

Quote:
Parsons Green terror attack: London tube station IED bomb blast leaves 29 people injured.

:(

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 3:07 am

Most of the speculation is around one clueless individual hence why he got the device wrong so it never exploded and they think it even went off at the wrong time too.

Doesn't feel to encouraging with people hurt though obviously.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 3:09 am

Interesting that the first thing at bottom of this thread is

Quote:
Similar Topics
Aspie student charged with planting bomb on London Tube
in News and Current Events
26 May 2017, 11:10 am
Woodpecker View the latest post

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 3:16 am

a reporter on the australian news said "the bomb did not explode properly".
well if it did not explode "properly", then it simply did not explode.
so the addition of the word "properly" to her sentence wasted about a calorie of energy, and when we think of all the starving people in timbuktu, it is quite a sad situation indeed.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 3:28 am

^^^ It did not explode properly. There was a fire flash rather than a huge bang, so people were mostly singed (hopefully not too badly) instead of being blown apart. If you wish to get into semantics about what constitutes an "explosion" then go ahead.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 4:55 am

Trueno wrote:
^^^ It did not explode properly. There was a fire flash rather than a huge bang, so people were mostly singed (hopefully not too badly) instead of being blown apart. If you wish to get into semantics about what constitutes an "explosion" then go ahead.

i apologize for my light hearted statement..
i must remember that what i write may be taken seriously because i do not use emoticons.

so, unfortunately you have roped me into explaining what i said.
ok.

an explosion is a sudden expansion of volume of a contained substance that bursts forth from it's constraints.

in some cases, the explosive is contained in a hard shell that breaks open and releases the energy rapidly.

in other cases, a complex atomic structure of a molecule is tenuously contained in a very tight structure with an equilibrium that can be upset by detonation (eg c4).

so the simple "flash point" ignition of the components of the bomb does not constitute an explosion.

you should have realized i was joking when i suggested the tautology expended a single calorie that could otherwise feed a starving person in an imbecilically nominated place like "timbuktu"

anyway whatever.
i am sorry if people got injured.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 5:55 am

No problem b9. I'm afraid the emoticon wouldn't have helped as I have a bit of an aversion to them... heh! heh! (I think the heh! heh! works a bit better... but I might be wrong).
The point at which people take statements seriously on this forum is a movable feast, I'm afraid... it was too early in the morning here and I hadn't had my second coffee.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:09 am

Trueno wrote:
No problem b9. I'm afraid the emoticon wouldn't have helped as I have a bit of an aversion to them... heh! heh! (I think the heh! heh! works a bit better... but I might be wrong).
The point at which people take statements seriously on this forum is a movable feast, I'm afraid... it was too early in the morning here and I hadn't had my second coffee.

i can mostly understand what you said.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:36 am

Mostly is good by my usual standards.