Anyone else feel like most other students are idiots?

Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

I often get annoyed with my classmates for being loud and not listening in class. I'm hypersensitive to this because I'm afraid it will lead the teacher to be mean to the whole class (and therefore me).

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm

Yeah, I feel the same way. I usually just try to make myself as small as possible so no one notices me.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 8:33 am

I had always felt that I had excelled in maturity (albeit wih poorer social skills) compared to the other students.

However, this year I feel more one among equals. I don't know if it's the fact that I moved to a new school and the students here are just different, but now that I am a high school senior all year the other students have just been equal maturity to me, and even near -equal social skills. I don't feel as alienated or different anymore.

I'm wondering if there's any other high school seniors in this thread and if you are, ddid you FINALLY feel your classmates have 'caught up' a bit more? Or not at all?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 10:53 am

Outrider wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any other high school seniors in this thread and if you are, ddid you FINALLY feel your classmates have 'caught up' a bit more? Or not at all?

I'm a high school senior and I see a bit of an improvement this year. But that could just be because it's the start of the year and people aren't as used to and comfortable in the new classes. There is still the problem of people not listening in class.

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2015, 7:05 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Well, I often wonder if Aspergirls and Asperguys both mature faster than other kids but are also often child-like and innocent, whereas 'normal' teenagers basically go through a bizarre hormonal change that makes them act in reckless, baffling, and seemingly asinine ways. That's my theory, anyway.

That's it. I feel like I'm an adult compared to the kids in my school. They're disrespectful and laughing about "69" jokes. But at the same time I'm the innocent, slightly childish person (at least in my mind). I'm reliable but also have some traits that just don't fit into my usual polite and mature manner.
My classmates are always loud, they scream, they are disrespectful, impolite and think they are the greatest when doing stupid things like harrassing someone or annyoing them to the core.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

I often wonder why 'normal' teenagers are so weird, and I guess it's because of the hormones. But then, hormones aren't an excuse for disrespectful behavior. I also often wonder if the maturity levels in university are any better...

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

joshskuxx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Nov 2015, 6:03 am

kind of. Its good to joke around and have fun at school, but most kids at my school are either immature/dumb or they have no goals in life and don't see the value of actually putting in effort and trying to get a good education.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 9:19 am

I'm in college though I feel the exact same way, minus one person I've met.

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2015, 10:24 am

Yes. I always had a sort of superiority complex when it came to other students.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 3:20 pm

I should clarify what I wrote: I don't think that other students are idiots, most of the time. And my classmates are not that badly behaved, probably because I'm in advanced classes--besides, like Outrider mentioned, it is better this year. But any talking or noisiness at all bothers me.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 3:44 am

TheAP wrote:
I often get annoyed with my classmates for being loud and not listening in class. I'm hypersensitive to this because I'm afraid it will lead the teacher to be mean to the whole class (and therefore me).

FREAKING THIS.

still, no, i never considered other students idiots simply because we operate differently. i don't know what made them act like that and perhaps they had a perfectly justifiable excuse. i can't know, you can't know.

the noise disrupts me, nothing more.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 2:47 pm

TheAP wrote:

Oh yes, I hate that, too. Although I know that it's not my fault when others are loud and the teacher gets angry because of them I am still so sensitive about him or her getting angry to everyone. It's like I feel a bit guilty although I haven't even done anything that would annoy the teacher.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

There are some kids at the back of my bus that are the most idiotic people I've seen.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 3:17 am

the back of the bus is ALWAYS the loudest.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 4:43 am

In my opinion most of us genuinely were more mature than our classmates.

And, if we ever felt superior to them, that's because it's natural to feel that way.

Usually when you feel more mature than others your age, it's extremely difficult to do so without developing a little bit of arrogance.

But, sometimes, your sense of arrogance may actually be that you are right.

On observation, there were many behaviors I usually associated as 'childish' or 'immature' when I was younger, and it turns out, at a more mature age, I was right.

A 14 year old who finds their classmates immature and childish and is frustrated with their behavior will usually develop into an older teen who was right.

My inner-hate for the immaturity of younger teenagers grows more and more the older I get. But i've accepted there is no changing it.

Young immature a-h•le teens will always remain this way, as the cycle will always continue.

I look at my classmates who were that age, and then I look at younger students, and the cycle continues. Social change cannot happen shortly but is a generational thing. Next generation teens may behave slightly different.

This generation there will be no observable change, as when you're a high school senior the younger students will be the same as you/your classmates use to be.

So that's my advice for all the other teens here.

Seriously, if you feel more mature than your classmates, it's very likely that you are. Embrace it, but don't show off about it. Don't be humble and assume 'maybe I'm wrong. Maybe when I'm older I'll look back and see I was equally as mature as they were'.

That's probably not true. When you're 17/18 you'll realize the 14 year old a55•h•ls when you were 14, are still the a55h•les at 18.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 4:58 am

.....from a certain point of view maybe

But nah, most that remain students to the end will most likely succeed in the social life goals of the 21st century and therefore have the proper amount of intelligence to have. I think it's unfair to try to judge anything before college as it's basically just daycare before that, most are just forced to be students. Anyone who is a student by choice later on has a decent amount of intelligence to know how to realistically gain class mobility.

I have pretty high intelligence, maybe the highest of everyone I know, but I'm pretty stupid sometimes from a point of view. I swear like a sailor, have very long unkempt hair, and have been playing a very dangerous game of only half caring about my education at college. I'm reckless and I know it. I just can't get motivated into wanting to join the greater portion of society and their endless rat races. Everything is done under the sun to me, I hope that might change soon and I give a crap about my social future in the U.S., otherwise it's off to the military or vagabond life.