Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2018, 9:53 pm

I have a hard time accepting myself for who I am. I want a group of people who understand me. But thats hard to find.

Im in grade 12 and I feel less mature than my classmates. I would rather build puzzles and play cards than go to parties. I like pot though.
I also am not really interested in dating. Social events stress me out. I cant even go to the regular prom because I have sensory issues. I like to write though.

I stim a lot and it makes people feel uncomfortable. I would like friends who understand my social and emotional issues. I have complex emotions and I dont always know how to respond appropriately to my emotions.

I like my blankets a lot and I still have my stuffies. They are comforting but everybody else would think its weird.

School is a whole other story. I get out of my seat and walk around in my special ed math class. Im allowed to. I sometimes get overwhelmed and distracted in my other classes. People stare at me. I have senaory overload and meltdowns.

I just want more people to understand, other than my special ed teachers. They are so understanding and they make me feel happy. I get the help I need. I also get to go to that room when I am stressed out. They also understand my needs. My shoelace untied once and I was in math class. My teacher came over and reminded me how to tie it. I like to be reminded of those good times. Grade 12 is stressing me out