Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sslaxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2009, 9:49 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7874291.stm

As I said to a friend, this does seem rather savant-ish.

I also hope his parents aren't pushing him to do this once they realised he had this talent. Being burnt out by 13 does not sound good.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 11:32 am

Doodle this! topic

I just read about this kid in Saturday's paper. His father does the same sort of work, and somehow it brings them together sans" family dinners."

I hope they eat now and then. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 11:42 am

i hope the kid doesn't get pushed into hating it, a lot of proffesionals get into something at an early age and love it then grow to detest it because what they enjoy becomes work.

then again i do hope he's pushed to the right degree, being that talented at such an early age show great potential, given the right support he could become one of the best.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 11:54 am

Quote:
A nine-year-old Malaysian boy in Singapore has written a painting application for the Apple iPhone.

So what? My brother wrote loads of programs at that age and I'm sure lots of other children can too.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)