How to stop being so obsessed with my interests?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mr Orange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2016, 4:51 pm

Hello everybody,just signed to this site today :D and since this site speaks about such condition as Autism,i wanted to say if any of you could give me some tips about how to control my passionate interests?I'm a very perfeccionistic person and i wanted to stop being so focused about people's lifes.It's rather frustrating just going to Facebook for hours at a time to see what a person likes to do,when she was born,etcetera.Is there a way to control such a thing?

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2016, 10:13 pm

Let me start by saying welcome to the site. This may or may not help you, but if you like looking at peoples' profiles on social media then there is nothing wrong with that. We all have special interests that we just like. If it is consuming your day, you should try to find other things to do. You could try listening to music, reading a book, or watch a good movie or tv show. If you enjoy doing something then keep doing it, as long as it is not illegal or harms others.

Mr Orange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2016, 10:39 am

Thank you for replying MSBKyle :lol: .But is it natural to keep a Diary that only describes details about people's lives?When they were born,what hospital did they born,and a huge myriad of personality analysis of which i spend a rather incommensurable amount of time in it.I even like to describe their odor.It is rather allusive for you to say that it consumes a portion of my time,since i remember that when i told my best friend about that,he just kept rambling about it is rather uncommon for a person to come closer to person just to,as i like to call it,''capture'' their smell,and that i should not get interrested in such a thing. Should i stop doing this for the sake of my friend's request,or should i try to control such elusive behaviour?

Feanor
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2016, 4:26 pm

That's pretty unusual in focus, from my point of view- but actually, this site is kinda the hot spot for unusual interests, right? I think you should carry on with it, if it doesn't bother you or anyone else. My friends think my interests are weird too, but I wouldn't give them up because of that :D , and I dont think you should be either. Besides, you may find you just grow out of this interest and swap it tor another as you get older- it's happened to me that plenty of times. In fact, if it bothers you- try and get into a single new interest if you can.

fudgearoundthecorner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm

Try to resist. Tell your parents you need help. They would be more than happy to take your stuff away. I know mine would. It will be rough and painful, but you will live. This was me with my urge to google useless things, like google do a barrel roll.

You will live :D

"Pit, go fetch me some mac and cheese w/ flaming hot cheetos"
"Yes lady Fudgearoundthecorner"