Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

I'm American and pretty much every news article in my country is about either guns or Trump. It's so sad.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 5:02 pm

I know, I think of myself as a news junkie, and now I stay off the internet for days at a time. Its a sad state of affairs, to be sure.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

It's not just America,it's all over the world.We have it better than most.Electricity,hospitals,grocery stores with food,and no tanks rolling thru our yards.It could be much worse.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

staremaster wrote:
I know, I think of myself as a news junkie, and now I stay off the internet for days at a time. Its a sad state of affairs, to be sure.

Today there is even a news item about Trump tweeting condolences to the victims of the wrong shooting. Addressing the victims of one shooting by the town name of a shooting of a previous week ( cant totally blame Trump for this one gaff because we have had so damned many mass shootings lately that its hard for anyone to keep track of them).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
staremaster wrote:

Today there is even a news item about Trump tweeting condolences to the victims of the wrong shooting. Addressing the victims of one shooting by the town name of a shooting of a previous week ( cant totally blame Trump for this one gaff because we have had so damned many mass shootings lately that its hard for anyone to keep track of them).

I didn't know he pulled that sort of boner. :?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

staremaster wrote:

I need to find a way of doing the same. I am obsessed by world news and feel the need to know what is happening all the time. More and more these days I find it quite overwhelming and it gets me down, it gets in the way of me doing stuff and keeps me awake at night.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 12:14 pm

Trump drank water *during* a press conference ...

One person asks: Has this man never opened a bottle of water ?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thirsty-trum ... 33489.html

gabemai314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Solar System, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe

16 Nov 2017, 12:25 pm

I completely agree with the KiKi1256. Whether or not you are a supporter of Donald Trump's policies and the 2nd Amendment (both of which I support), the 24-hour news cycle and the motivation for profit has destroyed most if not all journalism ethics :(.

TwelfthDoctorFan
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Nov 2017, 2:30 pm

Kiki1256, I have been struggling with the same issue of doom and gloom in the news. I know "if it bleeds it leads", but maybe taking a sabbatical from the news cycle for a while is your best bet. It's been recommended to me, but it's not easy is it? :heart: Good luck.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm

Of course most of the news is about Trump, he is only the president and only does something to create a stir everyday. On the rare days he doesn't, they can always talk about something trivial like how much ice cream he gets.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump drank water *during* a press conference ...

One person asks: Has this man never opened a bottle of water ?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thirsty-trum ... 33489.html

I think part of the critical humor directed at him stems from the fact that he had ridiculed Marco Rubio when he had awkwardly taken a drink of water during the Republican response to an Obama State of the Union address. Now it's Trump's turn to look foolish when he needs an inopportune drink of water.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 6:25 pm

Well....

If you tire of North Korea, and of Trump, there is always...

George Herbert Walker Bush, Harvey Wienstien, Roy Moore, Louis CK, and everyone else in the world whom you have ever heard of being exposed for being sexual predators!

Its [sigh.....] quite a varied diet you have on the news these days! Trump, the Norks, and sexual predation. Isnt three choices enough for you?