Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/charles-manson-dead-mastermind-behind-murder-sharon-tate-was-83-961205

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:14 am

Can anyone today imagine Manson's life taking such a detour where he might have become a musical peer of the Beach Boys or the Beatles, rather than a caged psychopathic mastermind of multiple murders?
No, neither can I.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:30 am

...i suppose the remaining newsstands - and TV and the Internet too - will groan underneath the weight of reminiscnses/ digging up/ crazy theories-" revelations " about his actions now - The Enquirer, and Time-Life, too, probably have their presses running overtime right now! 8O
Did the death get announced early enough for the N.Y. Daily News and Post to have it on their front pages? How about the N.Y. Times - Will they be so non-dignified as to have it on their top fold, front page? And the UK tabloids?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 6:27 am

Sixties icons, the loathed as well as the loved, the infamous as well as the famous, are all dropping like flies now.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

There was a weird rumor that went around here years ago. Charlie supposedly said in an interview that if he ever got paroled he was moving here.As to where I live. 8O Never found any info that confirmed this,but I'm sure glad he never got out.
We had a similar character called the Fou,otherwise known as Emory Lamb.He claimed to be some sort of prophet.Convinced two young people to hijack a tour bus,hold the people hostage on the bridge in the middle of town.
Big police standoff,the Fou told them they would be reborn if they died or some other malarkey.So they shot each other right there on the bridge in front of the hostages.
After that the cops hated him,once they loaded him up and drove him to the county line and tossed him out.When they got back to town,there he was.Somehow he had beaten them back.
Later on after he died it became a teenage rite of passage to go poke around his old house.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:31 pm

The families of his victims can finally get the sense of inner peace they have anticipated for almost fifty years.

Glad he is finally gone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:50 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...i suppose the remaining newsstands - and TV and the Internet too - will groan underneath the weight of reminiscnses/ digging up/ crazy theories-" revelations " about his actions now - The Enquirer, and Time-Life, too, probably have their presses running overtime right now! 8O
Did the death get announced early enough for the N.Y. Daily News and Post to have it on their front pages? How about the N.Y. Times - Will they be so non-dignified as to have it on their top fold, front page? And the UK tabloids?

The tabloids made a big deal
New York Post Covers
New York Daily News Cover

The New York Times just had a picture of him on the lower right corner of the paper with the caption "Charles Manson 83"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There was a weird rumor that went around here years ago. Charlie supposedly said in an interview that if he ever got paroled he was moving here.As to where I live. 8O Never found any info that confirmed this,but I'm sure glad he never got out.
We had a similar character called the Fou,otherwise known as Emory Lamb.He claimed to be some sort of prophet.Convinced two young people to hijack a tour bus,hold the people hostage on the bridge in the middle of town.
Big police standoff,the Fou told them they would be reborn if they died or some other malarkey.So they shot each other right there on the bridge in front of the hostages.
After that the cops hated him,once they loaded him up and drove him to the county line and tossed him out.When they got back to town,there he was.Somehow he had beaten them back.
Later on after he died it became a teenage rite of passage to go poke around his old house.

Hm, never heard of Emory Lamb. Apparently, he could run real fast.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:22 pm

I guess it's true, only the good die young. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 1:16 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

Mother Theresa? Ghandi? Dalai Lama is still going strong...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 1:37 am

I guess both him as well as the little H were frustrated artists of a sort.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:04 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Sixties icons, the loathed as well as the loved, the infamous as well as the famous, are all dropping like flies now.

well, yeah, they're old af.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Mother Theresa? Ghandi? Dalai Lama is still going strong...

Christ was martyred at age 33 for preaching peace, MLK was martyred at age 40 for preaching peace.
Gandhi was felled by an assassin's bullets for preaching peace as well. Granted Gandhi was 78 when it happened so he didn't exactly "die young", but even so I wouldn't use Gandhi to argue your point. Be aware that Gandhi was assassinated.

Just sayin'.

But you are right. Mother Theresa, and the Dalai Lama, many Popes and other positive secular and religious role models were/are very much alive and active to an advanced age. And Jeffery Daumier, got stabbed to death by a fellow inmate, and the recent Las Vegas shooter died by his own hand before the cops even got to him. And though he was middle aged and in bad health Osama Bin Ladin still coulda lived a long time if the Seals hadn't fed him lead. So yeah many evil folks do die young, and many good folks don't die young.

That is a curious expression: "only the good die young". It obviously isn't literally true.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:23 am

but so many evil bastards live an exceptionally long and healthy life, they are energy vampires sucking the lifeforce from the rest of us, that is how they do it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
That is a curious expression: "only the good die young". It obviously isn't literally true.

Made for a good Billy Joel song though :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
but so many evil bastards live an exceptionally long and healthy life, they are energy vampires sucking the lifeforce from the rest of us, that is how they do it.

it's called capitalism