Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:19 am

Not really. Apparently I'm good at spelling, but I don't really notice or care. My IQ is 101. That's what I call extremely average.

milksnake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2015, 5:07 am

High IQ (148), excellent visual imagination and pattern recognition (failure analysis and forensic science are areas of strength for me). I can also absorb information on a subject extremely quickly. My maths skills are not that great, it's my ability to visualize the systems they represent that sets me apart.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:47 am

@devilkisses my IQ is also 101

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2015, 12:00 pm

milksnake wrote:
High IQ (148), excellent visual imagination and pattern recognition (failure analysis and forensic science are areas of strength for me). I can also absorb information on a subject extremely quickly. My maths skills are not that great, it's my ability to visualize the systems they represent that sets me apart.

i have a similar skill set. probably gonna go into the arts in some form or another.

leniorose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

I have a talent for patterns and codes.
I can learn languages, mathematics and musical instruments very easily, and anything branching off from these. I also have a reputation for being an efficient code breaker.

MLG4Ever
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm

The only talents that I have is music and acting and I have photographic memory so far

undergrounddistrict
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2015, 9:31 am

When I was younger I used to memorise loads of number plates at once and be able to recall them accurately months after but I stopped doing that because people thought I was weird. But now I mainly focus on computers and maths. :D

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2015, 9:09 am

I got a very strong associative memory.

If you know the show "Chuck", that's kind of what i mean, i remember almost everything i hear or read, but i cannot recall at will, rather, the information just pops up when something triggers the memory (like: a question about that topic)

Shadowrunner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2015, 12:46 am

I wouldn't call myself savant, but I have been told I have higher than average skill with technology and electronics, namely computers. My school let me work with the IT director for one period a day - and I get a free credit for it! (I'm the first in 5 years they offered this to. I'm still surprised by it.)

You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.

ultimafighterbp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2015, 9:03 am

DrHouseHasAspergers wrote:
I can read over 1000 words per minute with nearly 100% reading comprehension. I can also learn how to spell a word simply by looking at it once and I will remember it for the rest of my life.
My IQ is 147.
That's just like me in a way except if I put my mind on something like math I can pick it up pretty quick and remember how to do it after the first time I did it. Also if you are posting about IQ, I got a interesting read for you all, read Mismeasure Of Man by Stephen Jay Ghoul and Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Ghatto. You people might get a suprise about iq and some other stuff. Not going to push it but it's up to you guys. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 9:29 am

One of my greatest talents is offending people who want to remain stuck in their sickness.

GrandWazoo

16 Jul 2015, 8:12 am

I don't consider myself to be very smart or skilled, even though i have a lot of (what others might call) talents. I have an eidetic memory and can easily recall a lot of things from my past, even the early childhood days. Above all i am interested in a lot of things that all have become obsessions that don't make me just focus but hyperfocus. Sometimes i can even learn multiple things at once.
Learning facts and the distinction of patterns are what i can do best.

There is a wide range of things i am obsessed with. It covers music (creating, playing), writing (stories, short stories, articles), science (most importantly forensic science, neuroscience, medicine), languages, movies, and tv shows.

Posting about my own IQ on here would be irrelevant, since that doesn't prove whether i am skilled or not and is nothing but a meaningless guideline anyway. At least that is what i think. :wink:

Please mind that English is just my second language, so i am already sorry for any mistakes i am definitely going to make.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm

Not amazing. I have very high, untrained skill in a extremely limited area.

Indianaguy43
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

Patterns..

The best way i can describe it is take a 1000 piece puzzle and dump it out and look at the box top. I can then without touching and of the pieces find the matching parts. and complete the puzzle in very short order. I do that with everything broken rocks broken, glass, you name it. If there is a pattern i will see it and put it back together. I can take a pile of flag stone look at them and lay them in a pattern and end up with side that are flat with all the odd angular side matched up with matching angles.
I used to be able to see patterns in number and to be able to see where the patterns would take me. I lost that in about he 3rd grade because i became so bored with school because they were taking so long to teach me about things i didnt already know about. But thats a different story.

Also with that as I am working the patterns and putting the puzzle back together. I am able to go from the finished product to where and when the product came from. I see things in the most minute detail, i force myself to not do that because its becomes over baring.

Your Aspie score: 184 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 41 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

Is pissing off others a talent? If not, then I don't really have a talent. My IQ is of about 120.