Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Anyone get the pun?

All jokes aside, what were some harsh (or not so much) lessons that you learned during your adolescence?

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Protect myself from people who can hurt me.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 5:16 pm

I learned that a leopard doesn't change its spots. If someone was nerdy and odd and not part of the mainstream crowd, he was gonna be that way forever, If someone was thuggish and a bully he would be that way all the time.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

You need to grow up and be a man/woman.

Try to emulate the emotions, priorities, and motivations of your peers (that is, make an impact/contribute to society/get off ur @ss and work).

You are grown.

Live your life. Decide what kind of person you are.

Be responsible for actions, no matter how stupid.

Take care of yourself.

Be independent from others (that is, don't be clingy)

ShamanicExperience2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2012, 7:01 pm

1) The freaking loops are everywhere and unavoidable. By which i mean routines, habits, mannerisms, etc, most people sort of just loop like a broken record n dont even realize it.

2) When u break out of one loop, u enter another, there freaking everywhere and unavoidable

3) The Fountain of Fail is the source of all that is Fail in the Universe, like if The Fountain of Youth's water was all murky n dirty n sticky n oily.

4) The Truth hurts and it makes some people go into a a defensive mode cuz something is at stake for them that really isnt worth as much as they think (and of course ive had my fair share of truths shown to me about me that got me that way too)

5) There are worlds within worlds within worlds. For example, Our world, then there can be Jail, another "world", within jail, there are different cell blocks and tanks, those are "worlds" within the "jail world" and within those are the gangs, within those are the individuals who have different perceptions, thus different worlds. Think any sort of culture and youll see it.

6) As humans, we have alot more in common then we all think we do

7) Its difficult to judge actions as good and bad, much easier as sane and insane. e.g: "Is this person good or evil, but more importantly, is this person bat-shit insane?"