Page 18 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

JamesJ
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2018, 10:38 pm

Very true. Weather changes always drive my head nuts and definitely cause stress. Recently, the weather caused so much pressure my scalp was numb and the phobias were bad. Really sucks when the weather feels like it has more power over me than I do.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 11:14 pm

For years I had emetophobia so bad it was like my entire life revolved around it. It's not so bad now but when my dad got sick from something he may have eaten on my birthday a couple of weeks ago I hid in the basement of my parent's house until very late at night. He was okay the next day but my dad's always had a really sensitive stomach. :(

No, it's not as stupid as some people think. And yes, it is horrible.

It's supposed to actually be pretty common, and yet little research has been done on it.

People say stupid things like "You'll feel better if you throw up." Ah, no! I would rather be on the toilet for a week with diarrhea than spend ten seconds throwing up.

Or, "no one ever died from vomiting". First, if you get really dehydrated it can become life-threatening. Second, and even worse, people have choked to death on their vomit, usually while unconscious or passed out. When you're passed out from drinking or being high on drugs you may throw up without waking up, and then you can choke on it or develop pneumonia from all the bacteria-laden particles of puke that get in your lungs. PLEASANT DREAMS!! :mrgreen: :skull: :mrgreen:

It also makes you look like a huge jerkwad. Someone tells you their stomach's upset, and instead of showing sympathy or asking if there's anything you can get them that might help, you want to run away because they're about the equivalent of a dog with rabies.

You're afraid to eat anything you think might poison you, which can make people think you're anorexic, or they accuse you of being wasteful if you throw food away even if it still looks safe to eat.

You're afraid of being around infants and children because they are basically living petri dishes of germs who can lose their food, often without warning.

You're afraid to travel because you might get motion sick or see someone else being sick.

You're afraid to take many medications because at least one of the side effects is nausea. So when your shrink prescribes you medication for your anxiety, that just scares you even more.

You're afraid of being around pregnant women or becoming pregnant yourself (although in my case that's not the only reason I refuse to have kids).

You're afraid to go to a movie you haven't already seen because these days it's like every movie has to have at least one puking scene. At least you can check for such things on IMBD.

Sometimes you're even afraid to own a cat or dog because they can throw up, too. :(

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

17 Jun 2018, 2:46 pm

Upsetting my mother, the dark, a phone call from school for all the women in my life to lecture me, rebellion, people dying when they haven't been back in like 20 to 30 minutes going somewhere that should have only taken 5-10 minutes, such as a trip to the cigarette store, getting beer, or McDonalds, or anywhere else, sleeping in the dark because after watching a YouTube poop with certain elements I fear that if I move, the YouTube Poop is going to come on the TV, and the Devil will steal my soul.
I can't think of any more off the bat.

Substantially_Abstract
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2018, 4:08 pm

- not getting to do what I like in life (getting tricked by those undergraduate programs)
- overlooking some diseases or suddenly getting some, due to the accumulation of chronic problems, like my weird sleep cycle (most feared diseases: cancer, losing my intelligence, losing my eyesight)
- my eyes changing colour
- everlasting boredom, for example due to humanity figuring everything out
- zombies
- everlasting life (sometimes)
- everlasting car/transportation ride