What are the odds of this being another William Freund?

Page 1 of 22 [ 350 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 3:35 am

Im shocked but not surprised. I disagree with anyone who talks about hindsight, the guy talked about killing himself, causing carnage and guns on just about every post he made and dominated his talk in the IRC chatroom. Whether anyone here could have stopped it or not is a different manner but id like to see people baiting a suicide thread took as seriously as the much lesser offences get.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 3:38 am

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
Wow, that's kinda messed up. I guess it's not possible that its somehow an old article that he modeled his avatar on? Or it could be a practical joke in poor taste?

No, the news is new according to yahoo, they wouldnt be involved in a practical joke and Will Fruend has been a member here for much longer than that.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 6:41 am

Jeez...

A week ago I tried to track down either his home address or phone number so I could tell his parents to do something, but there were too many Freunds in the white pages. I don't suppose there's any point in blaming myself for not trying hard enough, but it's still nauseating to think about.

lenny77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

30 Oct 2005, 7:16 am

thats shocking!
i never read him until now.
i just read his last post. he was looking for a real life friendship.
it seems to me that he was absolute desperate.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 7:39 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:00 am

If it is him I tried, even nothing is a success in in Life for us all we must remember that we all need help and if we can help each other we must, truly help each other even the more. Are we all fools, remember that we are mere humans, and need the such help from each other. It is how we all can help each other that truly matters in LIFE. We all should mourn all their deaths then. For what we here could not do.

FOR I WILL MOURN ALL THAT DIED, VERY MUCH SO.

That is how I see it. We are all brothers and sisters are we not.

That is all I have to say about it.

It may sound hard but that is really LIFE.

Isn't it.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:16 am

I stand as guilty as anyone, but in future we should remember that aspies tend not to over-exaggerate things, and if someone says they are suicidal, we should take it seriously.

However, I agree with Vivi on one thing. That is there is very little we could actually DO over the internet. His parents appear to be wealthy, so THEY are to blame for not using their resources to help their son (pay for private councelling, etc).

lenny77

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

30 Oct 2005, 8:20 am

Ante wrote:
This is proof that some people with Asperger's syndrome might need to be sectioned in a mental institution. The people here can't take responsibility for what's happened because we didn't know him personally. I think the people to blame the most are the school he attended. I've thought for a while now that educational institutions need psychiatrists and psychologists evaluating all the students and making sure none of them are going untreated for mental problems. He clearly needed medication, therapy and support from professionals because he couldn't cope with life on his own.

therapy? not a good idea, in my opinion. a secure place in society and family is the best thing for an aspi (and for NTs too of course!!) things like this dont only happen because of mental problems!!

KateSmith
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2005, 8:25 am

This whole thing just sends me into tears because there were so many times when I actually talked to WillFrieund. Willfeund e mailed me a letter which was for pro suicide site and it said

william freund
Monday, August 22, 2005 2:35 AM
mnrkate
WIllfreund from wrong planet

This is what willfreund said and I still have the letter.
Hey kate. Maybe http://ashbusstop.org/home.html? is for you. Its a
site for pro suicide. Has some interesting chat room and alot of
articules about it.
Im not going to be ok either, Some brain pattern will always be different

So I kind of personnally knew Willfreund, and I will be very very very sad for a very very very long time.

Last edited by KateSmith on 30 Oct 2005, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:26 am

I wish I could have been more of a friend to him.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:29 am

Damn... where's Renagade when you need him?????......... :(

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:32 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:33 am

eamonn wrote:
dam*... where's Renagade when you need him?????......... :(

please...he was wearing a mask and cape...i serioulsy hope none of this shite gave hin the idea

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:38 am

No Tom he was talking about suicide and carnage long before Renagade came about. There are still a lot of questions hanging over this and most of them unlikely to be answered but i can guarantee you that a superhero character made for a bit of fun is NOT the reason Will Fruend went out to kill today. I havent even seen him on the site since Renagade came about so i doubt he even seen it.

Renagade
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2005, 8:40 am

ok for me then I guess.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 8:41 am

Unfortunately there are a lot of professionals that dont care either but professional help could have helped him if/when he got over this, if only to let him see there are far worse places to be than at home. Or at least it would help stop the bullying if he is under surveilence. Sometimes a change of scenery and a break from your life is all that it takes for someone to come to their senses.