Teen Commits Suicide Due to Bullying

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2009, 1:43 pm

Thank you, for the comment, I was told by my father that I should always be aware of my surroundings. Aside from that the only way to be prepared for your future is to know your past, but enough gloating from me, thx for the reply. :)

Albert Einstein

HelloMeD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2009, 2:00 pm

NomadicAssassin wrote:
Well, even if there was to be a program or something to that effect, it would be hard for the schools to really monitor everything. Granted I’m only 15, but i have seen how these bullies work and they find areas where school officials cannot go such as the bathroom, locker-room, and blind spots (areas where the school cameras cannot see them). Therefore it’s a really difficult task to perform, however as time goes by I’m sure schools will get clever and figure a way to accomplish this determent.

yea, I was a junior and I was bullied by what looked to be a freshmen who was really dumb or really thought that A guy that was 6 feet tall to his 5 feet would take it for ever. he was so brash pushing me for 2 weeks before the incident when he wouldn't let me pass in the hall. RIGHT NEXT TO THE OFFICE IN PLAIN VIEW every day I finally with immense adrenalin swirled him around but o crap :roll: he fell through the wire reinforce glass that two 240 pound foot ballplayers trampolined off of every day Though it is bad I didn't really intend or expect him to go through because of that. THERE WAS 7 WITNESSES CAME FORWARD SAYING IT HAPPENED TO ME FOR WEEKS. I got told about how it is not wise to do such thing naturally by the principle and he from what I heard got expelled.

I know I have heard that aspies don't get adrenalin issues like people with full blown autism but constant stress and bullying can do wicked things to you and mess you up bad. I will not have anybody do the thing that were done to me in the past. That may make me a little paranoid for things that some people do or say to me but I will be certain not to succumb and that is the best advice for those who are bullied. I will perceiver is the right attitude and try like I try now days better than before to not succumb and retaliate like I did before.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 3:46 am

It's evolution, baby...

0ri0n83
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2009, 1:06 pm

One can not really experience what a child is going through even if they are told. One has to truly go through it to completely understand it. I hope that this never happens to you, or your children in the future.

However, I will have to say goodbye to you for I might become part of the trial that is going to happen relatively soon so my lawyers have been advising me not to share my opinion because it can be used against me and this is a public forum. So I bid everyone of you adeau and hope that you have a safe good rest of the month and summer. Peace

"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2009, 2:49 pm

Well i was lucky enough to be born with a "large Bone Structure bigger than both my parents whom both had "athletic builds" and some of the scars left from acne, really made me intimidating to everyone around me", so i have never been bullied in my life, my freinds have however so i have done what i can to help, but two wrongs don't make a right, so i can only go so far as to ridding of the bullies. :wink:

Albert Einstein

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2009, 1:44 am

NomadicAssassin wrote:
The problem is, i don't think any of the schools care wether there students are being bullied or not, I had a freind who was bullied alot and though i tried to keep the kids away, in the end he did home schooling and had alot of mental issues because of it. It's a shame that kids are allowed to do this, though brutal revenge seems like a great idea, as Willard said it will only bring you down to there level and we're not that low.

However i do wish Eric Mohat was still here today, he could have done great things in life. :cry:

How would it bring you down to their level if they deserve it? Revenge is merely justice taken by your own hands.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2009, 9:43 pm

You are right they do deserve it, but it is nott right to take reveng upon others, whom have hurt you because then you are no different from them, "a person who has power and is abusing it, by inflicting it's wrath on some one else". It took me a while to realize that, however it is mearly my opinion.

Albert Einstein

HelloMeD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2009, 5:32 pm

NomadicAssassin wrote:
You are right they do deserve it, but it is nott right to take reveng upon others, whom have hurt you because then you are no different from them, "a person who has power and is abusing it, by inflicting it's wrath on some one else". It took me a while to realize that, however it is mearly my opinion.

Now I feel a bit ashamed.

0ri0n83
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2009, 8:49 pm

HelloMeD wrote:
NomadicAssassin wrote:

Now I feel a bit ashamed.

Turns out that I am still allowed to talk on the forums, given my last post here. HelloMeD, don't feel ashamed of yourself, and don't self loathe yourself. We are human we all make mistakes. Feel ashamed for yourself if you know what you did was wrong, and you still ontinue to do it.

connor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2009, 5:41 pm

Willard wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
If I were the parents, I'd blow their faces off with a double barreled shotgun. Not just the bully, but also the people in school who are responsible for it.

And in so doing, you would become one of them.

Hatred only clouds reason.

We must remain smarter than the animals who attack us.

yep. theres this really cool thing called planting drugs & this wonderful technology called photoshop *wink wint*

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:43 am

From elementary school to 10th grade in high school, I was verbally bullied by boys. I also could NOT tell whether someone was bullying or joking around with me. But if some people were tormenting me, I would talk to the teacher or counselor and have him/her stop them from doing so. That helped me release my angry and anxiety.

I can imagine a correlation between experience of someone being body and thoughts of suicide. Everytime you're verbally and physically bullied by many people, it shows that you are not loved by and not worthy of anyone. And it's hurts so much that you just wanna separate yourself from society and destroy yourself. I know that people also get bullied as a consequence of snitching, but does snitching make you less of a man????? F*** NO!! !! It's better to be a snitch or talk to somebody than to hide your problems in your mind and soul and start killing yourself.

Not only should high school bullying be condemned, but also the failure of high school teachers and principals to stop students from tormenting highly vulnerable students. Mentor High School officials need to intervene more.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 3:51 pm

twoshots wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
I'm still unsure why people think it's emo to be sensative to bullying when studies have shown that it does affect the human mind and then you add other factors to it like family and friends.

Because human primates naturally signal their social status by denigrating the lower ranking members of society. Being visibly above the lowest rung in the pecking order is a necessity, not a luxury.

Yeah, but firstly, we no longer live in caves and don't have to fight for survival and secondly, you can be dominant in a social hierarchy without being a bully. Most groups of people seem to have an alpha who the rest will follow and unconsciously obey, but they definitely do not get into that position by bullying, they usually get it because they have a stronger personality which people naturally look up to.

I was severely bullied at school. Not just teasing but genuine persecution. People did things like writing 'freak' on my books, general incessant taunting, and one time they surrounded me and got another girl to attack me. (I beat the crap out of her...I'd been panicked about it all afternoon because they had been trying to goad us into fighting, and the adrenaline went to my head....I went mental...)

It was not a natural social experience and I did not just get over it. If someone harasses or insults me at all I still overreact and erupt with rage, though it was 6 years ago.

eristocrat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2009, 8:02 pm

I'd say this spate of suicides is more about social darwinism than evolution. Certain types of people (overbearing, competitive, hypersocialized, materialistic) like to become teachers and they are naturally going to like students who are similar. Nature may not care any more than teachers if you live or die, but it is a lot more objective in its attitude towards abstract intelligence, creativity, technical expertise, and other socially undesirable quirks.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 8:34 pm

At first I didn't think much of this, but putting it more into deep thought it's very depressing. I almost feel more so sad for the parents, that's really one of the worst ways to see your child go.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 10:59 am

jrknothead, I'll go on the record as saying, that when I was in school yes, everyday was not easy with all of the tyrants(bullies) back then yet, I did my best to survive and all.
Yes, I've heard a great deal of how being bullied can affect one's mental state as, sometimes people whom have been bullied themselves often become agressive and turn into bullies at times yet, that is not a confirmed fact for, all people have their own coping mechanisms with dealing with such along with the fact, not all people become the mere things of which they hate, if this makes sense? Sometimes, I'd wish that there had been people around to help me deal with the pesky people of an earlier timeline still, It's most distressing to hear how one falls into suicide in pertaining to bullyism... :( :(

ProfessorX