Am turning 16, don't know what to get for my Birthday

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ShadowDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2018, 3:33 pm

Hi,
I am turning 16 in Mid-February and I have no idea what to get for my birthday, anyone got any ideas. I am a little crazy, but not outgoing. But I am willing to lots of ideas, as long as they don't involve clowns(shudder). I am aware that what I said probably doesn't make any sense, I have no idea. I like steam trains and books.

thanks, I Don't know if this is what this site is for, but it says its for people with Asperger's, which I definitely do have.
As you can probably see my mind is all over the place from what I have just typed, even though that has no relevance to what I have just typed.

Thank you
Shadow Dragon.

BeeFarm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2018, 12:25 am

If you tell us a bit about yourself we will understand what you like and don't like which should give us a conclusion of what would be a good present.

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2018, 2:04 am

ShadowDragon wrote:
I am turning 16 in Mid-February.
Let me be the first to wish you a very happy 16th BD.
ShadowDragon wrote:
I like steam trains and books.
Buy the latest fancy steam train. What reading material do you enjoy?

ShadowDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Feb 2018, 8:20 am

Thanks for replying,
Cheers for the happy birthday, I am looking forward to it as it is in the half term so will be able to get some time off before the summer exams. Though will be tough with all my family round, they are very nice but I just can't cope. I hope I get the box set of stargate, going to ride out most of the short holiday with the box set in my room.

Anyway, Someone asked me what I liked, I have tried to list the best I can:

I like:

Science fiction novels, history books, DS games, have recently got into to FTL ( Faster than light by Subset games). I was thinking about asking for some Star trek what is any good I haven't watched barely any. I watched Star trek the motion picture 1 the movie, I really liked Leonard nimoy as spock, but the story kind of sucked. I really like fantasy novels like Legend of Drizzt and Dragonlance, the Belgariad. Like the Simpsons, love the satire. I like Dungeons and Dragons ed5 , though I know all the monsters and rules, so its a little dull.

Don't like: Anything that I won't use, unpractical, or that smells weird. Anything that makes me look nice, I don't care about my appearance. Anything in any bright colors, particularly orange.

Thanks for hearing about me.
Shadow Dragon

BeeFarm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

Well reading is my special interest so I might be biased towards the books, but I think a good Sci-Fi Novel would be a good gift.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:21 am

I always prefer getting cash tbh.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 12:03 am

A car? I got my dad's for my 16th. I guess it wasn't really given to me as much as I could use it but he didn't much after that so it was pretty much mine.

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2018, 12:00 pm

ShadowDragon wrote:
Thanks for replying,
Cheers for the happy birthday, I am looking forward to it as it is in the half term so will be able to get some time off before the summer exams. Though will be tough with all my family round, they are very nice but I just can't cope. I hope I get the box set of stargate, going to ride out most of the short holiday with the box set in my room.
Anyway, Someone asked me what I liked, I have tried to list the best I can:
I like:
Science fiction novels, history books, DS games, have recently got into to FTL ( Faster than light by Subset games). I was thinking about asking for some Star trek what is any good I haven't watched barely any. I watched Star trek the motion picture 1 the movie, I really liked Leonard nimoy as spock, but the story kind of sucked. I really like fantasy novels like Legend of Drizzt and Dragonlance, the Belgariad. Like the Simpsons, love the satire. I like Dungeons and Dragons ed5 , though I know all the monsters and rules, so its a little dull.
Don't like: Anything that I won't use, unpractical, or that smells weird. Anything that makes me look nice, I don't care about my appearance. Anything in any bright colors, particularly orange.
Thanks for hearing about me.
Shadow Dragon

Would you believe ..... I was 15 about to turn 16 way back then.
I had so many wonderful and grateful experiences, in work, in relationships, in life.
Life is not easy, it has it's ups and downs. I have experienced many good times and not so good times and here I am at the age of 58 and love my life more than ever.