What are you planning to do on Autism Awareness Day?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2018, 3:57 am

Here in China we usually hold charity fairs and other boring stuff which don't have much meaning (because most people in China still know nothing about autism).
This year I'm thinking about doing some fun stuff that can really make people understand more! (Since it's an anniversary and it's also a decennial because the first Autism Awareness Day was held in 2008!)
What kind of activities do you have in your countries? How do you feel about them? Do you like the day?

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2018, 5:25 am

I'm now thinking about holding an NT Awareness Party or something in my school.

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!