What are the odds of this being another William Freund?

Page 4 of 22 [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:06 pm

the prayer thread is fine, namiko.

Vivi
(as Mod)

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:11 pm

Quote:
do you think the media will find out that he was on WrongPlanet.net?

Depends on how deep they look into things.

Murders in urban areas are a dime a dozen so the media won't put too much attention on this.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:13 pm

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 5:21 pm

okay, folks - this is where we are at the moment. alex has spoken to the authorities, and shown them the site. that's seems to be it, as far as they are concerned, for the time being.

alex has also prepared a short statement for any press enquiries:

"It's a tragic incident. William was obviously very troubled, but I think its best to let his family and the family of those affected grieve in privacy".

any updates will be posted here, and not on any other thread. also, please post any questions here, so that everyone knows what's happening.

thank you for your patience.

Vivi
(as Mod)

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 5:38 pm

Orange County CA is one of the Richest Counties in the US and this was done in a new gated subdivision. This will be investigated. Trust me.

Now if this happened in Compton say, it would not have even made local news.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 6:03 pm

i doubt the media will take interest in the fact that he was a member here. there are probably other web sites that he was more actively involved with. if they do look in to his internet habits, they will probably investigate his involvement with the pro-suicide site that he mentioned.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:30 pm

The first thing that sprung to my head was motive.

Those people possibly gave him a hard life, (the ones from school), but that is no excuse for what he did.

It is not the sites fault that this has happened, it has been mixed up in something terrible.

I also don't think it's ecstacias fault for anything, unless she can see into the future.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:53 pm

Ante wrote:
Even here there was nothing people could do to help because people like MishLuvsHer2Boys, bobaloo, NeantHumain, hale_bopp, Wowbagger, Serissa and aspiegirl2 were too cynical to believe WillFreund, wanted to pass the buck to someone else because they can't be bothered trying to care at all themselves or made comments that showed no understanding and only offered unhelpful advice that ignored the person's problems.

Actually that isn't it at all, yes I'm cynical but making threats on an internet forum can't get you the help someone in the same physical location can... that's honestly the truth. And plus I don't believe the internet is the place for that sort of thing as we can't know fully if the person is telling the truth or not. Yes I've seen one woman talk like that in another forum, turns out she was just trying to get a rouse out of those on the forum, that's why I am cynical. We all tried to help this woman only to find out that she was a fake. Sorry but I don't consider being cautious as to what to believe on the net or not as 'passing the buck'.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:05 pm

uhhm excuse me but I did not say whether I did or didin't believe him, I never really saw any of his posts or knew who he was until after this had happened.

Why did you include my name, Ante?

Even If I was one of those people (WHICH IM NOT) i would not be held responsible as to what had happened.

I've been on the internet for nearly 7 years, and TRUST me, This is one of those boy who cried wolf happenings. The number of people that act like that and say stuff like that online are in the millions.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:07 pm

Ante wrote:
I demand that ecstasia be banned from the chatroom for dismissing WillFreund's problems by banning him. I think that's just the kind of action that makes a suicidal/homicidal/psychotic person feel worse. We need tolerance on a site for people with Asperger's syndrome. Not everyone here can behave respectfully all the time because people have behavioural and emotional problems as you would expect of people on the Autistic spectrum and banning people from accessing somewhere is completely unfair. I bet nothing will be done though, because she's one of the powerful elite here and people will protect her.

Ante, you're an ass. Noone's to blame for what WillFreund did, least of all anyone on WrongPlanet. You can't help someone who refuses to be helped. Stop trying to lay blame for his actions, on others. He was plainly psychotic. You can't blame anyone for his actions, except him. There's no justifying murder; that's exactly what it is.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:12 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:12 pm

I think Ante should be IP banned from this site for that.

Shifting the blame on members as if it was our duty to save him, even if we never even saw any of his posts.

Even if the psychiatrist couldn't stop him, It wouldn't be his fault!!

Last edited by hale_bopp on 30 Oct 2005, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:13 pm

While some members may have been insensitive to him, it is unlikely, IMO, that they had any bearing on the final outcome of the murder/suicide. WillFreund1 wasn't responding positively to what advice was being offered, and there is no way anybody can take any responsibility for him pulling the trigger. The only thing I can't figure out is why didn't any neighbors return fire? :?

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:16 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:16 pm

Just found the thread, and saw that I did think he wasn't being serious.
]
None of my posts in it were belittling him or anything, just said that the "buahahha" made it look like a joke, and wasn't sure of the seriousness of the thread.

I don't see what I did was wrong, as i'm used to seeing posts like that and none of them are ever telling the truth.

Maybe i'll just refrain from posting in those sort of threads all together.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 30 Oct 2005, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 9:22 pm

Fair play to NeantHumain for admitting he made a mistake and wanting to learn from it. Now that we have estabelished that the internet is not the place for suicidal threats or thoughts how long before we start banning self-harmers or start disbelieving and mocking victims of sexual abuse?