Disabled Alleged Trump Supporter Kidnapped and Tortured

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 6:34 am

The news on this broke some time ago, but I've been waiting for more than just the right wing leaning news sites to pick up the story. Still waiting for American media to do it afaik, but the Guardian picked up the story and it looks like a pretty thorough piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... cago-trump

I know events are unfolding quickly and a more complete story will be able to be presented after the police press charges, but if the roles were reversed, a black disabled Hillary supporter and four whites, I know this would be getting wall to wall coverage in all the mainstream media of America, and that pisses me off.

I just saw that other thread about the Chicago murder rate, I knew it was ridiculously high, but I didn't know it was that high. Why are you such a s**thole, Chicago?

I think the police have to charge them with a hate crime here. If they don't, then what more do you need? The answer better not be white skin.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

The guardian is anti Semitic leftist garbage.
And there will be crickets on this site as his site is dominated by autist cultural Marxist communists

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 9:12 am

That's sick.

Want to tell me there's no race problem in the States??

Want to tell me there is, but it's entirely a white-on-black thing?? Want to tell me the white male is always the bigot??

You know something?? There's no race problem in the States. Race (religion, politics, sexual orientation, whatever) is just the excuse the problem throws up to hide itself.

If it's about the n****r (spick, Chinese, towelhead, cracker), if it's about the muzzle (devil worshipper, dot-head, k*e, Jesus-freak), if it's about the queer... THEN IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE STREAM OF PUTRID FECES POURING OUT OF YOUR HEAD, YOUR HEART, YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU NEED TO ADULT THE EFF UP AND DEAL WTH.

The problem is about divisiveness, about blame, about hating The Other instead of dealing with the problems oneself (just like it always has been and always will be).

We are so completely screwed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 10:56 am

I saw the video on the news so some media are picking it up. There have been a couple of anti white/Trump incidents in New York City.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Jan 2017, 11:18 am

The media is should be held accountable for fomenting violence against Trump supporters and cops, there 100% is a fake news problem in this country and it comes from the progressive 'institutions' which have been corrupted to their core. This is the logical result of their demagoguery, they projected their own violent fantasies out on innocent Trump supporters as it has become so abundantly clear. One side has waged an organized and spontaneous campaign of violence and intimidation and it's not Trump.

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

Well of course, as any of us who endured being "The Outcast" in school knows, whatever is unpopular either politically, sexually, or otherwise automatically is what we are. Picking on disabled or challenged people is much broader than just a racial "hate crime."

The Guardian reports, without elaboration or confirmation, that the victim was a school acquaintance of one of the perpetrators.

So as any of us already knows, it's less about the Russians or Trump or the sexual minorities or the Democrats or Republicans than it is about bashing the "ret*d," which is what they used to call me in school. I'm sure many of us have similar "pet names" from back in the day.

Sad that the perpetrators don't appreciate Trump more. Bashing the weak is very much in line with the libertarian/right wing/"personal responsibility" movement. The attackers may have more in common with him than they think. Although I have to point out, in acknowledging those here who are also Trump supporters, that a lot of people writing about Trump in the media don't actually know much about him. Part of this is Trump's fault, as he's been intentionally misleading and mysterious about himself while running for office, but the other part of it is crass profiteering by inventing news. In any case, for someone to attack a powerless young man in retaliation for the election of a billionaire, is on the surface completely reprehensible.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The media is should be held accountable for fomenting violence against Trump supporters and cops, there 100% is a fake news problem in this country and it comes from the progressive 'institutions' which have been corrupted to their core. This is the logical result of their demagoguery, they projected their own violent fantasies out on innocent Trump supporters as it has become so abundantly clear. One side has waged an organized and spontaneous campaign of violence and intimidation and it's not Trump.

Yes there's no extreme fringe groups on the right, no one on the right has ever spread false news or anything like that. Its only evil progressive liberals....there is absolutely no corruption whatsoever on the right and Trump is 100% anti-establishment(regardless of the fact he's hiring very pro-establishment people who want to impose social conservative values on everyone. In fact the left is the enemy...this incident here proves it. :roll:

Also its all over facebook, most articles refer to the victim as a disabled individual, and one of the kidnappers was a former classmate...and the police say it wasn't politically motivated and its not known whether or not the victim even was a trump supporter, they just at some point said f**k trump and were trying to make him say it or something to that effect.

This is a sick crime and those sh*theads need to be prosecuted, but yeah it is pretty disrespectful to use this incident to point fingers. I imagine more of that is to come though....But yeah since you're so convinced its the left and the left alone that is the problem in this country then I suppose those people who think those of us with aspergers are likely mass shooters are correct after all. I mean clearly if one person with aspergers commits and/or supports violence we all do....right? Its kind of interesting you don't see you're essentially doing the same thing with your constant negative generalizations of the left, liberals and progressives based on actions of few and corruption in the democratic party(which by the way hardly represents the majority of liberals and progressives, a lot of the reason hillary lost). Its like calling anyone who supports trump or even saw him as the lesser evil than Hillary a racist , except you're pretty much accusing those on the left of all being extremists which is just as ridiculous.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 4:11 pm

Apparently the perpetrators where charged with a hate crime, in spite of all the people who were concerned it wouldn't be classed as a hate crime due to the perpetrators being black.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525549?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 5:02 pm

seems like in Illinois "physically disabled" is not a basis for a "hate crime"

EDIT:

" (a) A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals"
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/do ... 12-7.1.htm

No "physical disability".

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Apparently the perpetrators where charged with a hate crime, in spite of all the people who were concerned it wouldn't be classed as a hate crime due to the perpetrators being black.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38525549?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Good.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 5:35 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
seems like in Illinois "physically disabled" is not a basis for a "hate crime"

EDIT:

" (a) A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals"
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/do ... 12-7.1.htm

No "physical disability".

The quote says "physical or mental disability" clearly including physical disability in the definition.

Bob8644
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2017, 5:52 pm

Absolutely disgusting. Glad these punks won't hurt anyone anymore.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 6:10 pm

Please don't blame peaceful protesters who are attempting to ensure their civil rights are upheld for the alleged violent actions of these 4.

The alleged attackers appear to have identified the victim as white and disabled, which identification was part of the motive for their attack, so the hate crime charge was warranted in addition to the other serious charges. I pray the suspects have a fair trial and if they are guilty they be strongly punished.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 6:58 pm

Very sick,cowardly people.Not very bright either,I hope their film helps put them away for a long time.Nice of them to provide the evidence.
Did they think anyone would be impressed by this??Four against one is bad enough,but a disabled kid??
Nothing bad ass about these four,just hateful dumbasses.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

Adamantium wrote:
The quote says "physical or mental disability" clearly including physical disability in the definition.

Thanks, missed that.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 7:46 pm

I used to have a friend who was very right-wing. BNP supporter, Daily Mail reader, the works. Further to the right than the average Trump supporter.

He was also HFA. He advertised his views quite openly in class (at a school approaching 40% Muslim and/or ethnic minority to boot) and many people who wouldn't otherwise tolerate (what is now known as) alt-right views tolerated what he had to say or only debated it slightly because they knew he was disabled. He was a great guy apart from the politics.

These people on the other hand are ANIMALS. Listen, many of us don't like that Trump got in but we're learning to live with it. Taking it out on a poor autistic kid is nothing short of barbaric.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~