Blue Jay

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2008, 7:38 pm

michillimackinac wrote:
http://www.thelocal.se/15742.html

20 hours? Lightweight.

He clearly lacks dedication to his raid if he cant even grind for a full day without sleep.

29 Nov 2008, 7:59 pm

Oh god. People neglect their responsibilities because they are too preoccupied over an online game. :roll:

Is it really that addicting? I sure am never playing one and won't let my kids get any unless he or she buys it him/herself without me around. I just won't let him or her play it on our computer unless he or she has his/her own.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 8:02 pm

Anyone else notice this statement in the article?

Quote:
She has seen a steady rise in computer game addiction, with most cases stemming from those playing online fantasy games such as World of Warcraft and Counter Strike.

CounterStrike is now considered a fantasy game?

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 8:47 pm

The game itself is not that addicting - I tend to fall asleep after an hour or two, unless I'm online with my wife - but some people, it would seem, can become addicted to anything. Sex, food, pot (which, despite what you may have heard, has no physical dependency, only psychological), texting, pencil-and-paper role-playing games, Internet usage - if you're "that kind of person", you can become addicted.

Heck, I know one guy who gets jumpy and irritable if he has to go more than two days without a workout!

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 9:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Anyone else notice this statement in the article?
Quote:
She has seen a steady rise in computer game addiction, with most cases stemming from those playing online fantasy games such as World of Warcraft and Counter Strike.

CounterStrike is now considered a fantasy game?

Nowadays? Yea.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 10:13 pm

Oh this is nothing. One gaming company had to add an online pizza delivery service in responce to starving gamers. My brother knows many people who have either dropped out of college or come close because of games.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:18 pm

Fairly basic idea here.. keep snacks to hand... wireless controllers are the way of the future. Play and watch from the fridge?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 11:13 am

There was a South Park episode in which Cartman, Stan, and Kyle played an insane amount of nonstop WoW in order to kill an enemy player. They needed the Sword of a Thousand Truths to do it, as I recall ...

01 Dec 2008, 1:06 pm

slowmutant wrote:
There was a South Park episode in which Cartman, Stan, and Kyle played an insane amount of nonstop WoW in order to kill an enemy player. They needed the Sword of a Thousand Truths to do it, as I recall ...

They did it so they could kill off the character who kept killing people illegally. Then they were given the sword to do it.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 1:13 pm

I don't even know that the big deal with this game is anyway.... there is no plot, you go on quests, its the most boring thing I have ever seen, and there are many other MMORPGs that have many things in common, it just looks different.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:00 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

They did it so they could kill off the character who kept killing people illegally. Then they were given the sword to do it.

Yeah, that's right. But the makers of SP probably wouldn't recommend you do that. If they're sane at all, these guys wouldn't recommend you attempt anything you might see on SP.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:01 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Yeah, that's right. But the makers of SP probably wouldn't recommend you do that. If they're sane at all, these guys wouldn't recommend you attempt anything you might see on SP.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:01 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:42 am

slowmutant wrote:

Ever since I saw that episode, every time I say something involving the end of the world, I can't resist adding the words "...of Warcraft" to the end of it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 2:15 am

i could never play a game for 20hrs straight, no matter what it was. i would get bored after an hour or two.