Page 2 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Here is an idea quit being so toxic, might make you feel better.

You might call it being toxic, others might call it pointing out people's BS.

I wonder if anyone else sees the irony in you trying to shame me into silence....

Trying to shame people into silence is not uncommon here.
I've been called "toxic" a few times and take it as a compliment, given the accusers. In fact, I end my rebuttal with something like "Yours truly, The Toxin". It could be considered a taunt, and maybe it is a little, but to me it's me telling them that their attempt to silence me aint workin'.
Same for being called a troll or a bully, too.

There have been a few who have tried to get the kid to shut up. I'm still posting, they're not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:06 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
How many times do Breitbart or Fox admit it when they get caught in a lie?

So you admit cnn were caught in a lie? The whole thing was fake news?

No, I said one of their people had overstepped his bounds. They had owed up to a mistake, unlike Fox or Breitbart.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Really this thread is just one in a long series of "Trump is the next Hitler" propaganda. That's what most of these boil down to.

Just another spin on the same theme. Some of the comments and jargon being used are like experiencing deja vu.

I didn't say Trump is the next Hitler; just that democracy is endangered by him.

I didn't say you said anything. However full fledged totalitarian leader is mighty close to the mark. But I'm mainly referring to the overall all over the place 24/7 Trump is Hitler and his supporters are nazis approach.

Sorry, I had the impression that had been directed at me.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No, I said one of their people had overstepped his bounds. They had owed up to a mistake, unlike Fox or Breitbart.

Didn't he say the story was "mostly BS"? You don't think that amounts to lying? Especially given how aggressively they pursued the story and how much importance they gave it?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
What's interesting is that right below this is, and note the date of 8 years ago,
Quote:
Similar Topics
US president will have power to SHUT DOWN INTERNET!
[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]
in News and Current Events
23 Jul 2009, 3:35 pm
Acebrock View the latest post

The UK government says this kind of stuff after terror attacks too, most governments probably do. You have to remember these politicians don't always understand the technology they're dealing with or understand what is possible and what isn't. That's why there are two types of people...those who simply ignore politicians when they say this kind of stuff, and those who shriek hysterically about how the government wants to silence them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 12:12 am

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Didn't he say the story was "mostly BS"? You don't think that amounts to lying? Especially given how aggressively they pursued the story and how much importance they gave it?

Regardless of the discredited CNN employee, Robert Mueller certainly has evidence that there's something to the story.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 3:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regardless of the discredited CNN employee, Robert Mueller certainly has evidence that there's something to the story.

It's been long enough, when do we get to see it?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:09 am

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's been long enough, when do we get to see it?

It hasn't been long enough. The Watergate investigation had dragged on and on. Mueller is compelling Donny Jr to talk to him, as well as Kushner, and little Flynn.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
It hasn't been long enough. The Watergate investigation had dragged on and on. Mueller is compelling Donny Jr to talk to him, as well as Kushner, and little Flynn.

LOL ok :D

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:21 am

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Here you go. And it's a good example of what I call sensationalism.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/mat ... 5195843661

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And I'm sure Nixon's supporters had chuckled over investigations into Watergate, too.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And I'm sure Nixon's supporters had chuckled over investigations into Watergate, too.

You're equating this with Watergate purely on time. Watergate had lots of suspicious things that needed investigating and unravelling, lots of evidence that needed to be tied to the guilty, motives and sub-plots unravelled until eventually Nixon had to resign.

With this Russia thing you have CNN saying there is collusion but there is no evidence and CNN admit in private the story is "mostly BS". In the time since the scandal was suggested there has been no movement at all, nothing has happened, there is no evidence, no nothing. I think you're grasping at straws by equating the two. Don't worry though, by playing the long game you'll never have to admit you're wrong.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You're equating this with Watergate purely on time. Watergate had lots of suspicious things that needed investigating and unravelling, lots of evidence that needed to be tied to the guilty, motives and sub-plots unravelled until eventually Nixon had to resign.

With this Russia thing you have CNN saying there is collusion but there is no evidence and CNN admit in private the story is "mostly BS". In the time since the scandal was suggested there has been no movement at all, nothing has happened, there is no evidence, no nothing. I think you're grasping at straws by equating the two. Don't worry though, by playing the long game you'll never have to admit you're wrong.

You get all your news from Fox, Breitbart, and all those other "reputable" news sources, don't you? Otherwise, you'd know Trump has been getting loans from Russian oligarchs through Deutsche Bank (because no one else will lend money to a deadbeat like him), and has in turn laundered money for them. Trump's man, Paul Manafort, had been Putin's American fixer in Ukraine, while General Flynn had also been an unregistered agent for the Kremlin. Putin has a huge network of cyber trolls working to undermine the democracy of several countries, including the US. Donny Jr had met with a Kremlin connected lawyer who promised to dish dirt on Clinton. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I aint the one wrong here.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
You get all your news from Fox, Breitbart, and all those other "reputable" news sources, don't you? Otherwise, you'd know Trump has been getting loans from Russian oligarchs through Deutsche Bank (because no one else will lend money to a deadbeat like him), and has in turn laundered money for them. Trump's man, Paul Manafort, had been Putin's American fixer in Ukraine, while General Flynn had also been an unregistered agent for the Kremlin. Putin has a huge network of cyber trolls working to undermine the democracy of several countries, including the US. Donny Jr had met with a Kremlin connected lawyer who promised to dish dirt on Clinton. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I aint the one wrong here.

Why would I get my news from those places? I'm in the UK, I mainly care about UK news and from less biased resources. It's funny you (rightly) attack news orgs like Fox and Breitbart yet you defend cnn despite numerous exposes where it's proven they've made news up to suit their agenda.

That's all anyone needs to know about you really.

As for the things you mentioned I see you're expanding the issue from the Russia including the American election to Trump having any relation with Russia. Strawman argument.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:42 pm

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 6:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Here is an idea quit being so toxic, might make you feel better.

You might call it being toxic, others might call it pointing out people's BS.

I wonder if anyone else sees the irony in you trying to shame me into silence....

Trying to shame people into silence is not uncommon here.
I've been called "toxic" a few times and take it as a compliment, given the accusers. In fact, I end my rebuttal with something like "Yours truly, The Toxin". It could be considered a taunt, and maybe it is a little, but to me it's me telling them that their attempt to silence me aint workin'.
Same for being called a troll or a bully, too.

Suggesting someone be less toxic is trying to 'silence' them...that's odd.

Also how is it pointing out peoples bullsh*t to come into a thread criticizing Trump...and essentially post 'but the left/hillary did this or that.' as if it justifies any and every wrong committed on the right? That doesn't challenge any of the criticisms towards trump....