Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2005, 1:18 am

I have never got into a physical altercation, altho several verbal ones. when i try to fight back, they just laugh at me.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2005, 10:39 pm

I used to fight back at people who were mean to me (I was really vicious in preschool....long story), but now that I'm a member of Colors of Conflict Resolution, I've learned to use the Win-Win model for fights rather than the Win-Lose or Lose-Win models. I get picked on chronically at school, but I'm too kind and gentle to be spiteful. I guess they just take advantage of that.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 10:13 am

Kids who try to bully me regret it when they realize that I insist on continuing what they've started. Usually they end up being bullied in turn. By me.
And, then, of course, they realize that it just wasn't worth it and give up. And to honor that, I give up too, so everyone lives happily ever after.
Of course, I kind of like bullies. They make my otherwise boring life rather interesting.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2005, 9:55 am

i wouldnt let anybody try and hurt me even though im usually passive.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 11:42 pm

As for me, no. That would be my VERY last resort. I've been this way ever since 8th grade 'cause I was a chicken afraid to get in trouble, but I don't give in, up or back down. I never resort to physical violence, though.

I've learned not to care about being bullied or teased, so I don't have to act SO mean or spiteful,(maybe just a TINY bit.) because that shows I'm stupid like them, in my opinion. I usually act like :roll: and not pay attention to them because usually I know they WANT me to fight back, so I don't give them what they want, but that's just me.

sandra3 wrote:
i wouldnt let anybody try and hurt me even though im usually passive.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:19 pm

I fought back major today against my "Friend" and yesterday. we had a screaming match and I told her just what I thought of her. I'm sick of her! She's mean and nasty and she hurts people! she's the type of person I would never want to be in contact with, but when I met ehr she was nice! and she's so frikin moosy! today we ahd i out againa nd I said some pretty horrible things (she's such a B!tch that I don't care anymore!) I'm tired of her!

TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 3:59 pm

i fought back at this bully back when i was in 4th grade the first time i fought back i choke him and had a talk with the princable then the 2nd time i punched him in the face after he kicked me and everybody thought i started the fight and the only people who belived me were my 2 friends then i got 2 days of iss (in school susspention)

From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 8:39 pm

wow. you sound liek you were one scary kid... :twisted:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 1:19 am

I used to back down if people were only engaging in intimidating/prefight behaviors, but if somebody became physical, then I had nothing to lose by fighting back regardless of whether or not I was tougher than them. My Dad always told me: "Don't throw the first punch, but don't get hit with it either". I was able to keep most of my physical confrontations down to minor skirmishes that way.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 7:07 am

Never got into a single physical confrontation with anyone. I was the kid who would ignore the bullies as best as I could while fighting tears. Only occasionally breaking down. Yeah, it might not have been the most dignified way to deal with it, but it earned me alot of sympathy from non-bullies. Whereas if I tried to fight, not only would I have gotten hurt and disciplined, but everybody else probably would have joined in on giving me a hard time.

TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2005, 11:21 pm

CRACK wrote:
Never got into a single physical confrontation with anyone. I was the kid who would ignore the bullies as best as I could while fighting tears. Only occasionally breaking down. Yeah, it might not have been the most dignified way to deal with it, but it earned me alot of sympathy from non-bullies. Whereas if I tried to fight, not only would I have gotten hurt and disciplined, but everybody else probably would have joined in on giving me a hard time.

its hard to ignore

From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 10:24 am

TheViking wrote:
its hard to ignore

Indeed. Mind games do work better than physical confrontations/fights though ... at least some of the time. ;)

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 4:23 pm

I would always fight back.But that would never stop anyone.

-SpaceCase :(

jm314
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2005, 4:33 pm

I will only fight back as a last resort (as in I am about to start crying). Usually I ignore them, although sometimes I play mindgames with them, which is hilarious when oyu leave them standing there wondering what the hell you were saying, and by the time they realise what it meant, they look around and say [CENSORED] as they realise that you've used the time to run off!

s0uThp4rk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 5:23 pm

I don't have a bullying problem... I have fought back though when anyone has tried it.. They never tried it again.. I think people are a bit scared of me because I am so quiet I bearly ever speak. I also know a lot of the people that would be bullies, so i'm pretty much protected... people seem to also more respect me for just being a computer geek so I guess I'm lucky.

jm314
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2005, 4:26 pm

Computer Geeks Rule! In computer classes you can tell who the geeks are as they're the ones coming back at lunchtimes to take computers apart.