Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2016, 2:54 pm

What's up people!

I have a question for yall.

How do you stay positive in life?

I have what you might call "light" Aspergers. Everything is all right 80% of the time. But sometimes I get a little too self-aware and start having "dark" thoughts.

I can imagine that other people on this forum might experience the same feelings. How do you deal with it?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 3:43 pm

Honestly, I just let the feelings come and then pass. You could try doing breathing exercises or doing something you enjoy to distract you.

TechnicalAmateur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Feb 2016, 9:58 pm

I swim. If I don't swim I slowly lose it completely until I end up crying myself to sleep for many consecutive days.

Honestly I recommend trying to reconcile yourself with the darker parts, it's easier when you can say "This is who I am and yeah I'm not always okay with that but it's a fact of life" as opposed to trying to deny some fundamental part of yourself and ignore differences.

I'm not one to talk though, I'm fairly isolated right now because I can't handle life in general.

I love PMs but have no clue how to start a conversation.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 7:40 am

I recommend:

Taking care of your body:

Eating a healthy, balanced diet, along with exercise. Healthy mind, healthy body. To take care of one's body will kake you feel more energetic and alert through the day, you won't feel sluggish anymore and your thinking won't be dulled.

Working on your fashion sense, appreance, and hygiene: Once you work on your appearance and general maintenance, you will both look and feel good and confident in yourself.

Getting off any unnecessary medications:

I use to take Risperidone, which ruined my life. After years I finally got the psychologist to get me off it.

If you genuinely need medication to treat any issues, of course by all means, take it, if it helps. But if all it does is dull you, make you feel even more depressed and hopeless, get off of that cr*p.

I think in today's society, medications are prescribed far too much when there are plenty of natural alternatives and alchemies that can help. Medication should be a last resort...

Drink tea often and eat certain foods that ease stress and anxiety: Tea and the like contain certain chemicals that make one feel calm and more alert.

Meditate daily, and try to incorporate aspects of your meditation in other aspects of your lifestyle even when you aren't meditating.

Get plenty of rest, at least 7 and a half hours a night minimum, though 8-9 and a half is ideal.

Clean and organize your immediate workspace/room/area. Cluttered, messy rooms often contribute to depression and anxiety, along with making you live in a messy and unhygienic state.

Use isochronic delta waves and binaural beats and the like when you want to relax. What are these? Our brain uses different brainwaves depending on the situation. Alpha and beta waves tend to be used when we are awake, while delta, theta, etc. while we are asleep. There are actually songs or sound effects on youtube designed to activate your delta/theta waves. Activating the delta waves especially I've found relaxes and eases my mind.

Have the occasionaly drink/alcohol if you're allowed to: A drink here and therewill not affect your health negatively,so long as you play it safe. Don't get smashed, just a few drinks, and pace yourself well. 2 in the first hour, and one every hour after that, they say. Do it in the privacy of your home.

Which brings me to my next point: The occasional drug is also alright, as long as it is one of the least harmful ones, examples being Marijuana and Magic Muschrooms. While legal in some places, in others, you may have to break the law to do so if you are okay with doing so. Don't even be risky and go to dealers, there are much easier, safer ways. You'd be surprised to know some family or friends may be able to get you onto someone about it. As you can tell, I am not the moral police. I think alcohol is just as much as drug as the other two, except it's legal here in OZ while the other two aren;'t.

Try to live in a quiet place, or seek silence. It does wonders for the mind.

Listen to music as often as you can, helps release dopamine and endorphins. Especially positive, uplifting music with positive melodies.

This may not be to your taste, and if you like darker or moodier stuff, that's okay as well.

My personal go-to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdTuqf-GF0M

It's a trance/electronic song, very beautiful and uplifting to my ears, and my favorite song, I relate to it in that to me it is the sound of my ambition, hope, and the sound of my future all mixed into one. It inspires me...

I also recommend this one, or stuff like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhtJduoCZ0

Talk to others about problems and issues you have in your life. A problem shared is a problem halfed.

Contribute to the world, whether that be through having a job, studying hard, volunterring somewhere, or just helping around the house. Helpig others makes one feel better.

Have positive self-talk, always talk highly and confidently of yourself without being arrogant or selfish, remain humble yet prideful, remind yourself of your achievements so far constantly.

And like the other user said, accept your flaws, accept sometimes you;ll be negative, make mistakes, be angry, etc. accept yourself as a flawed person rather than perfect.

Read. It heplps stimulate the mind and imagination. I personally read philosophy, thought provoking-books they are that make one think about life and the world around them. But whatever your taste is, is fine.

Self-educate/self-teach yourself. Take up a hobby/interest, seek out as much knowledge as you can. Learning can be fun.

Find HUMOR in life, seek laughter and the funny. One of the best ways to brighten your day.

And above all, you only live once, life's too short to be worried about what may never happen or what bad things will happen, so have FUN!! ! :D

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 11:01 am

^That's great advice, Outrider! :) I want to live in a quiet nature-y place. I can't stand living in town.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII